Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Ronnie again
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 29, 2008 04:41

huh?????

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 29, 2008 05:09

melillo
huh?????
ok, ok
could it be I missed something inbetween those posts?
hang on I'll edit. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 29, 2008 05:50

No concern here forthe woman who was harrassed?

Not much fun to have to leave a job when a drunk gets heavy with the moves.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 29, 2008 13:58

stonesrule

Sadly, probably not from the looks of the posts on this thread.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 29, 2008 15:15

skipstone
They're all terrible - didn't you see that thing I put on from the Alamo? Charlie and Bill wouldn't even SPEAK! They are DECEPTIVELY evil! Ronnie was encouraging Keith to piss in front of the camera and Mick was acting like they were/are all spoilt lil' childrens. Those three are OBVIOUSLY evil!

Bad bad bad bad terrible horrible people those Rolling Stones are. All of 'em. Every single one of 'em.

And you've only just started, I mean there is Brian Jones and his 5 illegitimate children (before he was turned 23!); ALO and his dubious business dealings; Allen Klein likewise ;Marianne; Ronnie.
All their druggie friends as well.

It could fill a book.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:36

skipstone
Bad bad bad bad terrible horrible people those Rolling Stones are. All of 'em. Every single one of 'em.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out LOL spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 29, 2008 16:38

jlowe
It could fill a book.

It did, actually it already filled many books smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:40

stonesrule

Not that there's no concern, but if this is true, sounds like she got paid pretty well for it. I wonder if she would have cried harrassment if there was no $$ opportunity.

Date: July 29, 2008 16:45

TrulyMicks
but if this is true

That's it ... if ...

-------------------

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:47

Rolling Hansie
TrulyMicks
but if this is true

That's it ... if ...

yep...it is amazing how sometimes the media can take something and make something totally different out of it. I'm just glad Ronnie is getting help and I can't wait to see him onstage again.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:15

1cdog
stonesrule

Sadly, probably not from the looks of the posts on this thread.

You guys have the right focus here. Harassment is intollerable.
And if he hadn't done it, they'd never have paid for her silence. That's the way it works.

Does anyone remember Ronnie writing about hitting "rock bottom" during the tour? This certainly must have been among his darkest moments. Addiction can lead to terrible behaviour and it's a good thing he's getting help. But we should not forget that the young lady in question is a victim, too.
Nobody should have to leave their job because of sexual harassment, no matter if the employer is the Stones or Starbucks or whatever.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:27

I love how Charlie and Bill just don't say a word at that Alamo thing. Charlie more than Bill.

That says a LOT.

No wonder they play Sympathy on every tour, every show. They are just EVEEYEEL!

HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 30, 2008 05:41

TrulyMicks
stonesrule

Not that there's no concern, but if this is true, sounds like she got paid pretty well for it. I wonder if she would have cried harrassment if there was no $$ opportunity.

Exactly. If she was truly outraged,humiliated,etc,etc....Don't take the money. Press charges....I mean,you are going to work for the Rolling Stones. Not the Mormon Tabernachle Choir.

Date: July 30, 2008 14:41

1cdog
I wonder just what Ronnie brings to the party (band) these days except maybe being an emotional crutch for Keith.

Some of his playing on the 2005 BB tour and some of the Licks tour was atrocious. Slop at best. People who went to the shows that give a #### about what they paid to see knew they were ripped off and yeah I paid $$ for a few shows where he played very little and clowned around on stage.

I feel bad for his alcoholism and wish him the best personally on that front.

However I do wish that if the Stones continue to tour in the future that they would bring on a steady competent lead guitarist.

ABB was Wood's best tour since Voodoo Lounge (save the Tumbling Dice solos early on),maybe since the '80's.Sure there were mistakes and posing but,it has been like that since the big screens were introduced at the concerts.

Listen to the YCAGWYW's from February 18th and February 21st,2006.This is the best he's done since '75/'76 on this and I even prefer those ABB versions to many of the '75/'76 versions.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2008 15:44

Winning Ugly VXII
[

ABB was Wood's best tour since Voodoo Lounge (save the Tumbling Dice solos early on),maybe since the '80's.Sure there were mistakes and posing but,it has been like that since the big screens were introduced at the concerts.

Good point. The constant posing and shape throwing has been the single biggest cause of sub par guitar playing from both Ronnie and Keith in recent years.
It's part of the wider issue which upsets many folks around here.
That of putting the "show" and "spectacle" before the music... and consequently not catering for the "real" or "hardcore" type fans who frequent these pages.

Posted by: Kick Jaggards ()
Date: July 30, 2008 17:44

New pictures of Ronnie from the Daily Mail

Looks a bit haggard...

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 30, 2008 20:08

Winning Ugly VXII
1cdog
I wonder just what Ronnie brings to the party (band) these days except maybe being an emotional crutch for Keith.

Some of his playing on the 2005 BB tour and some of the Licks tour was atrocious. Slop at best. People who went to the shows that give a #### about what they paid to see knew they were ripped off and yeah I paid $$ for a few shows where he played very little and clowned around on stage.

I feel bad for his alcoholism and wish him the best personally on that front.

However I do wish that if the Stones continue to tour in the future that they would bring on a steady competent lead guitarist.

Listen to the YCAGWYW's from February 18th and February 21st,2006.This is the best he's done since '75/'76 on this and I even prefer those ABB versions to many of the '75/'76 versions.

With sub par performances in 2005 some of us on this board questioned just what was going on. This board was filled at the onset of ABB with pissed off people that sit thru some terrible playing by Ronnie. I bought tickets and sat thru some **** playing in 2005 even out of key stuff.

I thought some of Ronnie's best ABB performances were the 2006 Japan shows.

Was there not another rehab session mid tour in December 2005?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 23:10 by 1cdog.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 30, 2008 20:23

Cheer up Ronnie!

Hilary Olson & Rolling Stones’Ronnie Wood settlement'
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 30, 2008 12:02

During 2005 in Toronto, Canada, Hilary Olson worked for The Rolling Stones as a dressing room and wardrobe assistant. Hilary Olson had an incident with Ronnie Wood.

Hilary Olson made some claims and the Rolling Stone organisation compensated her with a huge pay out.

Hilary Olson was said to have got $1 M for her confidentiality. Hilary Olson can never discuss about the incident now as a result of accepting the money.

Hilary Olson’s mother, Nancy Olson, said that Hilary gets panic attacks when she is confronted about the Rolling Stones and Ronnie Wood.

All the sources that have worked with the Rolling Stones during that period have refused to discuss about the Hilary Olson and Ronnie Wood incident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 12:04 by steffiestones.

Re: Hilary Olson & Rolling Stones’Ronnie Wood settlement'
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 30, 2008 12:05

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: July 30, 2008 14:28

I'm very skeptical that it was a million dollar settlement.

Date: July 30, 2008 17:55

From4tilLate

Don't you believe it, this is America wer'e talking about.
And Ronnie (despite rumours to the contary), by anybody's standards is very rich.

Date: July 30, 2008 18:00

An irony: Mick quote -early 70's I think: "There is no point in having women on tour unless it is to f**k them. All they do is moan and whine."
One hopes he has grown up a bit since then- well, he has obviously.

However, the Rock World has never exactly embraced the "womens movement" has it?
Nor have some of its followers-given the tone of some of the messages on other threads.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 30, 2008 18:08

If this woman has "panic attacks" anytime she's around The Rolling Stones and Ronnie Wood...doesn't the answer seem obvious? Stay away?

Goddamn. I should be PAID for coming up with solutions like this.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 30, 2008 20:27

jlowe
From4tilLate

And Ronnie (despite rumours to the contary), by anybody's standards is very rich.

Toronto is actually in Canada and a million dollars sounds VERY extereme. You have to wonder what actually happened if they really paid this type of hush money.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 30, 2008 20:39

georgeV
jlowe
From4tilLate

Toronto is actually in Canada and a million dollars sounds VERY extereme. You have to wonder what actually happened if they really paid this type of hush money.

I agree. It seems more likely that someone would get sort of money if a murder was involved,lol!

Seriously, what kind of 'incident' could possibly merit a million dollar payout? I can't think of any at all....

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2008 20:44

Stikkyfinger
georgeV
jlowe
From4tilLate

I agree. It seems more likely that someone would get sort of money if a murder was involved,lol!

Seriously, what kind of 'incident' could possibly merit a million dollar payout? I can't think of any at all....

Being forced to watch that video of Celine Dion singing "You Shook me all night Long" that someone posted a couple of weeks back might be a possible candidate.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:03

Gazza
Stikkyfinger
georgeV
jlowe
From4tilLate

Being forced to watch that video of Celine Dion singing "You Shook me all night Long" that someone posted a couple of weeks back might be a possible candidate.

Yes of course! I had completely forgotten about that...

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:25

jlowe
From4tilLate

Did I misunderstand the article? I thought it clearly stated the RS Organization paid it-not Ron personally. Maybe under the insurance??

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:33

>> I thought it clearly stated ... <<

it clearly stated that the whole story is "reportedly", and not confirmed.
but making harsh judgements without knowing what the facts are seems to be some people's hobby

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home