Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New supergroup !
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 26, 2008 17:01

Rock icons MICK JAGGER, DAVID BOWIE and ELTON JOHN are reportedly set to form a supergroup - to play at the London Olympics in 2012.
The Rolling Stones are slated to perform at the opening ceremony of the games - and Jagger is said to be keen to include other members of the rock aristocracy.
He wants to be joined on stage by Bowie and John, as well as Phil Collins, Sting, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour, and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page.
The concert would be trumpeted as featuring the greatest rock "supergroup" of all time.
A source tells Britain's News of the World newspaper, "Mick feels the Olympics coming to London is a huge honour - and wants to make his own gesture with the band. It's early stages but Page, Bowie, and Morrison are already involved, although no-one is quite sure yet how the show will play out in its entirety.
"The Olympics people hope to use the template of the American football Super Bowl half-time show, where an artist takes over the field on a giant stage. Having the Stones on side for a project like this is a huge deal."

Re: New supergroup !
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 26, 2008 17:06

They should do that song Lennon produced for Mick: "Too Many Cooks."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2008 17:06

Is Jagger worried about the future?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2008 17:12

Perhaps they'll sing and play We Are The World....confused smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 26, 2008 18:45

It's a good thing they're planning things for their 50th aniversary and the Olympics in London. And I have no problem with Page, Morrison and, definitely not with Bowie joining the band for that event. (Even though I think Keith has a problem with Bowie joining them..., and his opinion is far more important than mine :-) ) However, I absolutely puke at the thought of Elton John going on stage with the Stones. And I know Keith would refuse to. It's like ruining a fantastic meal by insisting on drinking old water from the flower vases in stead of having some (X-pensive) wine.
If Mick wants this to happen, he'd better play his cards right. And including Elton John would make Keith furious, I'm quite certain of this. He might be able to tolerate Bowie in a duet with Mick, but Elton John... (What on earth has Mick been smoking while on holiday in India???)

[www.contactmusic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-26 18:58 by Addicted.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2008 19:12

Let's see who of those mentioned names will make it to year 2012. So it is confirmed that The Rolling Stones will be still around then. I think the guitarist Addicted is worried about (for playing with Bowie, blonde-loving-Elton, etc.) is perhaps replaced by then (by Dave Stewart, maybe,..).drinking smiley

And "rock aristocracy".... where is Macca?

- Doxa

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 26, 2008 19:23

Hairball
Perhaps they'll sing and play We Are The World....confused smiley
Or change the lyric to "We are the money".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2008 19:34

Addicted
It's a good thing they're planning things for their 50th aniversary and the Olympics in London. And I have no problem with Page, Morrison and, definitely not with Bowie joining the band for that event. (Even though I think Keith has a problem with Bowie joining them..., and his opinion is far more important than mine :-) ) However, I absolutely puke at the thought of Elton John going on stage with the Stones. And I know Keith would refuse to. It's like ruining a fantastic meal by insisting on drinking old water from the flower vases in stead of having some (X-pensive) wine.
If Mick wants this to happen, he'd better play his cards right. And including Elton John would make Keith furious, I'm quite certain of this. He might be able to tolerate Bowie in a duet with Mick, but Elton John... (What on earth has Mick been smoking while on holiday in India???)

[www.contactmusic.com]

Anybody who takes this story at face value needs their head examined IMO.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 26, 2008 19:48

Nahhhh...none of the above.

Over there they still fancy George Michael & Robbie Williams. Maybe they could be backed by The Oasis?

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 26, 2008 21:49

I doubt Elton goes on stage with Keith.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 26, 2008 21:52

This sounds too horrible for words!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2008 22:14

A Supergroup with Elton John, Sting & Phil Collins?

For what are those cats hired???

As roadies? Bloody faggots

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: October 26, 2008 22:35

Let's see if everyone is still physically able to take the stage in 2012 before we get too concerned about feuds!

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2008 23:05

What about:

Keith - Guitars / piano / vocals
IanMcLagan - keyboards
Ronnie - Guitars / steelguitar
Michael Philip J - vocals
Charles Watts - drums and other sorts of percussion
Bobby K. - saxophone
William Perks - bass (and dancing)

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 27, 2008 00:03

Where is Paul McCartney...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 03:07

I think a lot of the time Keith's bark is worse than his bite. A lot of gimmicky advertising...his quote about Bowie was ridiculous and I doubt he really meant it, but he often says stuff just to piss people off. Regarding Elton, that one seems a little more legit, they both seemed to have been pissed at each other for a while there, but who knows???

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 27, 2008 03:36

"William Perks - bass (and dancing)"

How old by 2012? Must be in his 90's by then.....

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 27, 2008 03:41

What was the whole Elton John thing about? Was it only the guest appaernace he made in '75 and he wouldn't leave the stage or was there something else going on there?

On which album was Wyman credited as Bill Wyman - bass (and dancing)?
I love there sence of humor!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 27, 2008 08:22

Its just another tabloid story,not to be believed

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 08:54

Wuudy
What was the whole Elton John thing about? Was it only the guest appaernace he made in '75 and he wouldn't leave the stage or was there something else going on there?

On which album was Wyman credited as Bill Wyman - bass (and dancing)?
I love there sence of humor!

Oh several years ago during the Stones world tour Elton made the mistake of saying they shouldn't tour anymore, Keith looked to old and wrinkly and it has become a parody....well as you can imagine Keith didn't take kindly to that suggestion and gave the grand diva a few choice suggestions where to put his advice...this "fued" went on for a while in the press..then faded away...
I believe the album crediting Bill for Bass and Dancing was Love you Live.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: October 27, 2008 09:16

And don't forget Keith' previous 'songs for dead blondes' qoute

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: October 27, 2008 10:01

steffiestones
Rock icons MICK JAGGER, DAVID BOWIE and ELTON JOHN are reportedly set to form a supergroup - to play at the London Olympics in 2012.
The Rolling Stones are slated to perform at the opening ceremony of the games - and Jagger is said to be keen to include other members of the rock aristocracy.
He wants to be joined on stage by Bowie and John, as well as Phil Collins, Sting, Van Morrison, Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour, and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page.
The concert would be trumpeted as featuring the greatest rock "supergroup" of all time.
"

Gee, this sends a great message to the world about London. "England, where our cathedrals and monuments, and even our rock stars, have been around longer than your ancestors. England, rooted in the past, and still looking backwards!"

Or, "Hey Russia, who says we're running out of fossil fuel!"

What a joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-27 10:07 by Mister_D.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 27, 2008 10:27

Gazza
Addicted

[www.contactmusic.com]

Anybody who takes this story at face value needs their head examined IMO.

You said it !! What a load of b******s !!

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:22

"Love You Live" Bill Wyman Bass and Dancing.. "...and over there we hav Bill Wyman, who only want's to take picture of girls legs !!"

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2008 15:37

whitem8
I think a lot of the time Keith's bark is worse than his bite. A lot of gimmicky advertising...his quote about Bowie was ridiculous and I doubt he really meant it, but he often says stuff just to piss people off. Regarding Elton, that one seems a little more legit, they both seemed to have been pissed at each other for a while there, but who knows???

I have no opinion one way or the other about how much truth might be in this reported story but whitem8 is dead right. Keith has a great penchant for mischievous ranting...which folks too often take seriously.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-28 18:22 by Spud.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 15:58

The real supergoup is Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Bobby Keys, Lisa Fischer, Bernard Fowler, Blondie Chaplin, Tim Ries, Michael Davis, Kent Smith and Chuck Leavell.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 27, 2008 19:54

carlostones10, you got it right except for chuck leavell,replace with ian mcclagen

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 27, 2008 20:13

Mick may have a different supergroup in the works.

On October 10th, I ran into Dave Stewart at the Sheryl Crow concert at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. I asked him how the recording sessions were going with Mick and if they were for a Jagger solo album. He told me that it was Mick, 2 other guys and himself that were recording for a possible Travelling Wilburys type group. He himself used Travelling Wilburys to describe it. I didn't press him on who the 2 other guys were.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:35

i think the other two were billy preston and nicky hopkins

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 28, 2008 07:31

chelskeith
I doubt Elton goes on stage with Keith.

If EJ could join M&M, He'd play with Keith.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home