Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Bands with Zero Stage Presence (Oasis content)
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 18, 2008 00:47

Svartmer wrote:

It would be fun to hear your reactions if the Stones would play their great songs with different chords and tempo. Maybe they will, unintentional, the next tourwinking smiley

They already did.....winking smiley Keith went avantgarde with some chords last tour...especially Beast Of Burden at the O2...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-18 00:54 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 18, 2008 01:40

Van....I guess he doesn't count because he's a person, not a band

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2008 06:00

BluzDude

For a guy with 'no stage presence', he absolutely blew everyone else off the stage at The Last Waltz

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 18, 2008 06:14

shadooby
Bruce Springsteen

The thread is about bands with zero stage presence. Not poster's with zero intelligence....For my two cents,I have to say Dylan.I admit I have never seen him live and I have all the respect in the world for the music he has produced over the years and his contributions to popular music in general. But live,I just don't see how he is exciting or interesting.Espicially these days. I have heard a couple of boots from the current tour. Man,how do you get past that awful,groaning voice. Plus he doesn't even play guitar anymore. Just my humble...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: October 18, 2008 06:39

sweetcharmedlife
shadooby
Bruce Springsteen

The thread is about bands with zero stage presence. Not poster's with zero intelligence....For my two cents,I have to say Dylan.I admit I have never seen him live and I have all the respect in the world for the music he has produced over the years and his contributions to popular music in general. But live,I just don't see how he is exciting or interesting.Espicially these days. I have heard a couple of boots from the current tour. Man,how do you get past that awful,groaning voice. Plus he doesn't even play guitar anymore. Just my humble...
You know what Charmed i thought the same way i hated Dylan,on record except the very few. When i saw him with Tom Petty and the heartbreakers in 85 i believe,at the LA Forum, he blew me away and blew Petty off the stage including his lead guitar player i can't think of his name right now but you know who. One other thing i went to a few gig's with Dylan and the Dead i think 86 , i know Gazza would know those dates but, Dylan made those show's all the better!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: October 18, 2008 17:30

tom petty-just saw him and he seemed bored

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: October 18, 2008 19:12

Even though Dylan doesn't look at the audience while performing, he's absolutely got stage presence. I've seen him about 30 times, and find his performances to be riveting, though not for everyone.

By his constant reworking of song arrangements and vocal melodies, he's not just singing his songs. Anyone can phone in that sort of performance. His approach takes more concentration because he treats everything as a work in progress which he constantly changes on the fly.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 18, 2008 19:20

true, but Dylan is also adapting to the fact he is getting older. A lot of these reinventions are forced upon him

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 18, 2008 20:15

Dylan has long said in interviews that he feels it's pointless to say "Hello, Cleveland." Etc.

The connection that he builds with his audience is based precisely on the fact that he does rearrange the songs so intriguingly. And I agree with the earlier post that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. As an audience member, you have to be engaged with the show to appreciate it. If you go to the show to talk on the cell phone or to your neighbor the whole time, you won't know what they hell happened!

Check out Tell Tale Signs: Bootleg Series Volume 8 to hear some fantastic late-era songs in different forms.

Date: October 18, 2008 20:55

I saw the Seattle arvo show in Feb. '75 of Bob Dylan/The Band. Whilst he didn't really acknowledge the audience, everybody played w/intensity and focus.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 18, 2008 21:01

Went to see Steve Winwood yesterday.
He has no real charisma. He never was a showman.

But an excellent gig (as always) . No doubt about it. An excellent musician.

Date: October 18, 2008 23:43

sweetcharmedlife
shadooby
Bruce Springsteen

Ah jus' like good old sweetcharmedlife to not miss a chance to get personal at somebody over an opinion they don't agree with. BTW Springsteen sucks!

Anyway back to the topic: The Fixx, saw them back in the day and almost fell asleep.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-18 23:54 by knockyourteethout.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: October 18, 2008 23:52

stonesfrk
sweetcharmedlife
shadooby
Bruce Springsteen

You know what Charmed i thought the same way i hated Dylan,on record except the very few. When i saw him with Tom Petty and the heartbreakers in 85 i believe,at the LA Forum, he blew me away and blew Petty off the stage including his lead guitar player i can't think of his name right now but you know who. One other thing i went to a few gig's with Dylan and the Dead i think 86 , i know Gazza would know those dates but, Dylan made those show's all the better!
Mike Campbell is Petty's lead guitar player i was looking for. I am not kidding Dylan was playing a Strat that night and took the show over unbelievable,electric guitar playing.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 19, 2008 00:37

Gazza
BluzDude

For a guy with 'no stage presence', he absolutely blew everyone else off the stage at The Last Waltz

yup...that was...about 30 years ago, Sorry, I was keeping it in the present.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 19, 2008 00:57

Spectrum

ROCKMAN

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: October 19, 2008 02:24

Dyan is an incredible BORE

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 19, 2008 02:34

Dyan is an incredible BORE

That's what Cary Grant probably said about her to.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 22, 2008 14:27

Oasis plan to rope in a 50-piece choir to cover a song by The Rolling Stones at BBC Electric Proms this weekend.

The Manchester rockers headline the Camden Roundhouse on Sunday (October 26) for the third year of the London-wide celebrations.

Traditionally rock bands have hooked up with classical musicians for the shows. And Noel Gallagher has revealed that the band are planning to cover the Stones' classic 'We Love You' with the Crouch End Festival Chorus.

The guitarist told BBC 6Music that the plans sprang from aborted sessions for new album 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

"Out of all the songs on the album, there's two that didn't make it that have got a 50 piece choir," he said. "The original idea for this album was to record it with this choir in Abbey Road and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

"When we got offered the Proms, we called them up and said, 'I know we let you down last time but do you fancy getting up and doing a few tunes?' I think they're going to sing on a third of the set and we're hoping to do 'We Love You'."

Gallagher did not reveal whether the abandoned album tracks will get an airing at the show.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 22, 2008 15:15

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing Adrian

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 22, 2008 21:55

Adrian, good to know there is another Aimee Mann fan on here, i'm gonna be at the Indigo on Friday too.

SonicD

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home