Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Oasis Beats U2 To Abbey Road
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 25, 2008 13:31

skipstone
Venom? Great character. Wants to eat Spidey.

What, so fu*cking what if someone (me) thinks Oasis sucks.

Me thinks you're talking through your fu*king arse!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 25, 2008 13:37

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 25, 2008 14:51

Oasis are great. Definitely Maybe completely transformed the music scene, here, in the UK. Not only is it one of the most influential albums of its time, but also, probably, the greatest debut since, well, lord knows what.

Another point about Oasis: You may think they sound like other groups, but NO GROUP sounds like Oasis.

U2 are shite.

Date: July 25, 2008 15:02

LOVE Oasis, don't like U2...

my favourite song:

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 25, 2008 15:10

Low level on this thread. I like U2 (lurved them deeply in
the 80s, but there werent much else to lurv) & I Like Oasis.
How come this is such a hot topic? ... Err.. Or actually I
easily sould comprehend why - now when I take a new look at the
thread headline: where skipstone succeeded to mention the
three most controversial bands on this particular site in one sentence!
Good job.

Hot out there, friends? smileys with beer

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 25, 2008 15:23

Tell me... Sister M...
LOVE Oasis, don't like U2...

my favourite song:

Great song.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 25, 2008 17:36

terraplane
Speaking of Oasis, didn't Liam have a spat (albeit through the press) with Keith Richards. Liam was threatening to pummel him.

I think that he wanted to pummel Paul McCartney.
Would he be stupid enough to @#$%& with Keith?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 25, 2008 17:49

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Wow, y'all are FUNNY!

I have heard Oasis. It is not something I choose to do again. I have my Beatles collection, why would I want a Beatles cover band? And a poorly done one at that?

Therefor, when I say they are crap I mean it - to me, they suck. Just because people called bands in the 1960s crap does not mean it's repeating nor does it mean the same thing. What's baffling is how big they are - HOW? They're a musical horror.

Oasis might be big in the UK. These days that doesn't mean as much as it did back in the 1960s. None of my music friends like them - some of them have never even heard of them. I don't know anyone that likes them. That includes friends in Chicago, New York, Nashville, Boston. Big cities. Even little cities like Mobile and New Orleans. Friends and music colleagues.

What's the big deal? I think they're garbage, friends think they're garbage, even Keith thinks they're garbage.

It does rain a lot in the UK huh?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 25, 2008 18:09

Keith thinks they're garbage"

Keith thinks everyone is garbage unless your black and been dead for two generations.

The yanks never got Oasis which is probably why there worth listening to.....

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 25, 2008 18:15

But how comes that Oasis have gone SO downhill after just two records? The second is good enough, and Definitely Maybe was SUPERB. All of their eventual records are so shallow in comparison!!!

U2? "Gimme a break"!!!

Date: July 25, 2008 18:17

Try this puppy!

Date: July 25, 2008 19:34

skipstone
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Oasis might be big in the UK. These days that doesn't mean as much as it did back in the 1960s. None of my music friends like them - some of them have never even heard of them. I don't know anyone that likes them. That includes friends in Chicago, New York, Nashville, Boston. Big cities. Even little cities like Mobile and New Orleans. Friends and music colleagues.

Three questions:

1) Do you or any of your friends actually know where the UK is?

2) Does anyone of you own a valid passport (ie travel doucument)?

3) Are you really Mr Hick, from Hicktown in darkest Hicksville?

...and I want you to be honest.

Date: July 25, 2008 19:39

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Who?

And those responses were in "my own words".

Date: July 25, 2008 19:58

Date: July 25, 2008 20:05

and Oasis stands alone

Date: July 25, 2008 20:09

skipstone
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Oasis might be big in the UK. These days that doesn't mean as much as it did back in the 1960s.

I don't really understand how it meant more to be popular in the UK 40 years ago.

I think you should ask UK residents that question before forming an opinion. Surely?

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 25, 2008 21:32

skipstone
Ha ha ha ha ha!

Wow, y'all are FUNNY!

I have heard Oasis. It is not something I choose to do again. I have my Beatles collection, why would I want a Beatles cover band? And a poorly done one at that?

Therefor, when I say they are crap I mean it - to me, they suck. Just because people called bands in the 1960s crap does not mean it's repeating nor does it mean the same thing. What's baffling is how big they are - HOW? They're a musical horror.

What's the big deal? I think they're garbage, friends think they're garbage, even Keith thinks they're garbage.

Would these "music friends" of yours be farm animals by any chance?

Date: July 25, 2008 21:47

Ouch!!
poor farm animals

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: July 25, 2008 21:56

GOTTA SAY.... LOVE OASIS THEY BROUGHT BACK ROCK'N'ROLL WHEN THE MUSIC SCENE WAS IN DIRE NEED OF GUITAR BANDS. THEY WERE SO INFLUENCIAL THAT PEOPLE STARTED DRESSING LIKE THEM - YOU KNOW WHEN A BAND IS BIG WHEN FASHION STARTS TO CHANGE.

ANYWAY GOT TO ASK THOSE IN THE U.S.A, LOVE YOUR COUNTRY,BUT WHO WERE YOU'RE BIG BANDS OF THE 90'S??? AND NOW ....ALL YOU OFFERED US IS BAD RAP AND CRAP R'N'B.

Date: July 25, 2008 22:01

robertfraser
GOTTA SAY.... LOVE OASIS THEY BROUGHT BACK ROCK'N'ROLL WHEN THE MUSIC SCENE WAS IN DIRE NEED OF GUITAR BANDS. THEY WERE SO INFLUENCIAL THAT PEOPLE STARTED DRESSING LIKE THEM - YOU KNOW WHEN A BAND IS BIG WHEN FASHION STARTS TO CHANGE.

ANYWAY GOT TO ASK THOSE IN THE U.S.A, LOVE YOUR COUNTRY,BUT WHO WERE YOU'RE BIG BANDS OF THE 90'S??? AND NOW ....ALL YOU OFFERED US IS BAD RAP AND CRAP R'N'B.

Hey now...I give you many thanks for Oasis. Many many thanks.
But we did give you Pearl Jam.

You're welcome.

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: July 26, 2008 00:52

PEARL JAM!!!! FAIR ENOUGH SHOWS THE DIFFERENCE IN OPINION FROM ACROSS THE WATER.

FRANKY I THINK THEY ARE AVERAGE AT BEST CERTAINLY AIN'T IN OASIS LEAGUE. YOU GUYS SEEM TO BE 20 YEARS BEHIND THE UK WHICH IS WHY YOU DIDN'T GET "MADNESS" UNTIL RECENTLY.

Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: July 26, 2008 02:36

hey i like oasis,great last album!but really can't stand u2 shit!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: July 26, 2008 02:59

ablett
Keith thinks they're garbage"

Keith thinks everyone is garbage unless your black and been dead for two generations.

The yanks never got Oasis which is probably why there worth listening to.....

We liked them when they were good dude. That's the difference. They were relatively big over here until they started to stink like a garbage can. Maybe the UK is about ten years behind us when it comes to realizing when something reeks.

I'll take Green Day over Oasis any day of the week when it comes to good nineties bands. At least all of their albums are listenable unlike some of the dreck put out by Oasis.

Date: July 26, 2008 13:10

FrankM
We liked them when they were good dude. That's the difference. They were relatively big over here until they started to stink like a garbage can. Maybe the UK is about ten years behind us when it comes to realizing when something reeks.

I'll take Green Day over Oasis any day of the week when it comes to good nineties bands. At least all of their albums are listenable unlike some of the dreck put out by Oasis.

Actually, the critics (and fans) here in the UK, DO pan Oasis when they don't deliver. Be Here Now, Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants and Heaven Chemistry ALL got mediocre - average reviews and don't go mentioning the live album, Familiar To Millions, to anyone!

I think the difference between here and the States in regards to Oasis is that they were just SO, SO, much bigger here. The Gallagher's are true characters and no matter how good or bad the music, we are always seem to hold affection for them. Long may it continue.

Btw, I like Green Day

Date: July 26, 2008 16:43

FrankM

Maybe the UK is about ten years behind us when it comes to realizing when something reeks.

...Frank at his most hilarious!!!

Show me a state where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a land full of sh*t.

Date: July 26, 2008 20:56

Hey Logie, my music friends are professional musicians. A lot of them in New Orleans, a city that knows just a little bit about music. A few in Nashville as well (not that THAT actually means anything anymore considering what comes out of Nashville these days). We don't ride around on horses chasing fox as a sport or calling it "hunting" so I dunno but I do think you might be on to something - I have heard farm animals that sound better than Oasis.

You didn't get that bit about the importance of music coming out of the UK now compared to 40 years ago?

40 years ago it was GOOD.

Don't even attempt to compare Oasis with what came out of the UK in the 1960s - that's just downright embarrassing to read on your part.

Date: July 26, 2008 21:19

They (Oasis) are a bunch of "ham and eggers" compared to the UK stuff from the 60's.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: July 26, 2008 21:22

Barn Owl
FrankM

Maybe the UK is about ten years behind us when it comes to realizing when something reeks.

...Frank at his most hilarious!!!

Show me a state where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a land full of sh*t.

Glad I make you laugh. Oasis makes me laugh everytime they crack on The Stones because they are such peons compared to them.

Date: July 27, 2008 00:31

Good to see you guys having a laugh!!!

...all the best.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home