Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Hoodoo Gurus
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: September 2, 2008 06:52

They have always been one of my all time favorite bands, amazing lyrics, music, etc. I wish one day I will see them live, my ultimate goal, but they never seem to come around my neck of the woods.

Side note, I have no idea how to ask this girl out, I am the most shyest, most outgoing person you'll ever meet! One day, one day.......

Re: OT-Hoodoo Gurus
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2008 12:20

Stoneage Romeos was one of the best albums of the 80s. Saw them around 87 in London and boy did they rock. Not heard them for nearly 20 years though so no idea if they're still up to scratch. Mars Needs Guitars wasn't a bad album either.

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: September 2, 2008 13:35

Some great bands came out of Oz at that time. Hoodoo Gurus were great along with the Lime Spiders, Celibate Rifles, Ed Kuepper and many many more

Andy

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 2, 2008 13:51

Let's not forget the greatNew Zeland bands who were also around at the time like The Chills, The Verlaines, The Stones (yes, really) and The Clean/Great Unwashed.
The DJ for the Stones shows at Wembley 1990 even memorably played The Chills' great Oncoming Day before Mick and the boys came for all the shows.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 2, 2008 18:11

I thought this was a thread about Voodoo Lounge outtakes.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 2, 2008 18:20

Yeah I saw them in 1987 too. I miss them.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: September 3, 2008 01:36

The Hoodoos are very much still around as they played at the Prince band room in Melbourne last Friday night. I was supposed to be going but missed the gig, my mate went and said they were great but extremely loud! A new album is being recorded according to Dave Faulkner.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home