Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Discovery: Champaign 15/Nov/69 (late) complete
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: June 9, 2009 18:24

I just opened a separate topic about this proposal. I'm curious to see how many people is ready to pay for a '69 tape; I expect 5 max.

Wanna bet?

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 9, 2009 18:32

You'd be surprised...I banded together with a bunch of people to liberate some Zeppelin and Who tapes like this years ago and a LOT of people were willing to help...

It *does* suck to have to pay the hoarders, though...

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 9, 2009 19:50

I'd contribute for a complete, unheard '69 concert tape, assuming listenable quality.

Date: June 9, 2009 19:52

Scaffer and the others, I moved the topic here:

[www.iorr.org]

to gather people interested.

Posted by: Italystonesfan ()
Date: June 9, 2009 21:25

straycat58
As I already suggested in the past, but with no followers, I think that the easiest and faster solution is that we join altogether and send an offer.

Suppose that we are 50 names accepting to pay 10 Euros, we can offer 500 Euros for the tape. I think this is a reasonable offer and for us it's not a big sacrifice.

If we want to keep the tape only for the 50 people who paid the amount, we can make an arrangement between us and then seeding it with some spoken words missing or one track fading out.
Then, if some additional fan wants to receive the full version, he must buy it from one of the 50 original owners, which means some of us will receive partial or total reimboursement of the initial investment.

The only thing we must do is to find 50 fans interested; not difficult if we open a dedicated topic and create enough noise.

Count on me

Date: June 10, 2009 10:59

Lil' Brian,

I hope you have possibility to contact your friend owning the Champaign tape and ask him if he is interested to receive a substantial offer.

If yes, please ask him to confirm us if the recording is complete and if he can give you a couple of samples (like 30 seconds of Midnight rambler and/or HTW, so that we can compare them with the other source).

Kindly keep us informed and thanks in advance.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 10, 2009 13:00

Guys, as I posted before I recently got this recording off the web for free. Use your noddles. It's out there. Just type Rolling Stones - Champaigne 69 and see what comes up. You'll be amazed. Some othjer cool stuff from 69 too. Just go web surfing.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 10, 2009 22:18

Silver Dagger
Guys, as I posted before I recently got this recording off the web for free. Use your noddles. It's out there. Just type Rolling Stones - Champaigne 69 and see what comes up. You'll be amazed. Some othjer cool stuff from 69 too. Just go web surfing.

Sorry, Silver Dagger, I don't get it! Are you sure you got the SECOND show from Champaign?!? All I get are links to the first or the abridged late show;
my e-mail address is always open, please send me the link!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 10, 2009 22:30

This is what I can find...

University Of Illinois, Champagne, Illinois, November 15, 1969 (1st show)
Cocain on a Dentist Chair (2CD/disc 2) VGP-068 ?Vintage Champaign (2CD/disc 1) DAC-081

University Of Illinois, Champagne, Illinois, November 15, 1969 (2nd show)
Vintage Champaign (2CD/disc 2) DAC-081

[www10.atwiki.jp]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-10 22:33 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: June 10, 2009 23:10

Yes, but again: "Vintage Champaign" has only FIVE songs from the second show in Champaign.
We are looking for the COMPLETE second show, probably from a different taper(?)

Date: June 10, 2009 23:26

I have important news regarding another uncirculated show! If interested write me an e-mail at stonestree@yahoo.it

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:14

StrayCat58,

I'll check again with the taper (who I'm still in contact with) to verify that it is complete. It was last fall when I first heard it, but I do remember it as such. After listening that night, I went home and compared the sound quality to several '69 shows and it seemed similar to my ears. Not bad at all.

Also plan to forward you're offer idea. Thanks.

LB

Date: June 11, 2009 09:33

OK LB, pls keep me informed.

Date: December 22, 2011 22:05

Christmas time's a coming! Just one wish this year:
Please tell me that you succeeded in getting the complete show and that you will post it here soon!
Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-22 22:06 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: varv ()
Date: December 23, 2011 00:10

Any chance that this guy was at the 1st show too? It would be great to see photos of the 1st show as well.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:33

Rank Stranger
Christmas time's a coming! Just one wish this year:
Please tell me that you succeeded in getting the complete show and that you will post it here soon!
Thanks in advance!

Posted by Lil'brian on 3 DEC 2011 on Hotstuff................

Re: Non-circulating shows 1969-Present new
Date: December 3, 2011 23:50

1969-11-15-2 Champaign, IL, Assembly Hall, University of Illinois [5] (5 songs circulate, ie DAC-081)

I know I've mentioned this here before but a complete recording of the above show does exist. A buddy of mine recorded it himself, I've heard it, and he calls it "Champaign Wine '69". It's similar in quality to the rest of the tour but please don't ask for a copy... I don't have one! He won't release it but I won't give up. He's also got some nice photographs from the acoustic set he intends to use as cover art. Someday baby!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 23, 2011 10:43

Haha...
I also have the 2 auburn shows...

Date: December 23, 2011 16:32

Eleanor Rigby
Haha...

Ms. Rigby,

Hmmm. Are you questioning my honesty in regards to the existence of this particular recording? If so, I don't really appreciate that. Here's hoping you never get to listen to it. It's pretty damn good too! Merry Christmas.

LB

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 24, 2011 12:03

I loathe these attention seekers. I hate that 'I have such and such show, but I am not releasing it in any way'.

Twenty years ago I could understand it. Bootlegs where rare and difficult to get, and an unknown, sought-after show actually had historical and commercial value. So if you had a good tape I could understand you wanted to keep it until you could release it in some form -either trade it for other tapes, or for money.

But now, with about 80% of all Stones shows being available on-line, the historical value and especially commercial value is none. In the early 90's one could earn roughly $3000 wih a good VGP release, now you are a happy man if you're able to sell ten copies for $10 each. The amount of shows only available through tape trade is virtually zero, as about each and every show (except some 81 shows) has seen the light of day trough a vinyl or CD release.

So why is anyone sitting on its copy? I guess it's just the same old kindergarden play: I have something you don't have, na na na. Sick.

Mathijs

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 24, 2011 12:30

Eleanor Rigby
Haha...

I have the complete third auburn show. winking smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-24 12:30 by Britney.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 24, 2011 12:42

Mathijs
I loathe these attention seekers. I hate that 'I have such and such show, but I am not releasing it in any way'.

Twenty years ago I could understand it. Bootlegs where rare and difficult to get, and an unknown, sought-after show actually had historical and commercial value. So if you had a good tape I could understand you wanted to keep it until you could release it in some form -either trade it for other tapes, or for money.

But now, with about 80% of all Stones shows being available on-line, the historical value and especially commercial value is none. In the early 90's one could earn roughly $3000 wih a good VGP release, now you are a happy man if you're able to sell ten copies for $10 each. The amount of shows only available through tape trade is virtually zero, as about each and every show (except some 81 shows) has seen the light of day trough a vinyl or CD release.

So why is anyone sitting on its copy? I guess it's just the same old kindergarden play: I have something you don't have, na na na. Sick.

Mathijs

Agreed. Well said. I don't mind shelling out $5 for a good Stones boot, but collecting 500 bucks for this guy's tape is ridiculous. He should just torrent it and let as many people as possible enjoy it. The music and artistry came from the Stones, the (small) effort taping it was the taper's in '69. The rest of us are merely just bootleggers who ain't doing nothing to deserve all that money. So the guy wants something in return for that tape? There's millions of boots available for free online. Check out some good torrents and support the community by uploading the darned recording.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 24, 2011 14:39

Lil' Brian
Eleanor Rigby
Haha...

Ms. Rigby,

Hmmm. Are you questioning my honesty in regards to the existence of this particular recording? If so, I don't really appreciate that. Here's hoping you never get to listen to it. It's pretty damn good too! Merry Christmas.

LB

no not questioning your honesty...but read mathijs post..thats what i am basically getting at...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 24, 2011 17:57

Mathijs

Mathijs

100% agree

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home