Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Stones album next year according to Ronnie
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 6, 2008 17:28

[www.contactmusic.com]

"We're going to start work on another Stones record next year." RONNIE WOOD confirms the ROLLING STONES are heading back to the studio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-06 17:28 by georgelicks.

Re: New Stones album next year according to Ronnie
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 6, 2008 17:32

A/K/A Ronnie is out of money.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 6, 2008 17:44

ronnie has been demoted to stones spokesman/press liaison...better fit for those that pose better than they play....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 6, 2008 17:52

T&A
ronnie has been demoted to stones spokesman/press liaison...better fit for those that pose better than they play....

But Ronnnies playing was a lot better on the last leg of the ABB tour, and his posing was kept to a minimum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-06 17:56 by ryanpow.

Date: November 6, 2008 17:56

Signing autographs win skin gloves. That's style )smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-06 17:57 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 6, 2008 18:02

Great news. I just wonder if Mick and Keith know this.....

Date: November 6, 2008 18:06

ryanpow
T&A

But Ronnnies playing was a lot better on the last leg of the ABB tour, and his posing was kept to a minimum.

i'm sorry, but the decision was based on the full scope of his lifetime of mischievement....

Date: November 6, 2008 18:13

<Great news. I just wonder if Mick and Keith know this.....>

They do smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 6, 2008 18:19

Are you sure Dandeloin? Do you have some information you would like share? :-)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2008 18:25

georgelicks
[www.contactmusic.com]

"We're going to start work on another Stones record next year." RONNIE WOOD confirms the ROLLING STONES are heading back to the studio.

If its from contactmusic, then its lifted from another source - and very often distorted for their own ends.

Dont see anything on a google news search to confirm this statement being made anywhere else...can anyone find the proper source for it?

Date: November 6, 2008 18:27

T&A

Ronnie's the last band member who I'd rely on for a comment on the band's future plans.

He's full of great intentions (an album every 18 months from now on after the release of BTB/entire albums being played back to back at the Licks club shows/ his Drury Lane gig in March 2005 being the first of what he intended to be a monthly occurrence) but they never seem to come off.

Date: November 6, 2008 19:22

Gazza
T&A

Ronnie's the last band member who I'd rely on for a comment on the band's future plans.

He's full of great intentions (an album every 18 months from now on after the release of BTB/entire albums being played back to back at the Licks club shows/ his Drury Lane gig in March 2005 being the first of what he intended to be a monthly occurrence) but they never seem to come off.

he's unlucky (but lucky in love). one of these days he's just bound to guess right...the law of averages and all that.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 6, 2008 19:44

great to hear but it kind of confirms what people have been saying about a tour not starting until 2010 - i cannot wait that long!

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: November 6, 2008 19:49

Whatever It Is, I'm Ready For It!!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:01

Didn't Ron fling out this comment at the PC yesterday?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:05

>> Didn't Ron fling out this comment at the PC yesterday? <<

smile: more like at the SAL premiere in april or whenever it was -
didn't both Ronnie and Charlie say something about an album back then?
and contactnews is regurgitating it now ... that's my theory until further notice

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:07

What about this PC yesterday? What happened there? I've heard nothing or seen nothing.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:09

it was a false alarm, Kent honey

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:26

I'd love to hear an album of new songs. I hope this newsbit is correct. Cheers Ronnie, here's a carrot juice to the new album!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 6, 2008 20:36

I'll get excited again when or if I get in front of my PC to buy tickets for a club show.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 7, 2008 00:04

rrronnie
Great news. I just wonder if Mick and Keith know this.....

I hope they do. And not beeing busy with film (Mick) and book (Keith)
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 7, 2008 00:06

Re: Stones in London: press conference to announce SAL Non-US Release
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 5, 2008 18:44

Gazza, I was under the impression that they didn't know what the Cohls have been up to. In both this matter - tha fan club fraud - and in ripping off Marilou.

Latest news: Ronnie allegedly said in London today that the Stones are going to record a new album next year.
I donno if he was sober...or if I trust him at all. After what he did to Jo!

The above was written yesterday. Gentleman I know spoke with him at an award ceremony or something.

Date: November 7, 2008 01:08

>Ronnie allegedly said in London today

Unless he was speaking in a drunken haze to some guy propping up the bar at his local pub, there's nothing to suggest this happened 'today' or even recently.

(edit - just read the Contact piece..it was indeed a day or so ago, so apologies..its still all very vague however)

All of Contactmusic's pieces are regurgitated information taken from elsewhere. Can anyone provide an original source for this 'quote' so that it can be put in some credible context? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-07 03:17 by Gazza.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 7, 2008 03:03

Yeah I don't think we should take this TOO seriously. Ronnie could just be saying that because A) he thinks they will record next year or cool smiley he says that just as a standard reply to the question. It would look better that they might still record rather than saying that it's not for sure...which would probably lead to presumptious headlines like "Stones to Call it quits!: Band does not have any more recording plans!"

It's probably safer and easier to just say "yeah we're recording next year" Eh...no harm done.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 7, 2008 03:06

Ronnie needs money. That's all it means. Nothing has been stated officially. So on that note, nothing is going to happen in 2009. Until something is said, it's all nothing.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 7, 2008 12:21

I hope we get a few outtakes from Mick's solo work like Streets of Shit on the new CD!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 7, 2008 13:00

Gazza
>Ronnie allegedly said in London today

Unless he was speaking in a drunken haze to some guy propping up the bar at his local pub, there's nothing to suggest this happened 'today' or even recently.

(edit - just read the Contact piece..it was indeed a day or so ago, so apologies..its still all very vague however)

All of Contactmusic's pieces are regurgitated information taken from elsewhere. Can anyone provide an original source for this 'quote' so that it can be put in some credible context? Thanks.

It might just be that Ronnie attended the recent Classic Rock awards (see the Jack Bruce thread). There seem to have been a lot of ageing rockers present, as you would expect so Ronnie would certainly be eligible

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 7, 2008 13:30

Of course they will do something new next year. Its a part of the new record deal!

Date: November 7, 2008 14:10

jamesjagger
Of course they will do something new next year. Its a part of the new record deal!

it is? No one seems to know anything about this deal as the information hasnt been made public.

Obviously theyve committed to making new material, but that doesnt mean it will or has to happen in 2009.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2008 14:22

Gazza
jamesjagger

it is? No one seems to know anything about this deal as the information hasnt been made public.

Obviously theyve committed to making new material, but that doesnt mean it will or has to happen in 2009.

hmmm... they have all the time in their hands from now on... while they got tired of using their free senior train tickets in UK.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home