Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 2009 tour - this must be the opening song
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 15, 2008 21:57

Start Me Up. We don't want the corporate people with them expensive hot-seats get confused by opening with anything else than a nice and overplayed warhorse, do we!

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: August 16, 2008 00:02

1.Tell me
2.Dance little sister
3.@#$%&
4.Get off of my cloud
5.One hit
6.Satisfaction
7.Harlem Shuffle
8.Tumbling Dice
9.Gimme Shelter
10. Happy
11. Before they make run
12. Honky Tonk Women
13. Hound Dog !!
14. Have you seen your mother baby¨
15. Winter
16. Dancing with mister D
17. Street Fighting Man
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumping Jack Flash
20. Midnight Rambler
Encore
21. Angie
22. Rip thi joint

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 16, 2008 00:07

Hip Shake

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 16, 2008 01:26

Change it every night, just like a certain other nameless artist seems to have been able to manage this summer. Sometimes even at the last minute too.

Seriously - when youve rehearsed 80-100 songs and have a back catalogue of 350 songs, how difficult would it be to do?

Keeps everyone on their toes. Even the band.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: August 16, 2008 03:28

I think "Monkey Man" would be cool as a opener if they use a real piano tinkling mysteriously in the background and then the chunky riff starts. I think it's one of their more autobiographical songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-16 16:49 by mckalk.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 16, 2008 11:24

The Stones
Start Me Up. We don't want the corporate people with them expensive hot-seats get confused by opening with anything else than a nice and overplayed warhorse, do we!

That's a good one, i agree !!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 16, 2008 15:45

mckalk
I think "Monkey Man" would be cool as a opener is they use a real piano tinkling mysteriously in the background and then the chunky riff starts. I think it's one of their more autobiographical songs.

I think Monkey Man is a GREAT idea! The song is very well known and loved..one of their best.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 16, 2008 23:17

I used to be a strong supporter of keeping the same opener for a tour at every show. It had a magic to it. Like the you know the 81 tour as the one that starts with Under My Thumb. It was part of the identity of that tour. I think the last time that magic was still there was Satisfaction on the BTB tour. It's just wearing out now. I'm really warming up to the idea of mixing up the opener, making it a surprise every night. The licks tour was cool when the did a different one for each type of show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-16 23:18 by ryanpow.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 16, 2008 23:41

I can't believe half of what I'm reading above.

Personal faves aside, the intro has simply GOT to be a well-known, short/fast track to get the show running. Jagger wouldn't have it any other way.

Not Fade Away was great. Start Me Up is too predictable now. Sympathy is too long.

What about It's All Over Now (a bit naughty, to please the critics) which went down a storm in the Voodoo Lounge shows I saw, Paint It Black (everyone loves) or even Satisfaction (great starter on B2B with Keef in his leopardskin coat).

Come to think of it too, I'm sure they'll have a Bo Diddley tribute number too.

Date: August 16, 2008 23:51

tomcat2006

Personal faves aside, the intro has simply GOT to be a well-known, short/fast track to get the show running. Jagger wouldn't have it any other way.

A performer of Mick Jagger's calibre doesn't/shouldn't need to rely on a universally known old song to get a crowd off its feet once he hits the stage.

His magnetism and stagecraft alone should be able to do the trick. Other acts seem to be able to manage it OK.

If anyone cant muster any excitement once they hit the stage regardless of what they then choose to play, they're simply in the wrong place. This is the Rolling Stones, for Christ sake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-16 23:52 by Gazza.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 17, 2008 04:40

wont happen but one of these would be nice

100 YRARS AGO
SOUL SURVIVOR
LUXURY

Posted by: Unmade Bed ()
Date: August 17, 2008 07:18

Where The Boys Go

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: August 17, 2008 12:18

Gazza
tomcat2006

A performer of Mick Jagger's calibre doesn't/shouldn't need to rely on a universally known old song to get a crowd off its feet once he hits the stage.

Well 40 years of doing it shows that he DOES.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Re: the Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 17, 2008 12:41

>> That is so cute of you ... <<

have some popcorn, first of all - it sounds like you can use more roughage in your diet. smoking smiley
yeah, i'm always interested in what the artists want to play. even if i'm hiring a local band to play at a party
i tell them to play what grooves them - who wants to hear a set that doesn't groove the performers??
and if what grooves them doesn't groove me ... that's why the good lord invented other bands, right?

ps: i wish the Rolling Stones were my local pub band - but a] they're not;
and b] even if they were, i'd want to hear what they want to play.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-17 13:08 by with sssoul.

Date: August 17, 2008 14:13

SimonV
Gazza
tomcat2006

Well 40 years of doing it shows that he DOES.

In which case maybe (in his mind anyway) he's not the ultimate performer many seem to think he is.

Posted by: ROADKILL ()
Date: August 17, 2008 14:42

STREET FIGHTING MAN

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 18, 2008 23:49

Further to the above, I did actually hope that for ABB tour they might open with Rough Justice.... but it never happened. It would have silenced a few critics who say the new stuff is too weak etc etc.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 18, 2008 23:56

tomcat2006
I did actually hope that for ABB tour they might open with Rough Justice.... but it never happened.

Once. At the club gig in Toronto.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: August 22, 2008 15:05

I woudl like Bye Bye Johnnie, and next satisfaction...it would be cool

or Love is strong (Mick starting the song with the harp) and the nex one Jumpin' Jack flash.....just dreaming...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home