Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - "black ice"
Posted by: arturo ()
Date: October 20, 2008 17:56

despite being advertised as being available on monday oct 20th - stopped in first thing this morning - and "nothing on the shelves" oh how i love - walmart -- they suck !

Re: OT - "black ice"
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 20, 2008 18:01

No problem for me, in France it's available smiling smiley

I tried to purchase it on Sat.
The CDs were already there, but no way buying 1 before today.
I'm sure they'll hit #1 in the french charts this week

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: yap is not dead ()
Date: October 20, 2008 18:32

Tonight at midnight it hits the shelves. I work at the Hellhole.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 20, 2008 18:46

It comes out on the 21st - which is a Tuesday. Don't know why they keep saying the 20th. Records don't come out on Mondays.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 20, 2008 21:00

this one is out TODAY Monday - NOT Tuesday. Don't know why, but I have it and it's AWESOME!!!!

Picked up No Bull for $10 while I was there too - thought about the Donnington DVD, but there was nothing on it that isn't on the live 2 disc CD so I skipped it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 21:02 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 20, 2008 21:04

Apparently, Wal Mart can make up their rules. It seems to be out TODAY. The countdown to the CD release is now at 00:00:00:00 and a graphic saying BLACK ICE NOW AVAILALBE

[soundcheck.walmart.com]

The WalMart near me is inconveniently far away.

Date: October 20, 2008 21:09

It is definitely out today, as all the commercials indicate - they have HUGE displays with the 3 different versions of the album on it. Be sure to get the Blue lettered AC/DC one, as this is the limited edition, deluxe version w/ 30 page booklet, lyrics, and exclusive photos. The Red lettered one is the standard version, and the White and Yellow lettered ones are the limited editions.

Date: October 20, 2008 23:55

What now, the new DVD? From the Ballbreaker tour or whatever, that tour? At Wal-Mart? For TEN BUCKS!? Might have to take a trip. The one with blue lettering. Got it. Hey - if you're gonna get it, might as well get the best one.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: October 21, 2008 00:17

So the blue one is a exclusive one??... The guy in my local record store said they all were the same. I got the red one myself. smiling smiley

Date: October 21, 2008 00:22

yeah, the blue one is the exclusive (with booklet and pics etc) ...the red one is the standard as is the white and yellow...they are just in "Bonus" colors. Nothing special in those.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 21, 2008 00:56

Rocking to it this moment
Fking amazing album!!
smileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 21, 2008 01:14

well its out here. @#$%& LOVING IT

Date: October 21, 2008 03:31

Can also listen to it at their site AC/DC 101.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:58

Pre=ordered by mail order---- but my "official copy" did not arrive today.

Date: October 21, 2008 04:04

I guess when you order by mail you have to wait for it to come out from the record label. Unless you order it from Wal-Mart. I dunno if it makes a difference if you order it 3 months ahead or 1 month ahead. I've never "pre" ordered anything.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: October 21, 2008 07:02

I love this album on more and more listens. At first listening on Rock 'N' Roll Dream, I was like what is this, now I love it!

Date: October 21, 2008 07:17

Got the special edition plus 4 others I was missing. Plus the two live DVDs. Everything is so cheap.

Date: October 21, 2008 08:54

Justin
Apparently, Wal Mart can make up their rules. It seems to be out TODAY. The countdown to the CD release is now at 00:00:00:00 and a graphic saying BLACK ICE NOW AVAILALBE

[soundcheck.walmart.com]

what in gods name are you talking about? metallica had an album release on a friday, guns n roses is releasing their new album on a sunday, eminem had a few albums released on a thursday. odd release days are nothing out of the ordinary and wal mart isn't "making" their own rules

Date: October 21, 2008 09:01

keefriffhard4life
Justin

[soundcheck.walmart.com]

what in gods name are you talking about? metallica had an album release on a friday, guns n roses is releasing their new album on a sunday, eminem had a few albums released on a thursday. odd release days are nothing out of the ordinary and wal mart isn't "making" their own rules

Calm the F#ck down

Date: October 21, 2008 14:59

It's a great CD. I, too, must admit that the first time thru after track 5 I thought there were some filler songs, but having listened to it a few more times, it really kicks @ss!! And the best part? The blue edition was supposed to be $13.88, but it rang up at my walmart for $11.88 - the same price as the other editions!! Woo-hoo!!!

And the stickers on the Yellow and White say limited edition along with the walmart circular - I wonder if the Red version is the version that will be available elsewhere if the exclusivity runs out.....

In either event, I'm glad I got the deluxe limited edition Blue cover - I must say I'm rather impressed with the quality of this one vs. the paper case for the Eagles walmart exclusive. The little hard bound book is great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-21 15:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: arturo ()
Date: October 21, 2008 16:21

finally, tues morning , purchased "black ice" love it love it love it - reminds me of a band that used to be 2 guitars - bass - drums & vocals.! hint hint.

Date: October 21, 2008 17:13

I'm gonna get the regular edition so I don't mess up the special edition. It is pretty nice. Great packaging.

ALL of their albums are $7! There's no excuse not to get them! I finally got For Those About To Rock and Flick Of The Switch plus 74 Jailbreak - their first studio recordings plus a leftover from the Dirty Deeds sessions as well as Ballbreaker.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: October 22, 2008 00:52

Sod Guns N Roses!

I can remember back to the days when the Stones would use black ice on stage during Midnight Rambler.

...very atmospheric.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home