Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T FTJ,The Blockheads and The Fratellis,Chichester & London,July 2008
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 14, 2008 23:38

Hello Again...Hello,

Back up North again after a fairly full-on weekend,none of which was more enjoyable than seeing The Blockheads and From The Jam in lovely Chichester!

...and From The Jam,who feature another guy who can really play bass...

Strange kind of show when the setting is more impressive than the band,isn't it?
Somerset House versus The Fratellis?
No contest.

Anyway,I bought a ticket from a black-market economy retail operative for less than face and took my spot amongst a fairly mixed-crowd.

Just before kick-off,persons unknown lowered the Union Flag that was flying from Somerset House and replaced it with the Ancient Scottish Royal Standard(!)-a cheeky bit of mischief.

On with the show,which was loud and had plenty of crash,bang and wallop.Admittedly,I don't have either of their albums so I couldn't claim to be familiar with The Fratellis (that single,Chelsea Dagger',aside),but I'd heard good reports about their second LP so I listened intently.

I just heard more of the same...the only (lazy) comparison that springs to mind is The Stereophonics.
'Nuff said?

Cheers,

Si.

Re: O/T FTJ,The Blockheads and The Fratellis,Chichester & London,July 2008
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:31

thanks for the reports and the excellent photos.

...Blockheads rule!

Re: O/T FTJ,The Blockheads and The Fratellis,Chichester & London,July 2008
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 15, 2008 13:47

Hi A-L,

For all you lucky shandy-drinkers,if you can get to Clerkenwell this Thursday you can see Mr. Hugh Cornwell and then The Blockheads for FREE!

[www.lfa2008.org]

Reason to be cheerful?

Defo!

Cheers,

Si.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home