Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Jimmy Page to close Beijing Olympics
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 23, 2008 11:59

Supposedly closing Olympics with Whole Lotta Love

[www.starpulse.com]

Re: Jimmy Page to close Beijing Olympics
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 23, 2008 12:30

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 13:24 by vudicus.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 23, 2008 15:36

I think the likelihood of Page touring with Zep - or anyone else for that matter - is slim. He's practically in semi-retirement and such one' off's as this are probably the most he'll muster these days.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 23, 2008 15:46

OK, I will sure watch Mr. Jimmy performing, but why in Beijing Olympics? I mean, [news.bbc.co.uk] - not sure if the link is the best - but if Spielberg can boycott Olympics, Jimmy could do it as well.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: August 23, 2008 16:19

Dont be so sure the Zep reunion is dead. Jason Bonham on one of our classic rock stations here in Detroit.

He is quitting Foreiner after this tour, has been colaborating with Page and Jones. Says hes taking some time off to finally be able to watch his kids grow up and just in case hes gets very busy for the next couple years

He kind of hinted that he may be saying things he shouldnt. download and listen!!

[my.wcsx.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 23, 2008 16:22

I don't have time for Olympics held in a "country" that sucks and I don't care about Jimmy Page so much - so what's the big deal? He did that thing with P Diddy or whatever and that was terrible - why is anyone surprised!!!????

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 23, 2008 16:26

Big Al
I think the likelihood of Page touring with Zep - or anyone else for that matter - is slim. He's practically in semi-retirement and such one' off's as this are probably the most he'll muster these days.

Page wanted a Zeppelin tour. He says he can do it. Like someone else said, he and Jones should give up waiting for Plant, find a singer, put Jason on drums, and get the hell out there and give us our Led Zeppelin show before everyone is dead.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 23, 2008 16:32

skipstone
He did that thing with P Diddy or whatever and that was terrible

Don't forget about the terrible thing The Rolling Stones did with Justin Timberlake in 2003.

Date: August 23, 2008 16:36

Well The Rolling Stones aren't closing the Olympics now are they? They would never do something so lame as that.

For some reason, they do lame things on their actual tours - Dave Mattttthewwws, Christina Agulosa....and why they did that thing with little Backstreet Boy in Toronto I'll never know but that was terrible.

So the Stones don't do those embarrassing things on a national level...except when they release it on record or say, I dunno, some kind of movie...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 23, 2008 16:41

skipstone
Well The Rolling Stones aren't closing the Olympics now are they? They would never do something so lame as that.

Actually, there WAS some talk about Mick wanting the Stones to perform at the 1984 Olympics. I think the only reason they didn't do it is that it would have been too much of a pain in the ass to put one show like that together when they weren't already in the middle of a tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2008 18:35

They played halftime at the Superbowl which is much cheesier than the Olympics.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 23, 2008 18:49

sadly for Jimmy. he has no musical life outside of Zeppelin

whilst Plant goes out and continues to make great music (with whoever he hooks up with) all Jimmy can do is dream about Zeppelin getting back together

he needs to get a life

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 23, 2008 18:51

You may want to do a little research.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 23, 2008 19:03

A nice closer at the Olympics would be Jeff Beck doing his version of "A Day in the Life".

To go with China's theme, Jimmy Page could do "Trampled Under Foot"

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 23, 2008 19:50

andy js
sadly for Jimmy. he has no musical life outside of Zeppelin

whilst Plant goes out and continues to make great music (with whoever he hooks up with) all Jimmy can do is dream about Zeppelin getting back together

he needs to get a life

Maybe he just doesn't want to do anything else. And he doesn't have to, the man is a multi-millionaire. I've seen pictures of his houses and his smokin' hot wife, I think his life is just fine and he's probably enjoying the hell out of it.

Date: August 23, 2008 19:51

tatters
Big Al

Page wanted a Zeppelin tour. He says he can do it. Like someone else said, he and Jones should give up waiting for Plant, find a singer, put Jason on drums, and get the hell out there and give us our Led Zeppelin show before everyone is dead.

I agree, as long as they don't call it Led Zeppelin. Page Jones Bonham, maybe? Kind of has a ring to it.

Date: August 23, 2008 19:59

P B & J

OR

Just call themselves Peanut Butter and Jelly. grinning smiley

Date: August 23, 2008 20:14

Bingo
P B & J

OR

Just call themselves Peanut Butter and Jelly. grinning smiley

They could tour with the Strawberry Alarm Clock and Bread. That would make one hell of a sandwich.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 23, 2008 22:11

skipstone
I don't have time for Olympics held in a "country" that sucks

That comment is way our of line skipstone. Whatever you think of the Chinese goverment, its policies have nothing to do with the country (or its people)

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 23, 2008 23:28

ChrisM
skipstone
I don't have time for Olympics held in a "country" that sucks

That comment is way our of line skipstone. Whatever you think of the Chinese goverment, its policies have nothing to do with the country (or its people)

Nor does it devalue the efforts of the medal winners.

Date: August 23, 2008 23:49

> That comment is way our of line skipstone. Whatever you think of the Chinese goverment, its policies have nothing to do with the country (or its people)

I think it does.
Sorry, they are sick!

I understand different culture and all, but this Tibet thing shows how out of their minds they seem to are. OK OK bv, no more comments like that - just couldn't help myself.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 24, 2008 00:55

naughty naughty skipstone, maybe we should lock you up for 10 years for such public propaganda....

I think this PAGE thing in CHINA for the OLYMPICS of 2008 is a BEAUTIFUL Idea - this would be my dream set list - ROCK ON JIMMY !!!!

1 BLACK DOG
2 HOT DOG
3 ROVER
4 STRIDER (name of Plant's dog) - unreleased, only on bootleg

Encore: (dedicated to the "Land of Snow")
TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT
SONG REMAINS THE SAME
OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY
IN MY TIME OF DYING

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-24 00:59 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Kick Jaggards ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:01

Amused
> That comment is way our of line skipstone. Whatever you think of the Chinese goverment, its policies have nothing to do with the country (or its people)

I think it does.
Sorry, they are sick!

I understand different culture and all, but this Tibet thing shows how out of their minds they seem to are. OK OK bv, no more comments like that - just couldn't help myself.

I think the US being in Iraq is a lot sicker. And their war machine is doing some very sick things in Afghanistan as well.

Date: August 24, 2008 01:21

Kick, there are lots of sick things in the world, I just think if we can't focus on Tibet now and help them, when will be a better time?
But we're going 1) offtopic, 2) against bv's policy here. winking smiley

Posted by: Kick Jaggards ()
Date: August 24, 2008 03:42

Amused
Kick, there are lots of sick things in the world, I just think if we can't focus on Tibet now and help them, when will be a better time?
But we're going 1) offtopic, 2) against bv's policy here. winking smiley

You'll have to excuse my ignorance Amused, I didn't realize you were helping Tibet. It looked to me like you were just running down China. So sorry.

These reports about the American military indiscriminately killing civilians in Afghanistan must be wrong anyway because last week US president Bush, while lecturing Russia, said that in the 21st century nations don't invade other nations. So the US army wouldn't be in Iraq or Afghanistan anyway, right?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 24, 2008 09:27

Tibet has been occupied for over 50 years by China and because the Olympics are being hosted by China it is suddenly "fashionable" to be supportive of Tibetan independence. Where were you in 1950, 60, 70 and so on? There are far worse injustices being perpetrated in the world today, take your pick. Yet the voices of outrage and indignation here are silent about them, Spare me your outrage about China and focus your energies where they can "really" make a difference.

Now, to keep this on topic, I think it's cool that Jimmy Page will be part of the closing ceremonies. I mean, who besides Britain's sports and music personalities can best represent Blidy at such an event? Gordon Brown? Bugger me if that's the case!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-24 20:29 by ChrisM.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 24, 2008 11:53

I don't know what Led Zep sales are like in China but I expect they'll sell truckloads after Jimmy's appearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-24 12:11 by terraplane.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 24, 2008 12:22

Its for thr handover to London, but as Mrs Phlegm said they picked the wrong song. should be LONDON CALLING

Date: August 24, 2008 17:03

Hey now...I know what I said was loaded and I know it's got nothing to do whatsoever with the actual Olympians...and I did it for shits and giggles...but it is just that, what I said, how I feel about China. I didn't say it for debate or anything, it was in regards to the Olympics. It's just a reason for not watching them (yet alone I haven't had time). The damn NBC people couldn't even say Beijing right as it was forever.

Nor did I say it to get locked up for 10 years. Or to piss off bv. And then y'all go off about other things political - so who is the one that is wrong and out of place here? You hypocrites!

I think the Stones doing the Super Bowl is a lot cooler than doing the Olympics. If they had closed the Olympics this year with Phelps standing around and they did Satisfaction, I wonder who would use that as a platform for 1. Phelps wasn't given enough races to win more and 2. the people who did not win gold, silver or bronze certainly could sing along without a hint of irony at all....

Date: August 24, 2008 17:22

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home