Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question Byrds Netherlands
Posted by: Jos ()
Date: September 8, 2008 11:03

I came across a recording of a Byrds concert in the Concertgebouw Amsterdam in the Netherlands, 07-07-70. I have seen them during Holland Pop Festival and later in the Concertgebouw, but I am not sure when.

Is there anyone who can confirm how often the Byrds played in the Concertgebouw, when, and what the support acts were? I have some vague memory of Clarence White and the Kentucky Colonels as support act for the Byrds, but I am not sure. Rita Coolidge perhaps? You know those times. What I didnt forget was the excellent Byrds concert and playing by Clarence White!

Similarly, I have seen the Flying Burito Bros in the Rijnhal in Arnhem, where also Pink Floyd and Soft Machine played. I am equally unsure whether the Country Gazette (Byron Berline cs) was their opening act.

Is there anyone who can help me to refresh my memory?

Thanks a lot smiling smiley

Re: Question Byrds Netherlands
Date: September 8, 2008 22:28

Anyone?

Posted by: almar ()
Date: September 9, 2008 00:00

[www.geocities.com]

Hope this link may help you with your questions there is an article written in Dutch it may have some answers for you about Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, May 15, 1971.

Cheers,
almar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-09 00:01 by almar.

Date: September 10, 2008 19:41

Thanks smiling smiley)

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 10, 2008 21:26

Jos
I have some vague memory of Clarence White and the Kentucky Colonels as support act for the Byrds, but I am not sure.

And after the gig, the Kentucky Colonels rolled the Byrds in flour, fried them up and ate them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home