Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: European monsoon washes out summer
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 9, 2008 19:23

Silver Dagger
Right here in the UK we're suffering another appalling summer. Today we've been told that a month's worth of rain will fall over most of Britain and that we can forget about having a good summer. This will be the second year in a row that our summer has been ruined. How's the summer in Europe and other parts of the world?

Guess a lot of people will be getting wet while they stand outside the pubs smoking!drinking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2008 22:22

That's a real piss off for folks who smoke in the UK - having to stand outside to brave the elements.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 9, 2008 22:42

Weather is science; science is fact. Shut up.

Posted by: jayb70 ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:14

after the hot summer of 2006. i splashed out £100 on a large fan
for the bedroom.

it has only been on once in the past 18 months!!!

if you love rain, then come to england.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:17

Hey jayb70, you're supposed to generate your own heat in the bedroom.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:17

So how did Plexiglass do, with crossing the channel on a FERRY in that weather ? eye rolling smileysmiling bouncing smileytongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:59

As SCL pointed out it's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum here in California. 35 C and up in some places. Add to that the fires and you get alot of haze as well. Ah, to be in Blighty right now!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 10, 2008 00:25

Cold but sunny & dry up here. I believe it comes straight outta
the fast melting polar ice. Almost freezing in July.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2008 03:37

ChrisM
As SCL pointed out it's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum here in California. 35 C and up in some places. Add to that the fires and you get alot of haze as well. Ah, to be in Blighty right now!

Is that what I said?...Damn,I've read too many Brit posts lately. But why don't you blokes bottle up and ship some of that water over here to California so we can put out some of these damn fires. It's getting harder to tell the difference between LA and San Francisco now. The whole state is one crappy shade of gray.sad smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2008 14:41

I just watched 2 weeks of Wimbledon on TV and except for the last day, it seemed a lot nicer than here in Berkshire County USA! Big puffy clouds and blue skies over London for the fortnight! We've had a lot of rain and very humid temps! I have melted every day for the last 6 and I hate it! I like it warm, even hot but not sticky and densely humid and that has been 75% of our summer here so far. Thank God for Air conditioning in the office!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 11, 2008 01:12

I hear ya! I spent the first 12 years of my life growing up in the Houston-Bbeaumont, Texas area and the humidity sucks. Seems like you were breathing water. I go back now and dont know how I stood it.(Besides the fact theres mosquitoes the size of wasps!)

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 11, 2008 01:25

Going to spend a few weeks on the west coast of Ireland starting tomorrow...please tell me something nice about the weather over there.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:15

here in iceland there has been no rain for say 3 weeks and everything is getting too dry,
we are expecting rain this weekent tho,
so i am happy cause my grass lawn is getting brown.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:05

Global warming is a bad name for it. Just like 100 Year Flood and 500 Year Storm. It means nothing in terms of what it actually says.

I think Global Freakout would be better. Everything is more extreme - more rain, more drought, more heat, more cold. Longer durations than previously known. Ice caps could completely melt. Doesn't mean it won't be cold in January or July.

Now, the Stones doing an outdoor stadium tour in the fall of the US and playing She Was Hot in 36 degree temperature or however cold it was in Chicago that tour...who thought that one up?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home