Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Stevie Wonder in Europe
Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: September 6, 2008 04:22

Anybody planning on seeing Stevie on any of his upcoming European dates?
I've got tickets for Oct 1st at the O2 and am slowly getting excited, but don't really know what to expect.

Re: OT: Stevie Wonder in Europe
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: September 6, 2008 16:49

Expect to have the time of your life!

I've seen Stevie several times in recent years, following his decision to resume touring following the death of his mom (co-author, by the way, of "I Don't Know Why" (covered by the Stones). I've also caught Stevie's holiday benefit performances for the House Full of Toys.

Stevie will likely play oodles of songs from his amazing string of '70s albums (Talking Book, Innervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, Songs in the Key of Life), but the most recent Stevie show at the Hollywood Bowl opened with five songs in a row from Hotter Than July, a surprise that delighted and impressed me.

He'll do a duet or two with his daughter, if she joins him, and he'll do some playful things like play on a vocoder or serve up a song like Signed, Sealed, Delivered in a country twang. There will likely be a short string of ballads, and don't underestimate the power of his masterpiece Lately. There will be something new, or recent (his last release was A Time to Love, a decent album that should have gotten more attention). Stevie will talk between songs and he will charm you with his enthusiasm for life and music.

Don't expect to spend much time in your seat during the last hour. "Superstition" often leads a thrilling brace of hits that will keep you dancing.

Enjoy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-06 16:53 by Monkeylad.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 6, 2008 17:17

Great report, Monkeylad!

I'm seeing him in Manchester on Tuesday and can't wait!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: September 6, 2008 17:33

Hello,

Be there on Tuesday as well Logie-words cannot express how much I'm looking forward to this show!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: September 6, 2008 22:16

Good to read this post...I've never got round to seeing him, but have a front-row seat for one of his gigs at the O2...can't wait!

Lee

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: September 8, 2008 12:04

I will see him next week. It will be great. grinning smiley

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: September 8, 2008 15:50

thanks monkeylad for your excellent review. stevie gave a free concert last june at the taste of chicago in grant park in front of 75,000 adoring fans! it was the best show i'd ever seen there. people from all ages and walks of life were wowed by his brilliant performance.

photo by teafoe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home