Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Evening gown
Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: January 1, 2009 18:56

pgarof
I have to agree, I think if these tracks had been written by both Keith AND Mick they may have sounded even better.

Right, but If these tracks had been written by both Keith & Mick, they wouldn't be these tracks anymore.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 1, 2009 19:02

look, a Stones show nowadays is NOT about music per se anymore. its all about pleasing their well-paying audiences, to keep them happy so that they will come back next time. if even a Stones country tune like Dead Flowers ( a "fans favourite, so to speak) only ever gets played every two years or so, why should they consider to dig out an even more obscure number like Evening Gown which more than 90% of their current audiences dont even know?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 1, 2009 20:53

I have always loved that one: A beautiful song from a great album.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 1, 2009 21:09

Wandering Spirit is a great record.Mick around that time rehearsed with The Red Devils which probably had some positive repercutions although none of the stuff he did with the Red Devils appears on Wandering Spirit. There is a great bootleg"Nature of the game" with the Red Devils sessions. IF you like the Blues you'll enjoy those recordings. Rick Rubin should be mentioned too as he was the producer of Wandering Spirit.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 1, 2009 22:21

jamesfdouglas - I really like Voodoo Lounge though it could have been better had some of the solo material been saved.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: January 2, 2009 02:23

The best Jagger song,Stones or solo,in the last 20 years in my opinion

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home