Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The O2 Shows Began One Year Ago Today
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:04

cant believe no one has posted on this yet, so ...

a great fun Stones WEEK in London, most Stones shows I have ever seen together in one sitting/setting in one location

Besides the shows, got to hang and drink with a number of ya at the Pilot, was great to finally meet a number of folks

second show best Stones show I have ever seen

successfully videotaped the entire first show plus Tim Ries Stones Project show plus the activity outside Simpsons after the final show (still the last Stones show as of this date) which included Ronnie leaving and Mick ariving

partially videotaped the other two shows with a "hidden" detached video lense attached to a pair of very thick eye glasses frames

highlight of the week -- spilled Gazza's beer straight onto Rockman's lap

forgetting some, theres more, but lets get this thread started

your memories of the O2 week . . . . .

(I should note that with these fotos, I don't know which ones were taken on which night, maybe some of u can help -- this due to some "technical issues" - my daughter erased my entire camera card for which she paid with her life, almost, was able to get it "restored")

The Plexiglass

Re: The O2 Shows Began One Year Ago Today
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:12

Memory 1: Sleep, lack of.

Memory 2: All the rest... a great week!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:29

Great pics plexiglass!

...and plenty of handsome, beautful people.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:48

Erik Snow & Adrian-L, discussing setlists, hair implants and whisky, outside
the Pilot Inn, one year ago.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:55

Keith & Ronnie striding out onto the O2 stage to open the show on the 23rd.

I had thought all summer that the 21st (good as it was) was the only date I could make. Then about a week beforehand, I found that I wasn't Otherwise Engaged on the 23rd after all, and some "restricted view" tickets appeared online at the last minute. I was too busy being blown away by the show to take many pictures, but the above shows you just how "restricted" (NOT) that view was!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:01

Gazza, Partydoll Meg, Adrian-L, pre-show The Pilot Inn

...and what i spent most of that glorious week, drinking.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:06

Adrian-L

Erik Snow & Adrian-L, discussing setlists, hair implants and whisky, outside
the Pilot Inn, one year ago.

Looks like you two are getting down to some serious meditating, especially as you've each taken up the lotus position.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:19

Great week, great shows and great meeting everyone in The Pilot Inn. A year ago? Where does the time go??

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:28

three years ago today ABB tour began in Boston... I was there !!!

Man, does time fly...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:34

I was thinking before that it was the 1st anniversary of the o2 gigs! I can't believe it was a year ago that we got 'Beast Of Burden' 'Respectable' 'Let It Bleed and 'Rocks Off'! Sat in Block A3, row F with Dave (StraycatUK) and it's his birthday too. He spilled beer down a womans neck in front of us, not once but twice! Happy, happy days. Hope everyone's doing good. I've still got around £1000 of shares stashed away from the missus for next time, here's hoping anyway. Ben.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:35

A fantastic week it was with my pals TM and salar!

Here´s my personal souvenir from those shows (ripped off the wall
right inside the O2):

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 21, 2008 23:37

i wanted to show muy photos here but it doesn't work

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-21 23:43 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 22, 2008 00:38

That camera lens mounted on the eye glasses. Stealth, quite stealth indeed. I saw the O2 flying into London and thought it was a Porcupine. Excellent venue.

CBII

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 22, 2008 00:47

"Erik Snow & Adrian-L, discussing setlists, hair implants and whisky, outside
the Pilot Inn, one year ago."

You both must have rather good hair implants by the photo's??

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 22, 2008 01:45

i was there on the sunday at the 02, came all the way from glasgow on easyjet, spent day in london and couldnt find the pilot inn.

that was the one big dissapointment.

otherwise seeing the stones in london was a dream come true.

love to do it again some day.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2008 02:06

Great pics, Tim and everyone else

Tim - cant help with the concert pix but your Pilot Inn photos come from the Sunday night (26/8/07)

That pub should have been giving us all loyalty cards for turning up on the Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday - plus those of us who were there on Friday (or in some cases Saturday) before the Prince gig. Thankfully it stayed dry.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 22, 2008 02:37

Did the Stones like the O2 ?
I guess they did - well, in 2 weeks time, Berlin will also have a O2 arena.
Hope to see them there, hopefully in the near future.

one good thing about it - it's only a stone throw away from my place

looked like this in may:

first band there will be Metallica with a record release.....uhm, not for me though.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 22, 2008 07:07

Time flies.

I remember all of it very well: Sitting at the airport in Århus waiting to get on board the plane. My fear of a plane crash. Seeing the shore of England and feeling like a pioneer. Having trouble finding Gazza at The Anchor on Saturday night. Drinking with Gazza, PartyDollMEG, SweetVirginia, Egon (A real good-time guy) and others. Going to the pub that was open only to us (Owned by a very, very nice bloke called Mark). Smoking in an English pub after the smoking ban had started (I loved that). Doing a group video for RocksOff.org. Going by tube to the O2 pretty early. Walking to the Pilot Inn (I think I was the first one there). Paparazzing Adrian-L and his wife as they came across the big grass field in front of the Pilot. Meeting tons of nice people that I never thought I'd ever meet (Erik Snow, TimBernadis, AduTulipson, Stargroves, Rockman etc. etc. etc.). Calling MickJaggeroo, but unfortunately not meeting with them as I did in Horsens '06. Sitting in the sun and just having the best of times. Walking into the O2 while stuffing my crotch with a camera (That turned a few heads). Seeing the gig and feeling that it was so awesome and the level of appreciation of it all. Going to Abbey Road with my older brother watching me on the road crossing from the Abbey Road webcam. Coming home and not being able to get my arms down for weeks (Still not entirely down).

I remember it all as it was yesterday.
We'll do it again on the next tour. Whenever they play England, I'll be there.

Oh and I must still point out my appreciation to Gazza for getting me the ticket. This will follow me as long as I live, and he's the guy who made it happen. Thank you Gaz. Gold rings on you.

smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2008 11:43

Great memories, espiecally meeting some of the people from the forum. Cant wait for the next uk concerts and this time i will make more time to hopefully meet up again.

I wished i could have been there for the first show, because i enjoyed the thursday so much and would have to put it in my top five, as apparently the first show was supposedly better than this.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 22, 2008 12:03

Thanks for posting those photos and memories Tim and Adrian-L. Great to know what everyone looks like. I'm at work right now but will post some of my shots when I get home. I had my best ever Stones seat - middle of row 8 in the front Arena and smuggled my trusty Canon in.

The second night was absolutely terrific - the version of Midnight Rambler thundered, chugged and rolled like the midnight special leaving Virginia for the promised land. Boy, were they on fire that night. Unfortunately me and the gang were expecting the best set list of all time for the final night and were left a little disappointed by the lack of imagination for the set list. But that's showbiz for ya. And your DVD of the show is staggering. I shot one of the nights during the Neil Young shows at Hammersmith in March and got some great close up footage so I'm hoping to link up with anyone else to put together a similarly edited masterpiece.

And Tim, you're a regular James Bond secret agent man. Those glasses are too much. Be careful next time that Spectre, Smersh or even Thrush don't trail you.

Really hope to meet up with you IORRs next time the Stones play London. All the best - SD.

Here's a few of my shots.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-22 12:28 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 22, 2008 12:26

Silver dagger exactly my thoughts, espeically midnight rambler, remember turning round to my mrs and saying thats one of the best versions i have heard.

I take it there must be decent dvd copies of the thursday concert?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 22, 2008 13:17

'Dia dhuit a chairde' (Howdy!)

What a weekend that was - Prince on August 25th at the 02, The Rolling Stones on the 26th, magnificent, some wonderful memories. Meeting Ronnie Wood the day before the Slane show, Slane concert itself, then the 02 extravaganza a week later, never to be forgotten.

The Meet-Up at the Pilot Inn was very cool, the 'stones family' in attendance from near and far, graciously got my ticket for the 8th row near the stage from a Toronto stones fanatic, fantastic show!

Can't believe it is one year ago, time waits for no-one...

Memories are made of this

Date: August 22, 2008 13:45

odean73
Silver dagger exactly my thoughts, espeically midnight rambler, remember turning round to my mrs and saying thats one of the best versions i have heard.

I take it there must be decent dvd copies of the thursday concert?

I think Tim's our man odean73. I think I read somewhere that he shot all three nights. They should put out the second too. A lot of people really dug that one and it may have been one of the best nights of the tour.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 22, 2008 13:54

Hey, there are so many phantastic pics! Thank you for sharing!

Date: August 22, 2008 14:14

Ouch! No wonder Mick is grimacing - that finger just poked his little red rooster. Nice pic Tim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-22 14:15 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: August 22, 2008 16:44

great photos and memories. i can see myself in the group shot at the pilot inn. i'm standing outside the door. that photo was taken on the 23rd. thanks!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 22, 2008 19:02

What great shows. Seems like yesterday. Mick, Keith and Charlie were oustanding Stones.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 22, 2008 19:13

A pleasure to met the gang once more....Rockman, Adrian, Gazza, Adotulipson, Kentflash, Silkcut, odeon73, Marquess, with.......and so many others, I'm afraid to leave somebody out - so I'll just stop there. Hope there'll be another round at Pilot Inn. Think I owe Adrian, Rockman and Gazza a drink or 2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-22 19:29 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2008 19:19

I'll be back....eeer 3 actually...One for each kidney and one for the tongue

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 22, 2008 19:35

See you next summer at Savoy, Rockman!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-22 19:44 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home