Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Best Buy Idiots
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:26

Today I went into best buy to pick up the new Sex Pistols dvd that came out today here in the states and the new Indy movie, I asked the store clerk for the Sex Pistols dvd and he had no clue who they were, and tried to tell me its an internet only product, so I ended up going to the local record store and wow, there it was for 12.99, thanks best buy, you saved me money!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-15 04:27 by CrazyDadda.

Re: OT-Best Buy Idiots
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:35

Wonder how long it takes for a certain H. Skelter
to comment on this one.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:56

If it ain't Justin Timberlake or Rhianna....Best Buy people know nothing. If ever I can't find something and hope maybe it's still in the storage area, I go ask someone for help and I usually speak verrrrrry slowly and clearly:

"I am looking for a CD by the band The Rolling Stones. The name of the CD is....Shine A Light."

I never assume they know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:24

It's really sickening how Best Buy is just ramming their store down every communities throats. In my neigborhood they just closed down a CompUSA store and in it's place are putting in a Best Buy. Even though their is already another one 10 mins. away. And yes when you go in there they don't know dick about anything.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:41

Have had the same problem numerous times. They run to their little terminal...punch in the wrong info and say it's online only. They are more concerned with selling high end products like computers and HD TV's than music. Go to a real music store and pay a couple bucks more and support the non corporate entities!!!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:05

I HATE BEST BUY!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:44

their prices on cameras -- still and audio -- are quite overpriced

now, what is on this Pistols DVD??

ANd has the final SF Winterland show 1978 every been released on DVD yet?

p

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 15, 2008 07:08

First of all, if you want a CD or DVD, I'd never go to Best Buy,
go to a record/DVD store (unless it's some sort of deal they have going).
If you want a computer or a TV, go to Best Buy.
I wouldn't blame the store just 'cause of a few inept employees.
That happens everywhere. Years ago, I bought a lot of records at JC Penny
(when they sold LPs). I asked for Magical Mystery Tour and was asked
"Is that a Disney record?" I never walked out saying "Damn, JC Penny!
They have no idea what they're doing!"
Did you you ask to see the manager? Did you look around yourself?
Mind you, most twentysomethings don't even know who the Sex Pistols are
(sad as that may seem).
IN the long run...see my first sentance.

Date: October 15, 2008 09:00

Any punk bands out there today, with a similar sound of the Sex Pistols?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:25

There will never be, Dadda.
But my kinda stepson used to be in a (recently ended) punk band called
Rancorous, they called themselves streetcoreband.. Not too far away...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-15 16:27 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 15, 2008 14:45

<<now, what is on this Pistols DVD??>>

Their Brixton Academy shows from last year has just been released on Rhino. It also includes some footage shot by Julian Temple.

[www.rhino.com]

Date: October 15, 2008 17:29

tomk
First of all, if you want a CD or DVD, I'd never go to Best Buy,
go to a record/DVD store (unless it's some sort of deal they have going).
If you want a computer or a TV, go to Best Buy.
I wouldn't blame the store just 'cause of a few inept employees.
That happens everywhere.IN the long run...see my first sentance.

The exact opposite is true.Best Buy's prices on CD's and DVD's are very competitive.If you buy a television from Best Buy,you are wasting money and over-paying by quite a bit,barring a huge discount.

Here is some proof :

Panasonic TH-58PZ800U HDTV from Best Buy = $3,699.99 plus sales tax : [www.bestbuy.com]

The same exact Panasonic TH-58PZ800U from Abe's of Maine = $2,842.18 with free shipping and a free $150 wall mount kit = You avoid wasting $857.81 plus tax. : [www.abesofmaine.com]

This is not an isolated example,either.It's pretty much an average Best Buy mark-up.

As far as the staff goes,these are mainly students who are working part time for a little bit of spending cash @ $7.00 per hour.They have more important things to study than the history of the Sex Pistols and they surely don't own every product sold in these stores to be able to have first hand knowledge of it.They're not going to take classes on A/V receivers,professional cameras or definitely not bands of musicians from decades ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-15 17:32 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Date: October 26, 2008 00:45

It's sad that so many people fail to realize exactly how much money that they can save by not making large purchases at Best Buy.Just because the name is Best Buy does not mean that they have the best buys.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 26, 2008 00:50

CrazyDadda
Today I went into best buy to pick up the new Sex Pistols dvd that came out today here in the states and the new Indy movie, I asked the store clerk for the Sex Pistols dvd and he had no clue who they were, and tried to tell me its an internet only product, so I ended up going to the local record store and wow, there it was for 12.99, thanks best buy, you saved me money!

Why on earth did you buy the new Indy movie? It's dreadful.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 26, 2008 01:11

The deal with places like Best Buy, I believe, is to boycott them. Myself, I'm not a man of wealth and taste, but I am a man of principle.

I refuse to shop at Best Buy, because they hire people with no knowledge and pay poor wages. I am in the market now to buy a HDTV. I will gladly pay $20-$100 more and shop at a Mom and Pop, OR, a chain store that has knowledgeable sales staff.

I believe if more people started to shop with this mindset, we would see better customer service. Remember that concept? Customer service.

I have not purchased gasoline from exxon since March 24, 1989, the Valdez incident. If you own a Mom and Pop store in New York, let me know and I will gladly give you my money....I'm not saying all Mom and Pop stores are great, but I'd rather give the small business my $$$ instead of big business.

Thanks for letting me vent! smileys with beer

Date: October 26, 2008 02:53

JumpingKentFlash
CrazyDadda

Because I haven't seen it, and to complete the collection, lol

Date: October 26, 2008 02:43

CrazyDadda
JumpingKentFlash
CrazyDadda

I understand. I don't own any Indy film yet. I'm waiting for a box of all of them. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 26, 2008 02:56

JumpingKentFlash
CrazyDadda
JumpingKentFlash
CrazyDadda

I understand. I don't own any Indy film yet. I'm waiting for a box of all of them. smiling smiley

But your right, it was rather interesting!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 26, 2008 03:04

JumpingKentFlash

[www.amazon.com]

Date: October 26, 2008 04:26

Aah thanks Justin. I'm getting it.... smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 26, 2008 17:06

Bingo
The deal with places like Best Buy, I believe, is to boycott them. Myself, I'm not a man of wealth and taste, but I am a man of principle.

I refuse to shop at Best Buy, because they hire people with no knowledge and pay poor wages. I am in the market now to buy a HDTV. I will gladly pay $20-$100 more and shop at a Mom and Pop, OR, a chain store that has knowledgeable sales staff.

I believe if more people started to shop with this mindset, we would see better customer service. Remember that concept? Customer service.

I have not purchased gasoline from exxon since March 24, 1989, the Valdez incident. If you own a Mom and Pop store in New York, let me know and I will gladly give you my money....I'm not saying all Mom and Pop stores are great, but I'd rather give the small business my $$$ instead of big business.

Thanks for letting me vent! smileys with beer

You won't have to pay $20 to $100 more by avoiding Best Buy > You can save more than $850 on identical items by avoiding Best Buy if you choose the right alternative.Check my previous post on this thread.

I agree with alot of what you're saying although,these days,there is no need for you to rely on what sales people decide to tell you.All of the research and homework can be done at home on the internet > professional reviews,consumer feedback,black and white specifications etc..

Personally,I use these stores for looking at the goods but,I buy from reputable internet dealers such as Abe's of Maine,B & H Photo,Tiger Direct,Vann's,and Crutchfield.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 26, 2008 23:22

Last year when The Cult were about to release their new record my girlfriend asked the kid at Best Buy if the new Cult single was available and the kid said Who?

So it's not just one band, ha ha, that no one that works there doesn't know - they just don't know ANYTHING.

Hell, I had to ask them where Shine A Light was because it wasn't where someone that knows to look under The Rolling Stones in their place, me, and for some reason couldn't spot it.

Because they had it stocked in a very strange place. I was thinking about how if someone came in and was looking for SAL and didn's speak up they'd be convinced that it was released.

I saw a brand new unopened Four Flicks at Wal-Mart.

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: October 26, 2008 23:37

Asking for nformation on products in shops is outdated. They always talk bullshit, at least here in Holland. I was looking to buy a digital piano a couple of months ago. I went online, did some research, then went out to some music shops. I've never heard so much bullshit in my life. I got completely different stories from all of them. Eventually I found a some little music store in a small town that was moving and I got a fine model for half the price you'd pay anywhere else.. Moral: sales people should just @#$%& off. If I ask where something is, they should tell me.

I remember one time I was trying to buy a black shirt. So this queer in the store comes up to me and says 'Can I help you?
As always, I replied: 'I don't think so.'
'What are you looking for?'
'A black shirt.'
I had a black shirt in my hands but the size was wrong so I asked if there were any other sizes.
He said 'Well let me see here..' then he took the shirt and came back 5 minutes later with a shirt that was white with blue stripes and said 'Well I couldn't find it but this is kind of the same idea! Try it on it will look great.'

I politely thanked him and left.. reminds me of another occasion where I was looking for a black leather jacket. The guy said: well we don't have any but I have this lovely jacket.. and he came with a cotton blue jacket. I looked at him as if he were crazy. He said 'I know what you're think, but this is a nice jacket.. it's got to do with the 'schnit' of the jacket' I laughed in his face and left..

Lately, I avoid shops with annoying salesmen all together. If there's someone to get me a different size, measure my size, or give me a nice discount, fine, but I always get bullshit. But I'm going off topic I guess!

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 00:44

CrazyDadda

If possible, don't watch it. Take the DVD back. Seriously, when it's over you will wish you hadn't seen it.

JumpingKentFlash

I think you are much better off with the box set with only the first three.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:38

best buy = Worst Buy

what a lame *** store.......

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 27, 2008 14:49

tuesday, 10/28/08 elton john double dvd,and double cd i think it's called live from the red piano in las vegas $24 us .not bad for that price .best buy exclusive

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 27, 2008 20:00

^^^ Have at it ^^^^^

If you order it online check back with us in a couple of weeks and let us know your horror story of dealing with them and if you ever actually get what you ordered.

Date: October 28, 2008 00:22

The key phrase is "reputable internet dealers" as the five that I mentioned are.

Date: November 1, 2008 19:21

I went in yesterday to pick up the new Elton John dvd and the store had gotten the row that music dvds are supposed to be put on and place the dvds above the artists cd's, which I guess in the long run who cares, but it's much easier to look at all the dvds in one place and all in the cds in one place, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home