Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

VIDEO: New Barbarians - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Date: July 12, 2008 04:22

Re: VIDEO: New Barbarians - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:17

Did footage of the Knebworth gig ever showed up?

Mathijs

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 12, 2008 11:19

>> Did footage of the Knebworth gig ever showed up? <<

sure has! the version i have doesn't include JJF, but the rest of the show is intact.

(just in case anyone doesn't recognize it and wants to know: the one Memo from TT posted is from Largo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-12 11:20 by with sssoul.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:15

Fantastic!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 12, 2008 17:10

With sssoul, is the version of Knebworth you have the dvd issued with the San Diego footage? I got the dvdr but I have an older VHS copy which I believe is a little bit better quality.

Date: July 12, 2008 17:16

yep, that's the one. it's pretty raggedy, quality-wise, but the Knebworth performance makes it all worthwhile :E

Date: July 12, 2008 17:21

I agree. And even though the San Diego footage is even worse,it is interesting. I've never seen Ronnie get so pissed off. He's usually so easygoing but seeing Keith take off his guitar and threaten to use it as a "real axe" got to be pretty common in the late 70s-early 80s I guess!

Date: July 12, 2008 17:29

yeah, that moment at San Diego is extremely bizarre. my best guess is that some security jerk
was hitting people, including chicks, with a flashlight ... maybe someone here was there and remembers?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 12, 2008 17:36

Much better sound and vision...than what I find on my copy at home. Still - those "spaghetti legs" make me feel sad. I´m a very sensative guy, really. Keith is the best rhythmguitar-player...EVER!!!...too bad he thought he was indestructable...

Date: July 12, 2008 17:43

Yeah, Ron does get mad-even gets a cup of beer(?) from an aud member and throws it at the guy!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 12, 2008 18:35

hmm, if the offender were part of the security crew, that might explain why it takes so long for anything to be done about him. Anything, that is, besides keith's posing and ron's beer launching!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 12, 2008 18:47

Too bad the Stones didn´t tour 83-88. That black Tele sounded so good - and Keith was in a pretty good shape - bending and playing his heart out...I´m sure you´ve heard "Jerry Lee & Keith" on the tube...It´s not the Barbarians, but it´s still that nasty black guitar...Then in -89,he finally reinvented the 80´s. Unfortunately. Smile!!!

Date: July 12, 2008 19:01

Right.cc. I guess it might explain why the guy had a flashlight to begin with and pushing people around! A lot of what was said didnt make sense until the observations you made and what with sssoul said.

Date: July 12, 2008 19:01

>> hmm, if the offender were part of the security crew ... <<

i'm only guessing about that, but Ronnie clearly says "if you don't stop what you're doing with that flashlight"
and something about "beating on girls" so it sounds like a security-gone-amok scenario to me.
but then, i spent my formative years in a time/place where one got some pretty vivid impressions of security going amok
so maybe i'm misinterpreting ...

Date: July 12, 2008 19:08

I think your "guess" makes a lot of sense,with sssoul. Did they hire local security to supplement the tour at each stop? I just wondered because I 'd think the guy got his ass kicked bad if he worked for the security chief! And Ron doesnt seem to know who he is personally. I suppose Keith thinks the dude is drunk from what he says?

Date: July 12, 2008 19:20

>> Did they hire local security to supplement the tour at each stop? <<

i would imagine so - that's the usual way, isn't it? i don't think i ever heard of a band
carting around a full fleet of venue-security people.

>> I suppose Keith thinks the dude is drunk from what he says? <<

which part of what he says, scottkeef? "JC stop that fvcker before i kill him" is the bit i've learned by heart :E
(i don't know if this JC is the same JC who was the Stones' security head for so long,
or the Barbarians' manager, whose initials were also JC - either one would make sense!)

Date: July 12, 2008 21:44

I believe its after Ronnie gets going and before what you refer to. Keith says "Listen to me you drunk motherf-cker". It sounds like Keith to me,anyway. See if you can hear it.

Date: July 13, 2008 00:14

>> See if you can hear it. <<

i shall, tomorrow. always glad to have a reason to put on the Barbarians :E

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2008 14:30

The greatest rock and roll riff ever, played by the biggest rock guitarist. That's it.

- Doxa

Date: July 13, 2008 14:43

>> Keith says "Listen to me you drunk motherf-cker". It sounds like Keith to me,anyway. <<

okay, as advertised, i just rewatched that bit!
yeah that's Keith all right, and it sounds like either "you drunk motherfvcker" or "you dumb motherfvcker".
as always the scene amazes me - that pair of skinny English cats battling injustice the best they could without stopping the show

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: July 21, 2008 22:51

Damned enjoyable!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home