Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T The Stranglers & The B-52s,Pavilhão Atlântico,Lisbon,Saturday 26th July 2008
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 27, 2008 23:01

Hello,

God bless the Portuguese!
They have the good sense to arrange an evening of bands,starting with Marillion,then The Stranglers followed by The B-52s and finishing up with Meat Loaf.
All for 30 Euros!

I decided to skip the first and last acts,but the bonus ball was that it was pretty easy to get fairly near to the front for the old scrotes and Athens' finest(!).

The personnel line-up for The Stranglers was changed slightly because Jet Black is recovering from a chest infection.At his age he's gotta be careful.His dep was Neil Sparkes who gave it plenty.On telecaster was a Nick Oliveri-alike called Baz Somethingorother who fitted in fine.Still on keyboards was Dave Greenfield and still on bass was Jean Jacques.Some things will never change.

Each band played for 1 hour 15 minutes,with a sensible turnround time of 25 minutes in between.Makes a nice change!I was pleasantly surprised by how good The Stranglers sounded:this was strictly a hits-heavy set which was what everybody wanted.

They seemed to have a blast too.

Next up was The B-52s.If you want to have a party then this the band for you!Their four permanent members are now Kate Pierson, Fred Schneider, Keith Strickland and Cindy Wilson.Young Fred is camper than a row of tents (but I imagine that you knew that!) and all of them are up for a laugh,a dance and a sing-a-long.
In a similar vein to the chaps who preceeded them,I was wowed by how good they sounded.They did play a couple of new tunes,but joyously they still cane 'Rock Lobster' and 'Love Shack'.Superb!

Cheers,

Si.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home