Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tattoo You
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 8, 2008 02:12

tattoo you is a classic.

every song on it is good, some great.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 8, 2008 04:01

skipstone

Great great great album. Not a bad track on it. It is supreme - better than Exile even.

better than exile? come on... TY is a good album. maybe very good. but still miles away from exile or sticky fingers...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 8, 2008 06:13

I wouldn't say it's better than Exile, but it sure is way better than any album they've done since.,

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: CoconutHead ()
Date: August 9, 2008 03:43

I was only about 12 when I got this album. Thought the front side rocked but was bored to tears on side 2. Twenty Five years later, I prefer the back side over the front.

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: August 9, 2008 10:31

Can't remember when I playe it the last time, could be 10 or 15 years ago.
The Album is not on Top 20

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 9, 2008 11:02

I was disappointed by the poor remaster packaging made by Virgin.
I never understood why TY and a few others did not deserve a nice packaging like the 70's albums.
The only surprise was the extended Slave version in this remaster.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: August 9, 2008 17:51

This has always been one of my top favorite albums..full of incredible songs.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2008 18:36

The last truly great album and probably the last 100% great tour. I remember it well...
buying the album and listening religiously in anticipation of the Stones coming to town.
An all around massive experience that went on for weeks on end, culminating in my first Stones shows with a huge exclamation point!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 9, 2008 21:18

I remember I first got that album because of the song Slave. I head it on the radio on a few times, actually the first time I heard it I thought it was a live track! Then I found out it was on the same album as Start me up and waiting on a friend and hang fire, the only other songs off TY you ever hear on the radio. I thought "those are good songs, I should just get the album." After getting it, the second side of it really grew on me. It was their more vunrible side but they were still tough. No one else does it quite like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-09 21:26 by ryanpow.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 9, 2008 21:24

toomuchforme
I was disappointed by the poor remaster packaging made by Virgin.
I never understood why TY and a few others did not deserve a nice packaging like the 70's albums.
The only surprise was the extended Slave version in this remaster.

Agreed. Virgin records have basically done a piss-poor job with the Stones catalog. I'm glad to see them go, and glad they're also losing other major artists besides the Stones. Serves them right.

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-09 21:29 by drewmaster.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 10, 2008 18:45

Actually, it is better than Exile.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 10, 2008 19:03

skipstone
Actually, it is better than Exile.

NEVER!!!!!!

Date: August 10, 2008 19:07

Now I love tattoo you but better than Exile? Don't think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-10 19:08 by ryanpow.

Date: August 10, 2008 19:13

Ha ha!

What is better than Exile then? Is Exile really that great of an album? Or are you being swayed by how it's aged and what everyone thinks? And so what if someone thinks TY is better than Exile? I listen to TY more than Exile. I guess that means I think TY is better. Today it might be like this:

Sticky Fingers
Tattoo You
Let It Bleed
Beggars Banquet
Exile On Main Street
Goats Head Soup
A Bigger Bang
Bridges To Babylon
Voodoo Lounge
Some Girls

Date: August 10, 2008 19:25

thers nothin wrong with thinking TY is the best.. I just disagree. I go by how much an album moves me. Im a big fan of the stuff later on in the 70s. But as far as albums go I just don't think it gets any better than the "big four albums". Each of them are different, I put them on an equal level.

I might put some girls as the best album since exile because It just had the strongest material since then with songs like Miss You, Shattered, Beast Of Burden. The other 70's albums had great feeling to them too but just didn't rise to that level.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-10 19:41 by ryanpow.

Date: August 10, 2008 19:39

I know. I just happen to think Tattoo You is a great album. Without a doubt though, it's the Big Four and then SG and TY for their most excellent albums, with Aftermath being the period of that.

That and I like seeing how people react to something that is not as they think it is or wish it would be. Because to say something is better than Exile is basically treason here.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home