Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hawaii-Last stop For Gutarists in USA
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 27, 2008 16:30

It just occurred to me that Brian Jones last concert as a Stone in the US was Honolulu 66 and Mick Taylors last concert as a Stone in the US also was Honolulu 73! I know it really doesnt mean anything but what are the odds??
Anytime Ronnie thought he was messin' up I wonder if he held his breath in Hawaii?!! HA HA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-27 16:31 by scottkeef.

Re: Hawaii-Last stop For Gutarists in USA
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2008 20:49

Interestingly (and quite eerily) Honolulu was meant to be the final North American show in 2006 until they pulled it due to slow sales and moved around other dates

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 27, 2008 20:58

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Date: September 27, 2008 21:04

what was that, schillid - the Twilight Zone theme in braille?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 27, 2008 21:06

smiling smiley

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 27, 2008 21:07

good ear Gazza

Date: September 27, 2008 21:24

Gazza
Interestingly (and quite eerily) Honolulu was meant to be the final North American show in 2006 until they pulled it due to slow sales and moved around other dates
WOW-that would have been weird if that show happened as planned and Ron(for whatever reasons) couldnt tour anymore!!

Date: September 27, 2008 21:31

Believe me, it was on my mind when those dates were announced!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 28, 2008 09:55

Kinda similar situation for Vancouver. It was Brian's last Canadian show, shortly before Hawaii 66. Opening show of the 72 tour was Vancouver but they played Toronto towards the end of the tour and as of right now, Vancouver was the last North American show in 06.

Date: September 28, 2008 17:09

Was that the Nov.3,06 show? By my count there was about seven or so more US shows after that ending with the LA show on Nov 22,06. I could be mistaken though.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 28, 2008 17:26

scottkeef
Was that the Nov.3,06 show? By my count there was about seven or so more US shows after that ending with the LA show on Nov 22,06. I could be mistaken though.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 28, 2008 17:27

The Honululu show was supposed to be on in April, 2006 I think. But it was cancelled (Or did stay as a rumored show only? -Was it ever a confirmed show?). Instead, the last American show was Radio City Music Hall for the Robin Hood Foundation (March 14, '06). Then they went to Japan and played the Tokyo Dome, and didn't play USA again before September 20th at Gillette Stadium in Boston..

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 28, 2008 17:28

Well, dont I feel like the class dunce!! Thanks, Edith Grove. Just curious-was it a make up date or a late add on?

Date: September 28, 2008 17:56

The Honolulu show was supposed to be 22nd November. After the Stones had to rearrange a few concerts due to Mick's throat problems, the LA show was moved to that date.

Here's a list of the tour dates. See the top of the page for the changes and additions as the tour progressed - [www.iorr.org]

Amazingly, rs.com continued to advertise the Honolulu show as being on sale for a while after LA had been moved to that date and then just removed it from their schedule with no announcement as if it had never existed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-28 18:01 by Gazza.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 28, 2008 18:10

Gazza
the Stones had to rearrange a few concerts due to Mick's throat problems

I remember being at the Boise show on 14 November.
One of those rescheduled shows was Atlantic City on 17 November, only three days later.
Once the last bows were taken in Boise, the crew did not waste a second tearing that stage down for the 38-hour/2500-mile ride to A.C.

[www.mapquest.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 12, 2008 01:37

I wanna go to HAWAII!! YAY!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home