Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Way too much OT!
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:30

Would it be an idea too have an own section for the Off Topic posts? Starting to lose interest in this forum because I have to navigate between lots of off topics that I'm not interested in! If I've not been logged in for a couple of days, there are 3-4 pages to go through to find "the latest news". I know that there isn't much action in the Stones-camp these days, but still...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Re: OT: Way too much OT!
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:43

Already discussed in a separate thread.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:46

But audun-eg does have a point. 13 OT threads on page 1. That is too much

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:50

What is the big deal? There is no tour...there are no new set lists, new pictures, new music, new bootlegs, new videos or new news to talk about. What can we expect? When the tour starts up again...the number of OT's will go down drastically.

Date: October 18, 2008 23:51

Baboon: Sorry about that. Didn't find it in the jungle! winking smiley

Rolling Hansie: That's 13 ONLY counting those with OT in the heading....

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:51

If we did have a separate OT thread nobody would be here,... because there is nothing to discuss about the stones on this moment 8 out of 10 stones topics we already discussed

Date: October 19, 2008 00:12

Justin
What is the big deal? There is no tour...there are no new set lists, new pictures, new music, new bootlegs, new videos or new news to talk about. What can we expect? When the tour starts up again...the number of OT's will go down drastically.

Now and then some Stones-related topics do occur, but I can't always find them in this mess. If there was a dedicated section for off-topics you would still be able to read/post off topics. I sometimes read them myself, but 95% of them are really not interesting to me. Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 19, 2008 00:14

i only read the OT topics - keep 'em coming, folks

Date: October 19, 2008 00:14

NICOS
If we did have a separate OT thread nobody would be here,... because there is nothing to discuss about the stones on this moment 8 out of 10 stones topics we already discussed
There's always something to discuss. We get new members all the time, and I know a lot of you "old" forumites don't mind discussing things again.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 19, 2008 01:38

Oeps......old!!!

Date: October 19, 2008 19:56

NICOS
Oeps......old!!!

He he. By "old" I meant those of you have been for years. Not necessarily of age winking smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 19, 2008 20:04

we must have something to get us thru to the next tour

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 19, 2008 20:09

audun-eg
Would it be an idea too have an own section for the Off Topic posts? Starting to lose interest in this forum because I have to navigate between lots of off topics that I'm not interested in! If I've not been logged in for a couple of days, there are 3-4 pages to go through to find "the latest news". I know that there isn't much action in the Stones-camp these days, but still...

discussed at least 10 times, bv always said no. I can't see him change his opinion, but I agree it would be a great thing.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 19, 2008 20:18

It's full of Ot's because the stones ain't got nothing to show no one these days.
People post about other stuff because this is one of the most viewed websites by rocknroll fans , so it's good to put those here because here they'll get lots of answers.

Date: October 19, 2008 20:22

As I've said before: You can still read and post topics in a OT-section, and it would be much tidier an easier to navigate, but I see now that it won't happen...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 19, 2008 21:46

Totally agree! Way to many OTs, and most of them are so uninterresting.
This is a Rolling Stones site, the European Rolling Stones Fan Club site. If someone from elsewhere would like to discuss other topics than The Rolling Stones, there must be better sites than this one.
I'm sure they'd get "lots of answers" there, too.
And this site is, from time to time, more interresting for people who want to go on holiday... Looks like some of the posts were written by people who work in the tourist industry.
It's not BV's duty to provide an OT site. It's our responsability to keep this a Rolling Stones site. If people have a problem with that, I really don't understand why they log on here.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 20, 2008 00:57

So start your own Stones related thread instead of complaining about all the OT's. Nothing stopping you.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 01:04 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:02

Addicted
there must be better sites than this one.

No, there are no other sites better than this to discuss rock & roll, even non-stones content.

Date: October 20, 2008 21:20

sweetcharmedlife
So start your own Stones related thread instead of complaining about all the OT's. Nothing stopping you.

You don't sayeye popping smiley
I seldom start threads, but I'm very interested reading about Stones and Stonesrelated stuff. Sorry about stepping on your toe...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: October 20, 2008 21:23

Well this is our 'Rolling Stones Clubhouse'.....

Having a few beers, smoking a few joints....

Talking / discussing any kind of subject

Yeah....I like it

Date: October 20, 2008 23:08

audun-eg
sweetcharmedlife

I seldom start threads, but I'm very interested reading about Stones and Stonesrelated stuff. Sorry about stepping on your toe...

Your not stepping on my toe. All I meant is,that it's easier to say talk about only stones, then it is to actually think of something new about the stones to talk about.

Date: October 20, 2008 23:19

sweetcharmedlife
audun-eg
sweetcharmedlife

Your not stepping on my toe. All I meant is,that it's easier to say talk about only stones, then it is to actually think of something new about the stones to talk about.

I can see that, but I was only suggesting a seperate OT section that would make it easier to navigate. As it is now, it's hard to find the few new stones threads beacuse of all the OTs. And especially when a lot of them don't even have OT written in the heading. OTs are fine, but as it is now, the board is a bit messy imo.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 21, 2008 03:49

I'm with Justin and those who agree. No tour, no new album, and no other news out of Stones' camp. You can only re-hash the same topics over and over so many times.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 21, 2008 04:03

Fu*cking A - you make it sound like navigating through the O/T threads is as bad as being underwater and running out of air and not being able to get above water. It's a website, not a building on fire. You are one lazy sonofabitch! Start a Stones thread - come up with something to talk about - anything. The mix and why do the guitars disappear in the middle of She's So Cold. Why did they edit Everything Is Turning To Gold so bad? Why didn't they include Criss Cross and Through The Lonely Nights on Goats Head Soup instead of putting whatever....

Date: October 21, 2008 04:23

Well audun-eg, I did it - I got up to 13 or so Stones threads before someone got on an O/T thread and busted up my string. Hope that keeps the faith going for ya audun-eg.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 21, 2008 04:34

Here's a thread which weighs twice-trice as much as all the OT-threads... [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 21, 2008 15:20

Actually, one of the things I like about our OTs is that they're all from Stones fans so there's usually something of interest. Since there's no Stones news now what else is there to talk about? Yesterday, for instance, I wanted to find out whether it was worth seeing Stephen Stills, who was playing in London. On the recommendationms of a few IORRs I went and saw an amazing gig. Use the forum to your advantage I say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-21 17:37 by Silver Dagger.

Date: October 21, 2008 17:10

Exactly. So what if there are some AC/DC threads. Not all Stones fans are AC/DC fans but some are. So is Keith. And so on. It could be worse - for instance, someone could have a Justin Timberlake thread. But why not talk about other music? The Rolling Stones exist because of other music. If it wasn't for the Stones I wouldn't have the music collection I have.

There's always something to talk about with The Rolling Stones. A passage in a song that you never noticed until now. Why is it edited so bad etc...what a dumb video or why not a better cover.

Date: October 21, 2008 17:29

Well maybe not too many OT threads. But a few too many ACDC threads. Do we need a new thread every time a new show goes on sale?eye rolling smiley....I mean I like ACDC,I'm going to the show. But this place is becoming the ACDC fan club.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 21, 2008 19:18

sweetcharmedlife
Well maybe not too many OT threads. But a few too many ACDC threads. Do we need a new thread every time a new show goes on sale?eye rolling smiley....I mean I like ACDC,I'm going to the show. But this place is becoming the ACDC fan club.

Oh I get it, as long as you worship at the Springsteen altar then it's fine. Talk about your double standards.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home