Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Oasis again sorry
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:42

Aparently Oasis have sold 500.00 tickets for shows in UK next year.
Now I can take or leave them myself , never want to buy any tickets but some of their stuff has an anthemic charm.
When their shows were anounced last week I thought they would struggle to sell 2 dates in Manchester next summer in Heaton Park what with the credit crunch and all, but apparently they have added a third plus another Wembley.
I watched them on BBC's Electric Proms from The Roundhouse last night hoping they were going to do We Love You to see what they would make of it with the Choir, but they did not play it on the television broadcast, it was also on the radio I was told this afternoon , but the guy said he had only listened to a small section, and thought they sounded distant.
I thought that it all sounded the same and Liam's voice was not as powerfull as it once was.
They must have something going for them though to sell that many tickets in such a short time spell.

Re: OT Oasis again sorry
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:45

Think it's about time the Stones show up somewhere

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 29, 2008 11:19

Having read numerous threads about the effect of the "credit crunch" on ticket sales, I think it's being over egged. I don't doubt that it has an impact...but whether it has a make or break impact on the viability of a band touring is very debatable.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 29, 2008 11:26

i think people want a bit of escapism (sic) and enjoyment in these
difficult times.

Oasis, and they're songs about British working class struggle
(Rock & Roll Star, Cigarettes & Alcohol etc, etc) fit the bill.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 29, 2008 13:25

They didn't play We Love You.

I watched the show ion the IPlayer and the show seemed like the complete performance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home