Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WANTED URGENTLY - LIFESIZE CUTOUT OF MICK JAGGER
Posted by: dcjune60 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 18:23

Hi there

Random one I know, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on a lifesize cut out Mick Jagger (any era)? I need one urgently for a present but can't seem to get one anywhere, and can't get one made as it would be in breach of photographers copyrights to do it without permission

I am based in the UK

Thanks

Re: WANTED URGENTLY - LIFESIZE CUTOUT OF MICK JAGGER
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 31, 2008 18:46

Could you use a shot taken by a fan? Search this site for concert photos and see if there's something that would work, then ask if the person if they minded if you use it.

Posted by: dcjune60 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 18:52

thanks, but I think Mick Jagger needs a cut of proceeds too, so it has to be an officially sanctioned cutout

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 31, 2008 18:54

Ask that Robinson creature from Black Crowes, he kisses it every night before he takes it to bed with him.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 31, 2008 19:24

I think that if it the cutout is for your own private use, then you can probably use any photograph you want, even if it's a well-known shot by a famous photographer.

As long as you don't try to earn any money, there's no problem.

Having your friends pose with the cardboard Mick for photo fun at a party: no problem. But if you intend to take your life sized Mick Jagger cutout and stand on the sidewalk outside the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, so tourists can pay you to get a shot with Mick... then you need to have permission to use the photograph.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 31, 2008 21:39

Some Party Supply stores sell life-sized cut outs of celebs. All you need to do is buy one of those and replace the face.

Just don't make the mistake I saw someone do years ago, he made life-sized cut outs of Kiss for people to pose next to, he made them in black & white and they were in performing poses...all while against a brick wall.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 31, 2008 22:53

Lucky Jeans had one of Mick Jagger for their commercials.
Bob Dylan is a Lucky Jeans man.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 1, 2008 14:31

There were promo cutouts for Primitive Cool but only 1 metre tall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home