Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LK 4605 1A-1A w. tell me 2.52
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 23:16

Look here:

[cgi.ebay.it]

very strange. I never saw the 2,52 Tell me on a MADE IN ENGLAND label. I was 100%sure the label was a MADE BY DECCA RECORDING. Or the seller is wrong, or used a different pix, or I must admit that there's another label with 2,52!

Anyway, this post is not to promote this auction; on the contrary, beware!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-31 23:17 by straycat58.

Re: LK 4605 1A-1A w. tell me 2.52
Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: November 1, 2008 00:23

I don't know about the LK 4605 album but I have two versions of the LK4661 album with a "made in england" label. ( a copy with the flipbacksleeve and a copy with the paste over back cover )
So , a "made in england" label ( without the made by Decca... ) surely exists ...

Cheers,
Jimmy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-01 00:24 by vinckske.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: November 1, 2008 00:59

I have not seen the short Tell Me with this label before either. All of the ones that I have seen so far has been with Made In England By The Decca Rec Company.Nice one and sold....not to me unfortunately...

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 1, 2008 01:13

I'll let you know when it arrives - just paid for it.

This guy's offering a return policy and I paid with PayPal so it should be easy to get the money back if something's wrong...

Thomas

Date: November 1, 2008 11:20

Thanks Thomas, that would be good if you can confirm the label and numbers when you get it. And congratulation on the purchase.
When I first opened the item to check it out, it was till not sold. I then went into my archives to check and then returned some 20 sec later to get it. Well well, the item was sold...grrrr. I need to be faster on the next one only hahaha

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: November 1, 2008 13:31

mmmh! Thomas,
I wish you good luck. I've the 2,52 versions with 1A/1A and 2A/2A and miss only the 1A/2A but they're all with the MBDR logo.
Could be this seller has used a different pix. Anyway the ebay-score was ok, you should not have problems in case of returning.
Please keep us posted.

Date: November 1, 2008 13:45

Somebody was looking for this one: at the moment price is still a bargain.

[cgi.ebay.it]

Ian, this is for you:

[cgi.ebay.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-01 14:16 by straycat58.

Date: November 1, 2008 14:25

Thanks, I need to keep an eye on that one. I have not been checking Italian e-bay lately, seams as if I need to start monitoring that one again...

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: November 1, 2008 15:48

I have that Label variation, but with a 7-A matrix....hope thats not it. Good luck, Silkcut! A fab find if real, and GREAT price. I have 4 variations, but ALL have the MBDR labels.

JR

Date: November 1, 2008 17:56

I feel pretty doubtful by now, gentlemen :-) With all your knowledge it seems hard to believe that it's the right LP. On the other hand - as straycat wrote - his feedback is ok and I wonder if this guy isn't likely to be able to differ between a 1 and a (possible) 7.
He offered me some more items after I bought this one and it seems he's having a fine collection on hand.

Anyway, I'll sleep better as soon as it arrives...

If everything is ok then you'll find better scans on my new website which will be up in about 2 weeks. I'm starting off with the German singles from 1964 - 2006 including all different versions (and there are a lot) I was able to locate in the last 35 years but I will have a small UK-part as well. Hope to meet you here again and there as well!

Thomas

Date: November 2, 2008 02:18

Rather than differing 1 by 7 on the matrix, it shouldn't be a hard task to cronometer 2,52 from 4,06 mins.!
let me know as soon as your german list is ready. I still miss a few of them, expecially the promo white labels and also have some doubts about the different backcovers of the 5kopf singles.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-02 02:20 by straycat58.

Date: November 2, 2008 03:48

Looking forward to yor Stones web site. There are not that many sites around for Stones vinyls. I have for some time been working on a page of my own, mainly for UK LP's during the DECCA periode. My page is more or less a "first get to know the web" thing. I have lots of ideas how to develope it, only limit is time and web programming knowledge. But someday I will also have a nice site on the Decca UK LP's...
What I am trying to do there is to documetn all possible versions on UK made Decca LP's. The "Made In England" with 2,52 TM is not there yet. As soon as you can confirm its existance, I will update my pages. Would also be nice if you could allow me to put up a picture of it there....

My work you can find on our Stonesvikings homepage at
www.stonesvikings.com
just click on DECCA ond then you will find some info I have put together on them UK vinyls

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: November 2, 2008 10:18

Don't worry Jan - if it turns out to be true you'll get every scan you'd like to have. Your vikings president did me a big favour lately and it will be my pleasure to give my help to any of you vikings!

I'd like to put up my site within a minute but I have the stuff in office but what I can tell you so far about the 5kopf singles:

I Wanna Be Your Man: 2 different backsides - 1st: short story 2nd: long story + discography

Not Fade Away: as above, but both versions with 2 different label variations each

It's All Over Now: as above, but version 2 (long story) with 2 different label variations (not including the re-release from 1989)

Time Is On My Side: so far only with the "long" story

Little Red Rooster: I've only heard rumours about it but never saw it

I still miss a lot of the white-label promos as I sold a bunch of them about 10 years ago after my divorcee but as they turn up on Ebay every now and then I'm sure to get them back one day.

If you like send me an email to silkcut1978@inode.at and I can send you a single HTML-file with a listing of all singles I've already handled. The links included won't work but you can get an overview of what will be up in the 1st version.

Yes, and I already know your great site and it was an inspiration for me - that's for sure :-) I've started to learn HTML and Java about 2 months ago - so my limited knowledge kept me away from my ideas for years but it's never too late, isn't it ;-)

Thomas

Date: November 11, 2008 09:39

Arrived today - matrix for side 2 is 6272-3A...

I'm already trying to get my bucks back via PayPal but (LOL) I had to pay EUR 94,02 to get the record from customs. I'll never get these expenses back anyway and I guess I've learned another lesson ;-)

Thomas

btw - this guy's strange - he's also offering me (a pic and a letter came with the parcel) a copy of the UK Promotional Album for $ 1.500,- (which way to cheap by the way) - still sealed, UK DECCA, order-number RS-3006 - do I have to say more? I didn't check but in my memories it's the order-number of the Australian LP which is worth a little bit less.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-11 09:44 by silkcut1978_.

Date: November 11, 2008 12:25

very bad story silkcut.

RS 3006 is the Australian, worth 30$ max. The UK is RSM1; beware. Also the setlist is different.
This is a professional. You should report it to eBAY and try to get full reimboursement, customs duties included.

Date: November 11, 2008 12:55

Thanks straycat but I'd be happy to get back what I paid for - the customs duty is bad luck I'd say.

Also thanks for the hint about the Australian one but I have it and my "Australian LP which is worth a little bit less" was meant slightly cynical ;-)

As I'm still looking for a mony copy of the British Flowers (red label, you know) and told him so after I bought the 1st LP he wrote back "I have it" and sent me a pic of the German one (red label as well, but that's it;-).... So I don't know if he's naive or a professional but I tend to think the latter.

Now I have about 560 numbers of feedback (most of them as a buyer) on Ebay including 2 or 3 negative ones (and they were about nothing in the end) so I think IT HAD to happen for the very first time that somebody's really trying to rip me off. But 500++ good deals are worth it :-)

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: November 11, 2008 15:54

Darn, Silkcut....I was pulling for you, but too good to be true, I think. Best of luck with the reimbursement.

Best,

JR

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 11, 2008 20:05

Hey silkcut1978, I got money back from the custom in germany. I bought cd`s via ebay in the USA, they were damaged, when i opened the package at home. After a few phonecalls, I had to go to my local customoffice, they checked, if the same item is to be send back to the states, closed the package, let me go to the postoffice, the postoffice gave me papers, that I send the package, with these papers back to the custom and weeks later i got my money back. it should be possible in the States , too.Good luck!!
Excuse my english, I`m in hurry and ave no time to look in my dictionary.

Date: November 11, 2008 23:29

electricmud
Hey silkcut1978, I got money back from the custom in germany. I bought cd`s via ebay in the USA, they were damaged, when i opened the package at home. After a few phonecalls, I had to go to my local customoffice, they checked, if the same item is to be send back to the states, closed the package, let me go to the postoffice, the postoffice gave me papers, that I send the package, with these papers back to the custom and weeks later i got my money back. it should be possible in the States , too.Good luck!!
Excuse my english, I`m in hurry and ave no time to look in my dictionary.

DANKE für den Hinweis (!!) electricmud, aber ich bin eh Österreicher ;-)

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 12, 2008 01:04

That makes it easier, Silkcut1978. i went through this custom-thing a few weeks ago and yesterday it was confirmed that I get back the customfees. So if you need more information (cause its EU-custom in general) feel free to contact me.
thomas

Date: November 14, 2008 20:54

Just wanted to let you people know that I got full refund today from the seller via PayPal so the only thing left is the Austrian tax I had to pay. The seller seems to be ok in a way, honest but desperately looking for money...

silkcut

Date: November 14, 2008 22:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 20:06 by straycat58.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home