Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do you think they miss each other yet?
Date: October 23, 2008 09:06

Aside from the next tour hopes...

Do you think Keef is missing his mates and is ready to hit the road again with his arthritis, booze, head injuries et al?

Do ya think he came up with some new numbers and can't wait to get with Mick to make them come alive?

Is Mick getting antsy to hit the road and rule the stage again?

Is Charlie perhaps bored with his daily existence of enjoying his grande fortune in peaceful bliss?

Does Ronnie want to hit the road and be Ronnie with the Stones again soon?

Ya think they all miss each other enough yet to fire up the ol' engine and see all their world-wide friends soon?

Hope so!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Do you think they miss each other yet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2008 11:35

Difficult. ..
There is more between staying at home and touring with the Stones.

I think Keith misses it most.

Without Jagger taking care of business it's over anyway.

Charlie I don't know,he probably has more influence than we know.

Ron Wood:the Stones won't ask him,if he is on the booze they just take another
guitarplayer.

Time is running out.

I may be totally wrong!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 23, 2008 13:02

Amsterdamned
Difficult. ..
There is more between staying at home and touring with the Stones.

I think Keith misses it most.

Without Jagger taking care of business it's over anyway.

Charlie I don't know,he probably has more influence than we know.

Ron Wood:the Stones won't ask him,if he is on the booze they just take another
guitarplayer.

Time is running out.

I may be totally wrong!

Yes your totally wrong

Date: October 23, 2008 14:00

What's your opinion then?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 23, 2008 14:09

Amsterdamned
What's your opinion then?

I can't see them playing without Ronnie, he is part of the institution, big time. I think they all love playing and do miss it but they know that they can't play year in year out to full stadiums, the masses wouldn't come to see them if they did. So they tour then wait a bit and tour again, it keeps the audience wanting more. I think they'll go on the road next year.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: October 23, 2008 14:36

I don't think that Keith misses the road a lot. Those times are over. He's happy staying at home and having a quite life.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: October 23, 2008 14:52

Just a guess, but I don't think they miss each other a lot. Plus, they can meet whoever they want whenever they want, as they have all the time and money in the world to take a plane to wherever...

Date: October 23, 2008 14:56

I respect you being a fan of Ron Wood,but you overestimate his stardom and musical contribution with the Stones I think..He's a part of the show,but there are lots of guitarplayers that both can make a show and play the guitar ,and they are more reliable musically spoken..think of Nils Lofgren,Jeff Beck,etc etc...
But Ron wood will be their first choice.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 23, 2008 15:06

The only thing Ronnie has been missing during the last few months has been a few of his marbles...

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: October 23, 2008 15:13

I think they are done. Watch Shine a Light... it sounds terrible. They can't play guitar anymore.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 23, 2008 15:14

I doubt they miss each other that much - at least, not in the "chummy" sense. They may miss playing together though. I can understand that.

Gazza is right. Ronnie's marbles have been missing for a while now. To be preoccupied with booze, young Russian girls and miniature dogs, isn't quite right for a 60-something.

Date: October 23, 2008 15:56

I think they are done. Watch Shine a Light... it sounds terrible. They can't play guitar anymore. -Loudei-

How come? Andres Segovia played "Concerto d'Aranjuez" whe he was 88, very well,
and a bit more diffucult than "Satisfaction". Are they lazy,don't they like guitarplaying anymore?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:22

I doubt they miss one another. Possibly the income and attention. I suspect they are indeed planning an album and another tour, even if only a small-scale one. I would not be surprised to find Ronnie absent from both. I don't honestly believe his departure (if it happens) would phase them as it would be a business decision. They are not really a true band any more and haven't been for a very long time. They are superstars who come together periodically to generate product and tour their hits. There is an incredible demand for them worldwide and they make a very nice living keeping the legend alive, but they are no longer truly a band that needs to work together and socialize together to continue to define themselves.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:34

They will not just take another guitar player. C'mon now.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:35

I don't agree that they sounded "terrible" in SAL. But it did show that the end of the Stones will happen sometime. It was depressing to see the arthritis in Keith's hands; the close-ups on the vast cinema screen showed it in unforgiving detail. I am sure he is doing all that he can to keep it at bay but the chance of him playing at 88 must be small

Amsterdamned
I think they are done. Watch Shine a Light... it sounds terrible. They can't play guitar anymore. -Loudei-

How come? Andres Segovia played "Concerto d'Aranjuez" whe he was 88, very well,
and a bit more diffucult than "Satisfaction". Are they lazy,don't they like guitarplaying anymore?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:37

Stargroves
I am sure he is doing all that he can to keep it at bay but the chance of him playing at 88 must be small

excuse the black humor here, but the chance of him breathing at 88 is pretty narrow....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:40

I cannot imagine that they are missing each other. I do not know if there will be a new tour, but the actuall financial crises does not make it probable, at least not in the near future.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:50

Amsterdamned

i disagree. Blondie is fantastic on SAL.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:52

Keefs pretty washed up these days and totally out of shape.I think most fans know his glory days are well over.Who wants to pay mega bucks for a guy who is a formar shadow of himeslf.Its best to remember him as he was,not some bloated embarassment who cant remember chords to songs he wrote.I dont buy into "I'm Keith Richards I walk on stage and I want paying regardless of my performance shite".His recent performances have been pathetic to say the least.The man who was once the coolest geezer on the planet has turned into a sad and pathetic character.Sorry to say it.At least Mick and Charlie are still at their peak,and it looks like Ronnie is back to his best after what I saw with St Jude.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 23, 2008 17:52

C'mon...they won't take Ronnie because of Boozing and leaving his wife...they've overcome a far lot worse and always kept it rolling.

Looking forward to seeing Ronnie on Stage at THe Silver Dome in Detroit on August 28, 2009.

PECMAN

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 23, 2008 18:00

Maybe his days of boozing are over.This Russian chick appears to be doing him some good.Its pretty obvious he wasn't happy in the marital home.And judging from his recent live performance he is looking rejuvenated!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 23, 2008 18:01

I don't personaly think the world financial crisis makes one dot either way on when and wether they tour.
It might harm record sales though.
The Universal deal must have some "new product" tied in to it, which would suggest concerts- but may be on a smaller scale.
The sort of venues that Dylan performs in, as an example?
RS Ltd is an extended family (or organisation)- they get together from time to time, have the occasional falling outs and don't live in each others pockets.
They have grown up (well-some more than others).

Date: October 23, 2008 18:06

Adrian-L
Amsterdamned

i disagree. Blondie is fantastic on SAL.

I dind't write that,Loudei did!!

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: October 23, 2008 18:31

do you miss your colleagues outside work? well, I don't.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 23, 2008 18:32

No.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 23, 2008 18:48

Big Al
I doubt they miss each other that much - at least, not in the "chummy" sense. They may miss playing together though. I can understand that.

Gazza is right. Ronnie's marbles have been missing for a while now. To be preoccupied with booze, young Russian girls and miniature dogs, isn't quite right for a 60-something.

It could be worse. He might get so boozed up that he gets proccupied with miniature girls and young Russian dogs instead.

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: October 23, 2008 19:22

I think Mick misses it BADLY. He loves being the center of attention and that's exactly what he is when he's on tour. And he loves the music, and he likes being busy I think..

And Ronnie is apparently missing it because considering all the weird stuff he's been doing, he must be bored to death.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: terry ()
Date: October 23, 2008 20:04

At this stage in there career, i like to see them concentrate on recording new songs, and put the big tours on hold.I wish there just drop the hype, and get loads of new songs out there.They can always do a few dozen shows to promote new material.We dont need another greatest hits tour, weve had that since 89.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 23, 2008 23:06

NumberOneStonesFan
Aside from the next tour hopes...

Do you think Keef is missing his mates and is ready to hit the road again with his arthritis, booze, head injuries et al?

Do ya think he came up with some new numbers and can't wait to get with Mick to make them come alive?

Is Mick getting antsy to hit the road and rule the stage again?

Is Charlie perhaps bored with his daily existence of enjoying his grande fortune in peaceful bliss?

Does Ronnie want to hit the road and be Ronnie with the Stones again soon?

Ya think they all miss each other enough yet to fire up the ol' engine and see all their world-wide friends soon?

Hope so!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

If we were to answer all these questions here on the board, we'd have to write fan fiction. And I refuse to do that ;-)

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 23:34

My guess is that the phonecall from Mick to Keith already
have happened. It's just a matter of time before we will know
what will happen next.

Think this is the calm before the storm!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home