Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards & winos question
Posted by: kinoliksmith ()
Date: August 28, 2008 14:48

Couple of months back I read here that Keith Richards will re-unite with the expensive winos.So does any of you have any updates on that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 17:48 by bv.

Re: Hi
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:17

Hello !

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:18

kinoliksmith
Couple of months back I read here that Keith Richards will re-unite with the expensive winos.So does any of you have any updates on that?

he's busy filming a Charlton Heston biopic, at the moment.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:23

hello Sunny.

I have been reliably informed that Keith has been reading a book on botany in his library for the last three months.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:24

Gazza
hello Sunny.

I have been reliably informed that Keith has been reading a book on botany in his library for the last three months.

That must have been an extremely thick book.smiling smiley

Date: August 28, 2008 15:27

It's not helped by the fact that he keeps falling off the stool every time he goes to put it back on the shelf....drinking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:31

Yes Indeed, and they will be rehearsing here in Puerto Rico, l also heard that Mick Taylor will be joining them....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:31

kinoliksmith

Yup, it's definitely happening. Gazza sent me a carrier parrot with the tour dates. Unfortunately, I was listening to my Ozzy albums backwards and bit the bird's head off before it had a chance to tell me the dates.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:23

Hi Sunny!
Keith's in his library right now, drawing charcoal pictures of his two new, lovely black puppies...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:31

lets hope the winos are on hold because i would much rather see stones activity,
nothing personal to the winos

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:47

To cut a long story short, I don't think there will be any Keith Richards solo tour this year or next year.

Bjornulf

Date: August 28, 2008 17:49

..or any year

Re: Keith Richards & winos question
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:52

Keith can hardly be bothered to play with the Stones while on stage anymore. I doubt anything else will ever happen.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:00

there's more chance of The Beatles reforming.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:24

Give Keith a break.
He's writing his memoirs (to be published in 2010 methinks)...or at least his ghost writer is...

Date: August 28, 2008 19:16

skipstone
Keith can hardly be bothered to play with the Stones while on stage anymore. I doubt anything else will ever happen.

Even though I agree with you, you are about to be tarred and feathered. Don't you know you can't speak of that here?

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: August 28, 2008 20:47

Not going to happen, probably ever. Keith has no interest, although the other members do.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2008 20:51

All over now?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 28, 2008 20:53

Keith's daughter Alex recently stated in an interview that her Dad has taken up painting as the Stones are on hold for awhile. Chuck Leavell allegedly told a Stones fan the band might work together for their 50th Anniversary in 2012 if everyone is healthy. Seems a bit strange for him to say after the buzz about a new studio album being in the pipeline with their recently-announced recording contract with Interscope/Polydor. Sadly, Winos activity is just something Keith says to stave off questions of what he is doing during downtime. He does see a Wino or two for the odd session work or guest spot at a charity gig or at Waddy's LA club gigs, but he hasn't seriously pursued his solo career since Feb. 1993 when he was 49. Not too likely to get back in gear at this point.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:41

Clone technology could help keith. 5 complete clone bands could be touring at the same time around the world and GOULOU GOULOU LE POGNON QUI RENTRE A FLOT!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 28, 2008 21:55

all keith does these days is sit back and wait for that call from mick, not that theres anything wrong with that

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 28, 2008 22:02

Great job!

Date: August 28, 2008 22:54

Ah ha ha ha ha, tarred and feathered. There are a few of us here that toss of remarks about Keith like that every so often. Sometimes it is just for shits and giggles - like that one.

Eh - it's only been ONE year since they finished the Bang shows. Goddamn, they deserve a break. I for one would be elated if Keith fired the Winos up for one last go 'round. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, oh well.

As is the way, we need to wait and see what happens. Obviously nobody here truly knows what Mick and Keith are doing/planning right now. With Ronnie in rehab not being a factor for a new record so much, who knows if they have worked on anything.

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: August 28, 2008 23:14

Keith's days are just: wake up around 3 pm, have breakfast with a screwdriver, smoke a few joints with a screwdriver, play some guitar with a screwdriver, sit in the sun with a screwdriver, eat shepherd's pie with a screwdriver, smoke a few more with a screwdriver, and then he goes to bed with a glass of warm milk. One day, Mick calls and says: 'How about we...' 'OKAY!' Keith says, and we're happy again.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Date: August 28, 2008 23:15

I think at some point he dips into the tool kit as well....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 28, 2008 23:34

Keith's normal private life is very different from Keith public life. At home he is an "ordinary" grandfather in his library reading books, collecting stuff, having dinners with his family, going to the Caribean winter time, and some odd appearances like protesting for St Richards hospital and so on.

Picture from the IORR magazine no. 59 of April 2008

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2008 00:14

have breakfast with a screwdriver, smoke a few joints with a screwdriver, play some guitar with a screwdriver, sit in the sun with a screwdriver, eat shepherd's pie with a screwdriver, smoke a few more with a screwdriver

Wow!! Either Keef's watchin too much Bob The Builder with the
grand kids or that home of his home in Connecticut has a lotta loose hinges

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 29, 2008 00:45

Rockman
have breakfast with a screwdriver, smoke a few joints with a screwdriver, play some guitar with a screwdriver, sit in the sun with a screwdriver, eat shepherd's pie with a screwdriver, smoke a few more with a screwdriver

Wow!! Either Keef's watchin too much Bob The Builder with the
grand kids or that home of his home in Connecticut has a lotta loose hinges

OK, all you Photoshop geniuses - let's see Keef The Builder!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 29, 2008 00:49

If the Rolling Stones wait for another 2 years maybe the crew has to bring them up in wheelchairs.confused smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 29, 2008 01:24

He's not painting, he's drawing - charcoal. (Seriously)

Meanwhile - his daughters are busy partying and modelling. And, fortunately - going back to school.

[img2.timeinc.net]

[cache.daylife.com]

[cache.daylife.com]

[www.famegame.com]

[www.famegame.com]

[www.famegame.com]

[www.famegame.com]

[www.zimbio.com]

[www.zimbio.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home