Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and The Who legends teach rock to middle-aged fathers
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 26, 2008 02:54

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Re: Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and The Who legends teach rock to middle-aged fathers
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 26, 2008 07:57

His master's voice: Roger Daltrey of The Who, Nick Mason from Pink Floyd
and Bill Wyman from Led Zeppelin

Gee, I never new Bill was with Led Zeppelin

Re: Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and The Who legends teach rock to middle-aged fathers
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:06

BluzDude
His master's voice: Roger Daltrey of The Who, Nick Mason from Pink Floyd
and Bill Wyman from Led Zeppelin

Gee, I never new Bill was with Led Zeppelin

So do the Stones have John Paul ...?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:48

I think Bill doesn't mind... He's been a big Led Zeppelin fan, and I remember him being quite frank about it that Zeppelin was better band than Mick and Keith's 70's band.

- Doxa

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:46

Doxa
I think Bill doesn't mind... He's been a big Led Zeppelin fan, and I remember him being quite frank about it that Zeppelin was better band than Mick and Keith's 70's band.

- Doxa

I think he said bigger not better

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2008 13:47

Ket
Doxa

- Doxa

I think he said bigger not better

Yeah, could be. But in the end, taking the nature of their game, is there really difference between 'better' or 'bigger'...

But I remember reading - from STONE ALONE I think - how fascinated he was of Led Zeppelin,straight from the beginning and he wanted them to play in ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS, but Mick and Keith wanted to have Jethro Tull - the band that was not so much stylishly a competitor - instead (the idea was taking a representative of the new fresh names to fill that space in the bill). I think in that book Bill very much wants to say that Zeppelin was the kind of band to lead the scene in the end of sixties (he heard them in studio making their first album or something, and recognized the direction of the rock wold immediately - correct me if I'm wrong), and that includes the time the Stones supposed to their peak albums, etc. I have the impression that Bill's true Stones is the Brian Jones era band where all of them contributed (that is to say: Bill too), and conquered the world and the hearts (and more) of millions of teenager girls. He seems to be more like an employee in Mick and Keith's band from 1968 on, and not much keen on band's musical output anymore. For example, he was thinking of leaving the band from the early 70's on.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-26 13:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: October 26, 2008 14:10

just when they took his jjf riff >grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home