Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 7, 2009 22:17

Someone posted multicoulored boots. Here are some of my favourites.Nice to look at...Have fun!(sorry,if some showed up before, but I was too lazy...)

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 7, 2009 22:24

Nice!

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: October 8, 2009 12:27

.... For the Ronnie and Faces fans ...some tour programmes, backstage passes and a rare poster/flyer from Toronto ...

Andreas

Date: October 8, 2009 13:06

Great collection, Andreas.
Well,there was a time when you got official stickers in record-stores at the day of release:

Date: October 8, 2009 13:30

... nice stickers electricmud , do you have also the "Still life" and "Tattoo You" sticker ...

Here some Bill Wyman stuff for Monkey Grip, the box together with the promo folder is not seen very often :-)

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 00:15 by arc-angel.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: October 8, 2009 14:14

Amazing items!!! Wow!!!!

I love the promo Goats Head Soup tin-can that is shown in the Bill Wyman book... cooool ....

Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: October 8, 2009 15:15

Ricky
Doc
It's not a WEA release, but a german label, so I never really found out if it is 100% legit or not...
I didn't take time to search either, but any reliable info would be highly welcome, of course

I think that eil never sold bootlegs, so.....
here it is:
[eil.com]

Perfect Beat was also a German distributor based in Luxemburg and Germany for The Swingin' Pig.

Date: October 9, 2009 00:01

arc-angel
Here some Bill Wyman stuff for Monkey Grip, the box together with the promo folder is not seen very often :-)

Never seen it. The box looks like unbelievable new mint condition. Amazing.

Date: October 9, 2009 00:55

Some more miscellaneous stuff:

One of the best Taylor records (with Gary Groom): limited edition, signed,2 posters and additional non-cd tracks.

official Bill Wyman UK picture-disc (1982)

The beautiful mini-Black Box , released in 1982

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 9, 2009 01:16

Great items! It's really nice to see this thread so active and alive again. Didn't know of this Taylor LP, sure will have to track it down one way or another.

BTW do you guys have a UK copy of Bill Wyman's Apache Woman? It's got the catalog number "RS 19120". Been looking for quite a while but with no luck.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 9, 2009 07:01

Guðni Gunnarsson

BTW do you guys have a UK copy of Bill Wyman's Apache Woman? It's got the catalog number "RS 19120". Been looking for quite a while but with no luck.

I've a white-label test pressing but not the regular stock copy.

Date: October 9, 2009 08:11

Thanks a lot silkcut for clearing it up. I was starting to suspect that.

Date: October 9, 2009 10:41

Guðni Gunnarsson
Great items! It's really nice to see this thread so active and alive again. Didn't know of this Taylor LP, sure will have to track it down one way or another.

... I only have the german copy with catalog number COC RS 19118 ...

Andreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 00:14 by arc-angel.

Date: October 9, 2009 10:46

... and here for all Voodoo Lounge fans ... some promo items (press folders, a rare shop display mobile, sticker, Volkswagen (Tour Sponsor) promo items and some promo CD's).
Checking my collection, I was surprised how many CD's, normal singles and promo CD's, were released at that time ...

Andreas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-14 00:15 by arc-angel.

Date: October 9, 2009 10:51

electricmud
Never seen it. The box looks like unbelievable new mint condition. Amazing.

Yes the box is near mint, it was unfolded since I bought it and I folded it to a box for that photo!

electricmud
Some more miscellaneous stuff:

One of the best Taylor records (with Gary Groom): limited edition, signed,2 posters and additional non-cd tracks.

I fully agree with you, this is also in my opinion the best MT record (btw. which number you have, mine is 614/1000), unfortunately Gary Groom, who also played great on this record, passed away a few years ago.

Andreas

Date: October 9, 2009 11:03

Andreas, my Taylor/Groom album has the number 215/1000. Thanx for folding the mint Bill Wyman-box just for us. Hope it is still mint.

Something completly different. Not easy to find and I only knew it from the Roy Carr-book:

The Current Audio Magazine from Aug/Sept 1972 with an Jagger interview (+ Angela Davis, Elvis press conference and more)

Date: October 9, 2009 12:29

arc-angel
... I only have the german copy with catalog number COC RS 19118 ...

Thanks, I know that one. I also have a US copy with Soul Satisfying on the b-side. There seem to be few with some knowledge of Bill Wyman rarities. I don't know of many but I have interesting Quadraphonic version of Monkey Grip with completely different mixes of the songs.

arc-angel
I fully agree with you, this is also in my opinion the best MT record (btw. which number you have, mine is 614/1000), unfortunately Gary Groom, who also played great on this record, passed away a few years ago.

Did Taylor really contribute that much for this release? I read somewhere he's only present in 5 of the numbers. Also, all of the copies I found online were signed by Mick Taylor, anyone know the reason for that?

Date: October 9, 2009 13:45

Guðni Gunnarsson

Did Taylor really contribute that much for this release? I read somewhere he's only present in 5 of the numbers. Also, all of the copies I found online were signed by Mick Taylor, anyone know the reason for that?

I don't think he's present in only 5 titles (not 100% sure smiling smiley, but anyway this is really great music! As far as I know the Vinyl Record is a limited edition with 1.000 copies only, each signed by Mick T. officially. The CD edition is a normal one, without signature and with less titles.

Andreas

Date: October 9, 2009 13:53

Arc Angel, I have that very same tour folder from the 75 tour. It was given to a drag queen friend of mine, who balled one of the roadies off that tour. Years later she dug it out, and presented it to me. She said that the roadie (or it could have been Peter Rudge for all I know; the lady most definitely got around) told her that this one came from inner circle. It contains these daily sheets that were slid under the doors every morning telling folks what to do, where to be when etc.

Date: October 9, 2009 13:59

Palace Revolution 2000
Arc Angel, I have that very same tour folder from the 75 tour. It was given to a drag queen friend of mine, who balled one of the roadies off that tour. Years later she dug it out, and presented it to me. She said that the roadie (or it could have been Peter Rudge for all I know; the lady most definitely got around) told her that this one came from inner circle. It contains these daily sheets that were slid under the doors every morning telling folks what to do, where to be when etc.

Very Cool, especially the story behind and the daily sheets are very interesting (do you have a scan of such a daily sheet ?) ...

Andreas

Date: October 9, 2009 14:02

Arc, I don't have a working scanner, which makes this thread sublime, yet frustrating for myself.
But it is the first time I have ever seen someone else with that whole folder. Does your's have all the glossy photos? Of Billy, Ollie etc etc?

Date: October 9, 2009 14:09

Palace Revolution 2000
Arc, I don't have a working scanner, which makes this thread sublime, yet frustrating for myself.
But it is the first time I have ever seen someone else with that whole folder. Does your's have all the glossy photos? Of Billy, Ollie etc etc?

Mine has 11 photos, including Ollie Brown and Billy Preston ... and lots of stuff to read ... (and I also have the original tour poster with that eagle)

btw. I'm still looking for the tour press folder for American Tour 1972 :-)
Andreas

Date: October 9, 2009 14:16

arc-angel

I don't think he's present in only 5 titles (not 100% sure smiling smiley, but anyway this is really great music! As far as I know the Vinyl Record is a limited edition with 1.000 copies only, each signed by Mick T. officially. The CD edition is a normal one, without signature and with less titles.

Thanks for the answer and the info. I found one for reasonable price. Gonna grab itspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 9, 2009 17:35

arc-angel

... and here for all Voodoo Lounge fans ... some promo items (press folders, a rare shop display mobile, sticker, Volkswagen (Tour Sponsor) promo items and some promo CD's).
Checking my collection, I was surprised how many CD's, normal singles and promo CD's, were released at that time ...

Great to see this stuff again. I´m sure you have the VL-GOLF in your garage?

Date: October 9, 2009 17:58

Emotional Rescue 7` from various countries (love the French one). Not that rare, but..

...just to show you one of the strangest Stones -items ever:

Emotional Rescue from Poland: very thin paper-bag with a center-wholed cardboard!
No joke , it does play! What an artwork!

backside:

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:07

The one from Poland is a sound postcard. The paper bag is an envelope and the playable cardboard is the postcard itself. A lot of these were made for many bands I think, that one is official though (licensed).

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:32

Happy this thread is back!

Date: October 9, 2009 19:32

Here is a collection of 7" Bootlegs released in the 80`s. Meanwhile some of them are quite rare.

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:37

steffiestones
Happy this thread is back!

Yes, the best thread is still alive! thumbs up

Date: October 9, 2009 20:06

electricmud

Great to see this stuff again. I´m sure you have the VL-GOLF in your garage?

Many thanks, but no, not VL Golf in my garage :-)

Andreas

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home