Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: What's The Nearest Stones Landmark To Where You Live?
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 14, 2008 16:45

Probably Chateau de Dangu, where the Stones rehearsed for the Urban Jungle Tour in may 1990. When I was in Paris there were too many landmarks to count (I was in the area of the Olympia and Keith's former flat).

Date: September 14, 2008 17:02

I live in Fulham, SW London, which is next to Chelsea and so not far from the famous addresses of Edith Grove and Cheyne Walk as well as several other landmarks of those early Stones days.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 14, 2008 17:18

A lot of landmarks in Den Haag Holland, nearest Zuiderpark 1976 500 meter

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: September 14, 2008 18:05

Ok, not a landmark as such, but apparently Brian Jones' father used to be the organist at a church in my hometown of Bridgend

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 14, 2008 18:19

Charlie and Shirley Watts married at Bradford Registry Office in 1964,(I believe).
I lived in and around Bradford, West Yorkshire, England for the first 52 years of my life.
Bradford Gaumont: one of the venues on the Autumn 1963 tour. Became an Odeon Cinema, sadly not used for the last 10 years - I understand the Council now want to have it demolished.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 14, 2008 23:21

Having performed at the Cavern Club, Liverpool, there is a brick named after them in the famous "Cavern Wall":

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 14, 2008 23:34

LOGIE
Having performed at the Cavern Club, Liverpool, there is a brick named after them in the famous "Cavern Wall":

Even though this isn't really the club they played at...

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 15, 2008 00:04

Indeed not!!

...and the space vacated by it is across the road!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 15, 2008 01:54

In the course of a weekend I often pass by Massey Hall (Winos), Maple Leaf Gardens, the Rogers Centre / Skydome, the ElMo or Phoenix, the former Harbour Castle Hilton (famous drug bust) and occasionally Downsview. Last night, went for Vietnamese food at a lovely little dive a few doors from Stones Place - early, and they were closed. Hope to see them back real soon.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: September 15, 2008 04:33

Posted by: winos ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:56

About 3 miles from Kooyong tennis courts where they played 3 hot shows in 1973

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: September 15, 2008 13:07

Oh man, in the middle of Southern Germany, there aren't that much Stones-related "landmarks". If you don't count places, where they played once (which are quite much, e.g. Stuttgart), I only may name the 200 km afar Munich, where the rehearsed for the 2003 Europeen Tour.

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: September 15, 2008 14:52

I can see an old factory building from my window, 15 meters away, where they did a photosession for the Stripped frontcover with Anton Corbijn. 1995 August 10. Budapest

Date: September 15, 2008 17:25

Domonkos
I can see an old factory building from my window, 15 meters away, where they did a photosession for the Stripped frontcover with Anton Corbijn. 1995 August 10. Budapest

Did you live there during the photosessions? If yes, did you know about that then?

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: September 15, 2008 17:33

The Kurhaus is about 25 min. away from here, first gig in Holland. The place got completely wrecked by fans and the show ended early.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 15, 2008 17:43

Clearwater Beach......

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: September 15, 2008 18:35

Hi RSFan!
Yes, I lived here, altough not in this house, but in same distance, and I didn't know about the photosession until next morning. I opened the newspapers, can you imagine?yawning smiley
Here's some snippets (bit blurry, I don't have scanner):

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 15, 2008 19:17

That statue outside the Cavern Club looks like Ronnie smiling smiley

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 15, 2008 19:48

Thanks for the photos of Budapest and the Cavern Club...cool thread.

Currently living in Greenville, SC. I think the only landmark nearby is Death Valley Stadium at Clemson Univ., site of the 11/26/89 show. Interestingly, i've seen two Stones books that refer to this show and list it as having taken place in CA.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: September 15, 2008 20:21

pmk251
Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento. Keith got zapped there in '65, I believe. We're not too far from Altamont, little over an hour or so.

Hey pmk251, I used to live just down the street from there on F Street, right accross the street from Dorothea Puente... remember her? I've seen some great shows at the Memorial Auditorium. John Fogerty, Neil Young did an acoustic gig, Bob Dylan. Also, didn't the Beach Boys record thier live album there?

Date: September 15, 2008 20:31

Wow, thanks for sharing, Domonkos. Some really rare pics, if you consoder that Mick doesn't drink often in publicity and Keith doesn't wear a shirt or so...

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 15, 2008 20:54

<<pmk, are u from Sactown? my brother went to that show at the memorialauditorium, and he also went to altamont.>>

Yeah, moved into the area later in my life. It is only in the recent years that I have met the only person I know who went to that '65 show (he's an attorney); or anyone who went to Altamont. The woman who went to Altamont said she sat back on the hill and had no idea what was going on up there.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home