Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SAL - Where Does It Sit Now?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 14, 2008 08:22

Who has stopped listening/playing SAL? Who still listens to it a lot or every day? Or anything in between. I played it the other day coming home from Tennessee. Only disc one. Didn't bother with 2. That's the first time I've listened to it since late April or early May.

I've listened to A Bigger Bang more than that before and since then.

I still haven't figured out where it sits for me in their catalog. As a live album and as a release.

Re: SAL - Where Does It Sit Now?
Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: July 14, 2008 08:53

still listenig to it several times a week. still love it.

made a copy of handsome girls for a friend of mine the other week and he said, he liked shattered and imagination better on the SAL album. i have to agree on that. so much about where it sits now...

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 14, 2008 09:17

.. never heard or seen it......

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 14, 2008 09:25

I'll tell you one thing, it made a recent flight I took from Paris down to West Africa go by most pleasurably indeed. Picture this ... Air France, Business Class, glass of fizz in one hand, and SAL on the screen right in front of me !! I only hope they're STILL showing it when I fly back to Europe on the 29th of this month !!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 14, 2008 10:18

I´ve seen it twice. Just can´t wait the dvd!
Since I have the bootleg version of the Beacon gigs, I´m still waiting for the summer sales and SALcd becoming cheaper.

The funny thing with new Stones releases is that you listen them over and over when they are fresh. You can live without the new releases for a year or so, but eventually they will come back, even Voodoo Lounge.. Addiction and the only cure is.. You know

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 14, 2008 10:42

Didn't bother with 2

WHAT!!!...So Ya weren't game ta throw ya-self into
the BLAZE and HAMMERING battle-zone chaos of Satisfaction....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 14, 2008 10:59

Alive and kicking!

I love it. It is simply superb. Disc 2, agree, you have to skip Devil, but apart from that is absolutely great. Undercover alone is worth the price of the Jap release- DID YOU NOTICE WHAT HELL WATTS AND JONES RAISE IN THE R-SECTION?

Essential CD, and the funny thing is that it wasn't even one of the best performances of the tour!

C

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:28

Play it every day - in my car mostly. And LOUD!
Still love it - think I always will.
smoking smiley

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:44

Yeah, I'm a regular user too. I also like to evaluate the useage of an album a couple of months after it appeared, because the first thrill of having something new has faded off and from now on the album has to prove itself on its own force.

A live album always has the disadvantage of having a lot of competition from bootlegs. Where Live Licks definitely lost the competition against many many many bootlegs of the Licks tour, and No Security only was up to par with the bootlegs of the BTB tour, I think Shine a light is a true winner! Mainly because the boys are really on fire on a lot of the songs, and production is crisp too.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 14, 2008 14:26

I listen to it as many times as I allow myself. I don't want to have it too fresh in my memory, when the DVD and Blu-Ray comes out.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 14, 2008 14:29

Gathering dust.

- Doxa

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:35

No it's better than that.
Not the best peforamnces of the tour but far from the worst. As another record of the ABB tour, it's a worthy release.
I've listened to it quite a lot and always find it worth a spin for the good bits. [much like most live albums from the "modern era"].

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:01

Listened to parts of it last week; like the 'sound' quite a bit.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:32

I won't listen to it until I've done the DVD to death first.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2008 19:27

for me i am waiting for 7/29/08 so i can buy the dvd

Date: July 14, 2008 19:33

I didn't get the one with UOTN on it. I still find it odd that they continue to play that song live. There are much better tunes on Undercover to play.

Like She Was Hot.

But that's just me -I'm a warped individual.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 14, 2008 19:51

skipstone
I didn't get the one with UOTN on it. I still find it odd that they continue to play that song live. There are much better tunes on Undercover to play.

Like She Was Hot.

But that's just me -I'm a warped individual.

Listen to Undercover on SAL, AT MAX VOLUME, then rephrase the above ...

C

Date: July 14, 2008 22:46

I listened to it fairly regular when it came out and then done it to death when I was on holiday in May. I haven't listened to it since 30 May (my last full day on holiday). I will probably refrain until the DVD comes out so that it has a degree of freshness.

Date: July 14, 2008 23:20

UOTN will be on the DVD correct? Then I guess I will get a chance to listen to it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 14, 2008 23:22

played it once. that was enough. my asorption powers are astonishing, i guess.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:28

Skipstone, reading your original post, are you confused on how to think about it?

Do you LIKE it? Do you need one of us to tell you? What's your point?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 15, 2008 02:59

my wife sent it to me in iraq when it came out in april and the song the guys dug the most was ........faraway eyes!---i was pretty surprised but they didn't know the stones did country music and thought it was really authentic....go figure...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 15, 2008 05:43

Just got a call from a friend of mine who wants a copy of the (double) CD. He told me to bring it buy for 30 minutes and he will give me a copy of the Zep 02 show dvd which he rates the sound at a 7 and the video at an 8, either way, sounds like a deal to me.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 15, 2008 06:11

BluzDude
Just got a call from a friend of mine who wants a copy of the (double) CD. He told me to bring it buy for 30 minutes and he will give me a copy of the Zep 02 show dvd which he rates the sound at a 7 and the video at an 8, either way, sounds like a deal to me.

Hey BD. I might be a little late. But I have a copy of the Zep 02 show.It's at least a 7 and an 8. If you don't have it, either way. Good show.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 15, 2008 07:24

No no no no. I like it. Most of it. Like all the other live albums. It's just the talk completely died about it and I was curious if people had forgotten it, etc... It hasn't been that long, the DVD is supposedly coming out at the end of this month...etc.

Yes, please decide for me what to decide about SAL that I haven't decided upon yet since I am so indecisive about making a decision to decide whether or not I like it enough or just quite.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 15, 2008 08:30

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

Hey BD. I might be a little late. But I have a copy of the Zep 02 show.It's at least a 7 and an 8. If you don't have it, either way. Good show.

I think I'm the one who's late as I am the one who doesn't have a copy yet.smileys with beer

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 15, 2008 11:30

It's a surprisingly good, solid live album. Definitely one I know I'll be playing in years to come - in fact, outside Ya-Yas and Stripped, the ONLY other official Stones album that's worth revisiting.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 15, 2008 14:53

Nikolai
in fact, outside Ya-Yas and Stripped, the ONLY other official Stones album that's worth revisiting.

So Exile is bad, or did you mean official LIVE album?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 15, 2008 19:35

There's been a lot of that here lately, missing words that are certain. Must be the global warming that is causing it to be cooler than usual in warm places.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home