Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Jimmy Page to close Beijing Olympics
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 27, 2008 06:12

sweetcharmedlife
I'd rather listen to Jimmy play than Allison Krauss sing...But that's just me.

...and me too. In fact I was hoping he would do a 30 minute solo on an E string.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 27, 2008 06:18

I think that the whole episode of that bus thing was a complete bunch of rubbish. That Page and Lewis song was way out of place and IMO ruined what should have been an olympic swan song for the Chinese. I wondered aloud why this was even included. I realize the London handoff for 2012 but they overdid it with the theatrics. Using "Whole Lotta Love" made no sense at all. It was embarrassing and stupid.

What about that fat mayor of London that resembles Chris Matthews. Could this guy find the time to button his jacket and tuck in his shirt before attempting to wave an olympic flag in front of millions of people? The purple tie will get the Brits into GQ's October edition.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 27, 2008 12:05

The Sicilian
I think that the whole episode of that bus thing was a complete bunch of rubbish. That Page and Lewis song was way out of place and IMO ruined what should have been an olympic swan song for the Chinese. I wondered aloud why this was even included. I realize the London handoff for 2012 but they overdid it with the theatrics. Using "Whole Lotta Love" made no sense at all. It was embarrassing and stupid.

What about that fat mayor of London that resembles Chris Matthews. Could this guy find the time to button his jacket and tuck in his shirt before attempting to wave an olympic flag in front of millions of people? The purple tie will get the Brits into GQ's October edition.

Couldn't agree more. It was altogether out of place - the Chinese press was not very complimentary about it or about our mayor's performance. No surprises there - he's a total clown and buffoon.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:51

Beast
The Sicilian

Couldn't agree more. It was altogether out of place - the Chinese press was not very complimentary about it or about our mayor's performance. No surprises there - he's a total clown and buffoon.

Beast,

Don't feel lonely, we Americans have more than plenty of our share of goof mayors in our cities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 03:05 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:26

The Sicilian
Beast
The Sicilian

Beast,

Don't feel lonely, we Americans have more than plenty of our share of goof mayors in our cities.

Ain't that the truth. San Francisco has had it's share of goofy mayor's for sure.

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:07

I AGREE WITH YOU,JIMMY PAGE IS JIMMY PAGE, STILL A GREAT MUSICIAN AND I TOLD IN THAT POST THAT I LOVE JIMMY PAGE, I GOT A LOT OF HIS WORK AND I WAS LUCKY & HONOURED TO GO TO SOME CONCERT WHEN HE DID PAGE PLANT TOUR IN THE 90s.
WHAT I WROTE WAS A SORT OF A JOKE... MAYBE NOT APPRECIATED.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRITTEN IN FRENCH, AND I SUPPOSE TO BE HAPPY OF THIS FACT.
Bye
SALUTE YOUR WIFE.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 28, 2008 18:59

black limousine
SALUTE YOUR dWIFE.
I do everyday limo!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home