Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21
Re: Ot: BARACK OBAMA ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE USA
Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: November 5, 2008 11:43

Congratulations to Barack Obama! I think there is a real chance for a change to the better! "Yes, we can!" It´s really a historical day for the USA and the whole world!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 5, 2008 12:03

Well done Mr Obama,congrats and good luck !

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: November 5, 2008 12:10

OMG, is there no republican on IORR ??? grinning smiley

Great day for America indeed ! smileys with beer

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2008 12:24

Congratulations America - this is the best happened to you for a long time, and you did by yourself. With the most honourable, American way: by voting for a change. After horrible years of growing "anti-Americanism" thanks to the bully, neo-con, neo-liberal hawk politics of current adminastration this is also a big PR win for the US. This is one of the days when one almost gets a feeling that the things could go better, the world could be a better place.

Watching those clips from Chicago - the place where Muddy and Wolf were electrifying the music that was rooted in delta and cotton fields, by people whose ancestors were brought to America in chains... The political wings of change and black emansipation: Martin Luther King... Jesse Jackson (no sense of humor, but no one is perfect...).. Obama.

This feels "right". I'm so proud of Americans. This was the biggest act of class.

I salute with a shot of Jack Daniels!

- Doxa

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: November 5, 2008 13:35

gimme shelter on his ipod

and he still will not

LEGALIZE

whyyyyyyyyyyyy............?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 5, 2008 13:55

first mixed race president. marvelous news

breaking another taboo

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:02

andy js
first mixed race president. marvelous news

not so - haven't you seen '24' ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:09

HA---LLE---LU---JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:18

olorin
OMG, is there no republican on IORR ??? grinning smiley

Great day for America indeed ! smileys with beer

Of course there are Republicans on IORR - There is no need to be a sore loser - congratulations are due to President elect, Obama.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:22

HelterSkelter
A Great day in the history of America and the World !!!

Yes!
Congratulations, to the entire world.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:42

DaisyGrace
I honestly am just astonished that, in my lifetime, we elected a black man. I NEVER, EVER thought I would see this day!

This is so, so, so exciting.

And what a wonderful, uplifting, and hopeful speech.

Yep. Hard to believe that in the space of a couple of generations, you can go from having segregation to trusting a man with a job of that importance where his skin colour is no longer a significant factor. It's a credit to this generation of Americans that they've managed to break away from that.

Congratulations to Mr Obama. He has a very hard job on his hands on several fronts. I hope he's up to it.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:46

I have confidence in the american people again !!!haven't had it in 8 YEARS........

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:49

BV ,please shut this down ASAP.no political GARBAGE please

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 5, 2008 14:55

If you don't wanna read it don't open it. Its a historic time and let a few have their say.....

Date: November 5, 2008 15:02

Everyone's just happy - and full of hope for the future.
Can't be a bad thing!
And yes, it's not long ago that people of colour couldn't even use the same busses, restaurants, schools as white americans... The world's come a long way since the 60s.
Colour means nothing - intelligence, empathy and comittment is everything.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 5, 2008 15:08

It is a great day for African-Americans and history has been made, but I still worry about all the unanswered questions surrounding him. I fear for the future of our great country, which may not survive this.

Date: November 5, 2008 15:14

VoodooLounge13
It is a great day for African-Americans and history has been made, but I still worry about all the unanswered questions surrounding him. I fear for the future of our great country, which may not survive this.

'Survive' ? What - you mean like the US may end up in uncontrollable and pretty much irreperable civil or economic turmoil like places like Burkino Fasso, Iraq, Somalia or Zimbabwe?

Get some perspective. You dont know how lucky you are. If your country's economy is up sh*t creek, then it'll be the same (if not worse) pretty much everywhere else.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 5, 2008 15:14

Gazza
DaisyGrace
I honestly am just astonished that, in my lifetime, we elected a black man. I NEVER, EVER thought I would see this day!

This is so, so, so exciting.

And what a wonderful, uplifting, and hopeful speech.

Yep. Hard to believe that in the space of a couple of generations, you can go from having segregation to trusting a man with a job of that importance where his skin colour is no longer a significant factor. It's a credit to this generation of Americans that they've managed to break away from that.

Congratulations to Mr Obama. He has a very hard job on his hands on several fronts. I hope he's up to it.

Very, very well said Gazza. There's a long and winding road ahead for President Elect Obama. If he and our congress work together and not act like drunken sailors blowing the opportunity, things hopefully will start turning around.

CBII

Date: November 5, 2008 15:27

Gazza
VoodooLounge13

'Survive' ? What - you mean like the US may end up in uncontrollable and pretty much irreperable civil or economic turmoil like places like Burkino Fasso, Iraq, Somalia or Zimbabwe?

Get some perspective. You dont know how lucky you are. If your country's economy is up sh*t creek, then it'll be the same (if not worse) pretty much everywhere else.

Gazza,
Obama's ties to his radical paster for 20 years, the association with a known terrorist, Ayers, and with known Palenstinian supporters in his camp, not to mention the Acorn scandal, and the entire question around is he or is he not muslim, should have left more than enough doubts to keep him from being elected to lead our country, a place, where there was overwhelming evidence to put away OJ, who so obviously was guilty, but it was doubts that kept him free. And now, a generation so taken by empty rhetoric and no gameplan has thrown away doubts (and the memories of 9/11) to usher in this historic wave of change. All Christians, who believe the end is near, are living in great fear of what's ahead here.

Date: November 5, 2008 15:37

BV!
The extremists are here - so perhaps closing this thread is a good idea now...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 5, 2008 15:37

VoodooLounge13,everything you said is just the same crap Obamas detractors have been spewing for the last year which has been proven to be garbage many times over. Get over it and stop trying to spoil it for everyone that has faith that FINALLY America can get back on track. For me it gives meaning to the last thing my brother did(to cast his vote for Obama) before he passed away,I wish he could have lived to see the result. CBII, I sure would like to know your fathers thoughts considering everything he has seen in his lifetime!!

Date: November 5, 2008 15:42

VoodooLounge13
Gazza
VoodooLounge13

Gazza,
Obama's ties to his radical paster for 20 years, the association with a known terrorist, Ayers, and with known Palenstinian supporters in his camp, not to mention the Acorn scandal, and the entire question around is he or is he not muslim, should have left more than enough doubts to keep him from being elected to lead our country, a place, where there was overwhelming evidence to put away OJ, who so obviously was guilty, but it was doubts that kept him free. And now, a generation so taken by empty rhetoric and no gameplan has thrown away doubts (and the memories of 9/11) to usher in this historic wave of change. All Christians, who believe the end is near, are living in great fear of what's ahead here.

then they, and you, need their heads examined....the doubt over whether he's a muslim...for f**ks sake.

maybe you should travel and look around at the rest of the planet. Like I said, you dont know how lucky you are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 15:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 5, 2008 15:45

Indirectly, the Stones are also involved in this. They were very important in taking the Black music to the whites, and thus making the black culture mainstream. Without this music, it would probably take longer.

Date: November 5, 2008 15:46

Well said Gaz

" is he or is he not muslim"

Unbelievable!

After the last 8 years you'd think Voodoolounge would be relieved???

Date: November 5, 2008 15:50

MartinB
Indirectly, the Stones are also involved in this. They were very important in taking the Black music to the whites, and thus making the black culture mainstream. Without this music, it would probably take longer.

Mister marvin middle class is really in a stew
Wondrin what the younger generations coming to
And the taste of his martini doesnt please his bitter tongue
Blame it on the rolling stones.

Blame it on the stones; blame it on the stones
Youll feel so much better, knowing you dont stand alone
Join the accusation; save the bleeding nation
Get it off your shoulders; blame it on the stones

Mother tells the ladies at the bridge club every day
Of the rising price of tranquilizers she must pay
And she wonders why the children never seem to stay at home
Blame it on the rolling stones.

Youll feel so much better, knowing you dont stand alone
Join the accusation; save the bleeding nation

Fathers at the office, nightly working all the time
Trying to make the secretary change her little mind
And it bothers him to read about so many broken homes
Blame it on those rolling stones.

Youll feel so much better knowing you dont stand alone
Join the accusation; same the bleeding nation

Blame it on the stones, blame it on the stones.

- Kris Kristofferson

Date: November 5, 2008 15:58

ablett
Well said Gaz

" is he or is he not muslim"

Unbelievable!

After the last 8 years you'd think Voodoolounge would be relieved???

Relieved? No matter who won it was going to be an improvement from the tyrannical psycho we've had for the last 8 years.

You mark my words things are going to change in this country, and not necessarily for the better. We're already on the verge of one world bank - a currency won't be far behind.

And what's the country going to be like if he gets assassinated? Racism still exists whether or not anyone wants to admit it or talk about it, and will there be a massive uprising against whites blaming us for killing their president? Mind you, it's not just white to black racism either; it flows the other way as well. This is a huge moment for our country, in overcoming that monstrous obstacle, one that I never believed would be witnessed before a woman was President. Quite frankly I'm surprised at that fact right there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 16:02 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: November 5, 2008 16:03

VoodooLounge13...
Oh dear.. What can I say, except - you should be happy today. Your country's just elected a new president - because the majority of the people find him a good man. Thet's the thing with democracy, you know.
Forget your prejudice and give him a chance. It can't get any worse than during the last 8 years... When your country was run by a former cokain addict/alcoholic born again christian. That was not a good enough cv. Far from.

Date: November 5, 2008 16:04

BV- please save us from this thread. sad smiley

Date: November 5, 2008 16:05

Addicted
It can't get any worse than during the last 8 years... When your country was run by a former cokain addict/alcoholic born again christian

Keith Richards has been running the U.S ?? eye popping smiley

Date: November 5, 2008 16:06

"And what's the country going to be like if he gets assassinated?"

Eh, with the terrorist problems the president must be the most protected man on the planet???

And what is the problem with 'muslims'?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home