Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Ultimate BIG LEBOWSKI Quiz (for experts only)
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 26, 2008 07:28

The new Rolling Stone Mag has a big article on The 10th anniversary of this wonderful film. Here's a quiz, partly made up by me, partly taken from the magazine. If you're a fan of the film let's see how well you do..... (Stones related question first)....

1. Getting the rights to DEAD FLOWERS (Towne Van Zandt's cover version played at the end of the film) was near impossible. Allen Klein wanted a not possible $150,000.00 for it's usage in the film. What event changed everything instantly as Klein gave it to them for free?

2. Who was the first choice for "The Dude"? (this person didn't seem to show much interest so they moved on to Jeff Bridges)

3. Who came up with the idea of using Bob Dylan's very obscure song "The Man In Me" from NEW MORNING?

4. What's the Dude's favorite alcohol drink in the film?

5. How many of these drinks does he consume in the film?

6. Which rock tour was the Dude a Roadie on?

7. First scene has the Dude shopping in his bathrobe in the middle of the night. What's he shopping for?

8. He writes a check/cheque for his purchase - what's the date he puts on the check?

9. Which big time, major musician/singer did Jeff Bridges run into that was less than happy with the film and gave Bridges a ton of sh*t about it?

10. BIG LEBOWSKI II - if it does happen in 1 or 2 sentences what's the basic story line and who's the central character?

BONUS QUESTION. What fast food place does the Dude, Walter, and Donny stop at after visiting the kid who's homework page they found in Dude's car?

DOUBLE BONUS - What was the kid's dad doing when Walter and Dude came in the house for a visit?

A couple easy ones a couple super difficult ones but I bet no one get's all of them.

New 10th Anniversary 2 DVD edition comes out September 9th with a lot of extras

Re: OT: The Ultimate BIG LEBOWSKI Quiz (for experts only)
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 26, 2008 08:07

1. sticky fingers was on the new label so he wouldn't have the rights to that song right?

4. White Russian (Kaluah)

6. He was a roadie for Metalica ... i dont know what tour

7. Milk

BONUS In N OUT

DOUBLE BONUS... He was in an iron lung .. I dont remmeber anything else he could have been doing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-26 08:09 by ryanpow.

Date: August 26, 2008 08:37

All Good Ryanpow except for #1 - Klein did have the rights to DEAD FLOWERS (Sticky Fingers is a weird album, 3 songs are in GIMME SHELTER - that makes them Klein's right there cause of the date I believe) but something really bizarre (and funny) happened that made him drop the price and give it away - very un-business like to say the least. Let's see if anybody gets it (that's one of the hard ones) good job !!! (a couple of these are near impossible, I just learned about them)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 26, 2008 08:51

Answer to # 1: he saw the scene where the dude says: "C'mon man...I HATE the Eagles!"

Date: August 26, 2008 10:38

JACKPOT !!!, you got it Justin !!! He saw that "EAGLES" scene in a rough cut of the film, loved it so much he just said, "you can use DEAD FLOWERS for free"....(oh-oh, got the new Rolling Stone already I suspect) - GOOD ONE !!!

Date: August 26, 2008 21:13

come on, there's a lot of LEBOWSKI nuts on here, give the quiz a go boys and girls......You can do it

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 26, 2008 21:19

Other than the ones that have already been answered, I don't know. I must have had too many White Russians. Great film, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-26 21:32 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 26, 2008 21:31

Well I'm guessing #9 is Glen Frey?..........maybe Don Henley?

Date: August 27, 2008 00:16

Good one Lukester !!! - #9 is GLEN FREY and he was VERY UNHAPPY about the negative attitude towards THE EAGLES in the movie.... I'll give you one (since without the new Rolling Stone this one is impossible to know or would just be a wild lucky guess) #2 MEL GIBSON

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 27, 2008 00:50

#5: eight, but he never finishes them

#6: Metallica, Speed Of Sound tour ( "bunch of assh*les" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-27 00:51 by Tornandfrayed.

Date: August 27, 2008 04:15

okay, for #10 I'm just shooting from the hip here......John Goodman's character is the central character. The story line is that some bungling organized crime guys confuse him with Lebowski (Jeff Bridges character), who unwittingly crosses them when he tries to return a lost cell phone belonging to their crime boss....hence Goodman's character becomes the "Big Lebowski." I'm just saying

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: August 27, 2008 05:57

1 Klein agrred with Eagles quip 2 Mel Gibson 3 T Bone Burnett 4 White Russian 5 9 6 Metallica Speed of Sound 7 half/half 8 9/11 8 Glen Frey 9 The Jesus and his story 10 In and Out 11 Iron lung breathing
Here's a couple for you:
From which foot was Bunny's toe cut off?
Who sang the song during the Treehorn beach party sequence?

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: August 27, 2008 06:06

roryg
From which foot was Bunny's toe cut off?

Wasn't it on her right foot? Didn't the camera zoom in on her foot as it was on the gas pedal?

Date: August 27, 2008 06:39

Neither, the toe came from Aimee Mann's nihilist

Date: August 27, 2008 08:28

The Treehorn beach party scene......Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Dimension?

Posted by: douwew ()
Date: August 27, 2008 11:03

1. Getting the rights to DEAD FLOWERS (Towne Van Zandt's cover version played at the end of the film) was near impossible. Allen Klein wanted a not possible $150,000.00 for it's usage in the film. What event changed everything instantly as Klein gave it to them for free?

2. Who was the first choice for "The Dude"? (this person didn't seem to show much interest so they moved on to Jeff Bridges)

3. Who came up with the idea of using Bob Dylan's very obscure song "The Man In Me" from NEW MORNING?

4. What's the Dude's favorite alcohol drink in the film?

White Russian

5. How many of these drinks does he consume in the film?

Plenty

6. Which rock tour was the Dude a Roadie on?

metallica speed of light tour; bunch of @#$%&

7. First scene has the Dude shopping in his bathrobe in the middle of the night. What's he shopping for?

Milk

8. He writes a check/cheque for his purchase - what's the date he puts on the check?

Don't know; but a few days before the kuwait/Golf war

9. Which big time, major musician/singer did Jeff Bridges run into that was less than happy with the film and gave Bridges a ton of sh*t about it?

10. BIG LEBOWSKI II - if it does happen in 1 or 2 sentences what's the basic story line and who's the central character?

BONUS QUESTION. What fast food place does the Dude, Walter, and Donny stop at after visiting the kid who's homework page they found in Dude's car?

IN&OUT Burger

DOUBLE BONUS - What was the kid's dad doing when Walter and Dude came in the house for a visit?

Lying inside a iron lung

Posted by: jeff14 ()
Date: August 27, 2008 12:09

#3 T-Bone Burnett
#7 Half and Half

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 27, 2008 18:41

Well the Eagles do suck - Glenn Frey can go fu*ck himself.

Date: August 27, 2008 19:29

Yma Sumac at the beach party scene

Date: August 27, 2008 19:32

I have a good question ( I don't know the answser). The guy who was in the iron lung was a writer for an old TV show . What was the TV show?

Posted by: douwew ()
Date: August 27, 2008 20:08

Branded!!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 27, 2008 21:52

Not exactly a lightweight and yet his son is a f*cking dunce.

Date: August 27, 2008 22:32

....he's failing math

Date: August 28, 2008 06:36

is this your homework Larry?

Posted by: jeff14 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 11:46

What was the name of the supermarket where The Dude got his half and half?
How much did he write the check for?
"What the **** is this?"
"Obviously you're not a golfer."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home