Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Celebrating 'Goats Head Soup' - 35 Years Old
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 6, 2008 03:14

35 years, eh?

God it's just so @#$%& good.

Posted by: DocL ()
Date: September 6, 2008 10:38

What Natlanta says.

My Mom bought me that for Christmas the year it came out!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 6, 2008 19:09

I remember being 13 and hearing Heartbreaker on the radio. I never did hear the name of it or the album it was on. Then out came Undercover Of The Night, with all the doo-doo-doo-doo's in it. So I somehow lumped Heartbreaker with Undercover and bought that record.

I was surprised ti wasn't on there. Undaunted, I finally asked a friend of mine one day on the bus about Heartbreaker. Goats Head Soup was the 3rd Stones album I ever bought (Tattoo You, Undercover). I listened to both of them constantly. To this day, when I play Undercover Of The Night I can still hear where the vinyl record skipped. And of course I love GHS.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 6, 2008 19:38

I'm really enjoying Dancing So Free these days (thanks S!). I don't like "remasters" of albums, unauthorized or authorized....the best sound is just about always to be found on the original vinyls. But just like Dylans "Street Legal" - which was remixed and re-released a few years back....Goats Head Soup needed a facelift. Don't care for the Mickboys remasters....but Dancing So Free is a terrific listen - as of now, anyway. Rolling Stones should consider remixing it, themselves....so should Ronnie with his Gimme Some Neck album - as the mix of that one doesn't serve the album justice, either.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 6, 2008 21:55

Never heard the cd version of Gimme Some Neck Erik, but LP sounds great (my favorite Ronnie album)

Agree with you about Dancing So Free, that's the one Mickboy I like.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home