Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: My band's new album - promo video
Date: September 5, 2008 12:18

Some of you made a comment about my band's album that has been listen as "out soon" for a very long time smiling smiley Here's a promo for my band's forthcoming album (release in November 2008), Won't Bow Down. Enjoy! I'll appreciate any comment - good or bad.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-05 13:52 by DandelionPowderman.

OT: My band's new album - promo video
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 5, 2008 15:19

Oh! Cool! Finally, Powderman. Great band!
Any gigs comming up? And keep us updatedon a release date, when it's final, please!
Barbarian Twins... Is that derived from the New Barbarians and the Glimmer Twins? >grinning smiley< Very good name.

Are all the guys fans, or are you the boss and get to decide that for yourself?
See ya around.

Re: OT: My band's new album - promo video
Date: September 5, 2008 17:36

Thanks,

I´ve worked hard to make them fans, anyway. Now, they´re at least open G-fans smiling smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: September 5, 2008 21:18

Nice one! Which one are you?

Near the beginning, one of the guitarists does a very Keith like maneuver with the guitar.

I see banjo in the video too, but I don't hear it. That's a shame - it must be edited from a different song. I'd love to hear some of your stuff with banjo in it.

Anyway, whilst we're in the mood for posting videos of bands on here, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. We haven't gone as far as shooting a promo but this is something that someone did of us when we played at a very wet gig in Brighton. Amazingly enough, he overlaid the music from when we'd done a session for the BBC a couple of weeks before the gig and it fitted pretty nicely with virtually no tweaks. (We weren't at our best by any means!)

video: [myspacetv.com]

Date: September 6, 2008 00:45

Great sound. You guys are as tight as ZZ Top!!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: September 6, 2008 00:59

finally! smiling smiley good work!

Date: September 6, 2008 01:51

< see banjo in the video too, but I don't hear it. That's a shame >

We often have guest artists. And we often do Linin' Tracks by Leadbelly. on that one we use to bring a banjo player, who is a good friend of ours. Unfortunately, he is not on our studio album.

Thanks guys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-06 02:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 6, 2008 01:56

sjs 12: Fantastic stuff! As a huge Byrds and Flying Burrito Bros.-fan, this is x-mas time for me smiling smiley Great harmonies, solid playing and what a cool band. Loved the steel guitar player, too.

Where are you from?

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: September 6, 2008 09:58

Great to see these videos, I'm a real sucker for Gram Parsons, plus my wife plays in a bluegrass band and gets to tour the States once a year and our house is awash with the sounds of Ralph Stanley, Flatt and Scruggs et al, so when I checked out The Family playing their hearts out to a modest audience my heart just melted and the band looks just perfect for the music they are playing - real charisma - great stuff and thanks to both you guys for sharing.

Anyway while we're in the mood for bigging up friends and family, I'm going to chance my arm and post a couple of videos of a young band close to my heart who are very influenced by Brian Jones era Rolling Stones, The Velvet Underground, Syd Barrett, The Only Ones etc, etc, really like garage rock with a psychedelic vibe.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: September 8, 2008 16:40

DandelionPowderman
sjs 12: Fantastic stuff! As a huge Byrds and Flying Burrito Bros.-fan, this is x-mas time for me smiling smiley Great harmonies, solid playing and what a cool band. Loved the steel guitar player, too.

Where are you from?

We're from the deep south.... ampton!

But we get around.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home