Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT Gary Glitter leaves Nam prison
Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: August 20, 2008 18:49

The Glitter victims were 11 and 12. Mandy Smith was 13 (when Wyman met and started "grooming" her: don't think we know for a fact he started sleeping with her for a year or two after). Not a huge difference though so people who say they think Glitter should be put down should question why they don't feel the same way about Bill.

"There's a BIG difference between under-age CONSENSUAL sex & rape / molestation." I was under the impression that Glitter didn't actually "rape" these girls but on the other hand I don't think you can condone "consensual" sex with an 11, 12 or 13 year old as they are still children and therefore not in a position to give consent or necessarily even understand the consequences.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 20, 2008 18:51

His Majesty
Sleepy City
There's a BIG difference between under-age CONSENSUAL sex & rape / molestation. Personally I have nothing against anyone who are post-puberty having sex with whoever they want; otherwise I'd have a big problem with Bill Wyman, Jerry Lee Lewis & Jimmy Page...as well as the lyrics Jagger wrote for 'Stray Cat Blues'!

We have to admit to ourselves that it's highly likely that many of our musical heroes have screwed underage girls during tours etc, I bet the list for those who have is a lot longer than those who haven't.

For the stones perhaps only Charlie is the only one who hasn't, but the quiet ones are the ones to watch. winking smiley

And let's also remember that "underage" means different things in different countries. Many Americans find the thought of sex with a 16-year-old as disgusting as the Bristish think of sex with a 14-year-old.

Date: August 20, 2008 18:54

Tseverin

"There's a BIG difference between under-age CONSENSUAL sex & rape / molestation." I was under the impression that Glitter didn't actually "rape" these girls but on the other hand I don't think you can condone "consensual" sex with an 11, 12 or 13 year old as they are still children and therefore not in a position to give consent or necessarily even understand the consequences.

As I've stated above, many Americans think of 17-year-olds as children...

While of course we need laws (or at least legal guidelines), the fact remains that some people reach "adulthood" (both emotionally & physically) long before others.

While I don't condone anything Gary Glitter has done (apart from a few of his records!), there's no doubt that there's a big witch hunt against him from the media.

Date: August 20, 2008 18:56

On the other hand Jerry Lee Lewis was allowed to legally marry a 13 year old (& a cousin) in the US and was widely reviled at the time for this in the UK.

Date: August 20, 2008 18:58

Tseverin
On the other hand Jerry Lee Lewis was allowed to legally marry a 13 year old (& a cousin) in the US and was widely reviled at the time for this in the UK.

Yes, but these days American law (at least in most states) state that a person must be 18 to have sex.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 20, 2008 19:01

Yes, the age of consent is different depending on where you are and that throws up a whole host of potential issues.

This kind of subject has been talked about over at a led zeppelin forum and over there I said that underage sex is the 'real' darkside of rock & roll that most people would probably not want to know too much about what their heroes have really been up to.

Bill Wyman's, Mandy Smith saga is rather incredible, certainly makes me feel uneasy, if he'd been the average Joe next door, he'd probably have been hung by the locals.

Sadly due to extreme poverty etc Thailand, the Philippines etc have a large problem with pedophiles, a particular problem is men buying children from parents to have sex etc, this seems to have been the kind of thing that GG has taken advantage of whilst over there.

I find that too upsetting to dwell on really, those poor children!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-20 19:09 by His Majesty.

Date: August 20, 2008 19:05

His Majesty
Sadly due to extreme poverty etc Thailand, the Philippines etc have a large problem with pedophiles, a particular problem is men buying children from parents to have sex etc, this seems to have been the kind of thing that GG has taken advantage of whilst over there.

And this is the BIG difference between GG & Bill/Jerry Lee, who simply happened to fall in love (& in lust) with very young women...& (importantly) the women fell in love with them! Jerry Lee Lewis & Myra were married for 13 years, & remain friends to this day.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 20, 2008 19:44

Gary Glitter has been banned from several far east countries due to his behaviour.

He was accused of rape by several in Singapore but they were paid of to avoid capital punishment.

Glitter was also guilty of downloading thousands of images.

Far different from the other rock stars you mention. GG is a predortary paedophile

Date: August 20, 2008 19:47

"You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine."

"I can see that you're fifteen years old, no I don't want your ID."

Both British quotes if I'm not mistaken.

Date: August 20, 2008 19:56

Date: August 20, 2008 19:57

knockyourteethout
"You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine."

"I can see that you're fifteen years old, no I don't want your ID."

Both British quotes if I'm not mistaken.

The first quote comes from American Johnny Burnette's hit (it was OK to like 16 year olds in America in those less repressed days, hence 'Only Sixteen', 'Sweet Little Sixteen', etc).

And didn't Jagger sing thirteen years old on some live versions? smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-20 19:58 by Sleepy City.

Date: August 20, 2008 19:59

As a guy I used to work with used to say "when there's grass on the field, it's time to play ball". What's scary is he was also a bus driver!

Date: August 20, 2008 20:01

You seem very familiar 'knockyourteeth' out but I can't put my finger on it!

And you wanna check your facts.

""You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine.""

Was sung by Johnny Burnette who was born in Memphis! NOT the uk.

Also it was recorded in 1960, a more innocent time and was not a suggestion to shag underage kids.

Prat!

Date: August 20, 2008 20:02

ablett

Also it was recorded in 1960, a more innocent time and was not a suggestion to shag underage kids.

Prat!

Sixteen is NOT underage.*

* at least not in most European countries including the UK.

Date: August 20, 2008 20:03

ablett

Prat!

Did I not say "if I'm not mistaken"? Chill dude!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 20, 2008 20:04

His punishment has only begun. In an English jail, he´ll get nailed.

(What kind of user name is knockyourteethout?)

Date: August 20, 2008 20:07

"knockyourteethout"

Its a Ronnie Wood song.

Its also the same dork who went under Glimmertwin I suspect???

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 20, 2008 20:25

Keep your pussy clean, is also RS related. I just think that neither are suitable user names.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 20, 2008 20:37

Tseverin

In the Southern Part of America, that behavior was fashionable back then.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 20, 2008 20:40

jagger50
His punishment has only begun. In an English jail, he´ll get nailed.

(What kind of user name is knockyourteethout?)

Actually, he wouldn't. They have special segregated wings for sex offenders (anyone from rapists to nonces) because they are - ironically - categorised as "vulnerable" prisoners. Jonathan King was held in the nonces wing at Belmarsh.

Date: August 20, 2008 21:56

Yeah, I was hoping someone would get to the slimeball in the hospital wing but no luck.

Date: August 20, 2008 22:23

ablett
"knockyourteethout"

Its a Ronnie Wood song.

Its also the same dork who went under Glimmertwin I suspect???

I have no idea who or what you're talking about but whatever floats your boat mate! Maybe I'm really ablett and I just start meaningless banter with myself because I've nothing better to do...hmmm.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2008 22:34

I am so glad to hear about this. It gives more meaning to life for me. Finally some important info during these boring days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 20, 2008 22:56

Sleepy City
Tseverin

Yes, but these days American law (at least in most states) state that a person must be 18 to have sex.

Not true, in most states in the United States the age of consent is 16. See [www.ageofconsent.com]

Date: August 20, 2008 22:59

ohnonotyouagain
Sleepy City
Tseverin

Not true, in most states in the United States the age of consent is 16. See [www.ageofconsent.com]

I haven't time to study it properly, but isn't this only valid if they have sex with other 16-17 years olds? In this country a 16 year old can have sex with anybody (& this includes gay sex).

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 20, 2008 23:04

Sleepy City
ohnonotyouagain
Sleepy City
Tseverin

I haven't time to study it properly, but isn't this only valid if they have sex with other 16-17 years olds? In this country a 16 year old can have sex with anybody (& this includes gay sex).

No, some states have two ages of consent, one age where someone can give consent to anyone and a lower age where they can give consent only to other teenagers or to those close to their age (say, a 16 year old and a 20 year old). But most states only have one age of consent (regardless of the other person's age) and in the majority of cases that age is 16.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 20, 2008 23:57

Sleepy City
While I don't condone anything Gary Glitter has done (apart from a few of his records!), there's no doubt that there's a big witch hunt against him from the media.

..and thats a bad thing?

Date: August 21, 2008 00:06

Gazza
Sleepy City

..and thats a bad thing?

Yes. For the simple reason that he's not being treated the same as everyone else who's done the same thing.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 21, 2008 00:17

I'm sorry I even started this damn thread. I was hoping for some good Euro humor not an in-depth discussion of pedophelia. Please close it BV.

(By the way, who the hell is Jonahan King?)

Date: August 21, 2008 00:24

Duane in Houston

(By the way, who the hell is Jonahan King?)

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-21 00:28 by Sleepy City.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home