Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request : Tab for Shine A Light solo on live versions ( 2006,2007)
Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 5, 2008 18:10

I know how to play the song and everything but the solo is amazing and i can't find it anywhere.
if someone can tab it here would be great.
thanks!

Re: Request : Tab for Shine A Light solo on live versions ( 2006,2007)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 6, 2008 06:06

That is a funny one. You can't find the tab anywhere? Why would you? Live albums don't seem to get any kind of guitar tab done that I've ever noticed yet alone how a band is doing something live on tour.

How many times have you seen the same tab for the same songs in the same magazines everytime someone goes on tour? There hasn't been an interesting Stones transcribe ever - they're always the same tunes.

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: October 6, 2008 10:32

Yes but Stones songs are SO SIMPLE. The solo's are all diatonic, pentatonic. I mean come on, it's like needing sheet music to play Old Mcdonald had a farm? Learn a couple of super easy scales from any beginner guitar magazine and wow, there's all the Stones' live solo's for ya! Not that they're not great, inventive and super-cool sounding.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:15

When I check for tabs I always find tabs from live versions for other bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers but not for the Stones and that's bad.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 6, 2008 19:15

They can't tab them because they never play the solo the same ever. It's always a trainwreck and I don't know how you tab a train wreck.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 6, 2008 19:26

Stones solos in general are rarely tabbed unless they are staples like "Sympathy"...or...hmmm...that's it I guess. The Sympathy solo is the most popular.

Most of the solos in Stones' songs are so free and don't exactly bare any strong characteristics that would beg for a tab be made. Most of the solos are in the pentatomic scale anyway...you can get in the neighborhood of the solo really quick by just fooling around the scale and mimicing the notes.

That's one thing I tell a lot of people...you mustn't rely and lean complete on tabs to do everything. If you have a guitar---put it in your hand and PLAY. Put the song or solo you want on the stereo and figure it out. In learning guitar, the player must build a strong bridge between the music and his ears. You can't hop on the internet to figure out everything.

Reading tabs is like looking at someone's answers during a test in school. You don't learn anything. You give the right answers but don't know WHY. I suggest learning the solo on your own for a while and start there. I almost rarely look up tabs for solos...they're just so laborious. I'm so impatient to sit and read them and go through it....ugh. I just put the CD on and try to work it out myself. I use tabs here and there just to guide me a little.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 7, 2008 00:17

well , does someone know how to tab the version on SAL?
ill try to learn it by myself anyway
thanks for the help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home