Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: School of Rock movie
Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: July 2, 2008 01:57

Who saw that movie , that was amazing"!!!
loved that one
but why they didnt mention the stones or there wasnt a stones song there???
anyway , i would like to talk about that one.
greets

Re: OT: School of Rock movie
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 2, 2008 05:43

I'm guessing that there weren't any Stones songs in there because licensing Stones songs costs a lot of money, particularly if they're songs that Allen Klein owns.

Date: July 2, 2008 06:12

thats a good guess baxlap.. its almost not a guess though..

great movie..i really enjoyed it

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 2, 2008 06:51

I love that movie, even got teary-eyed a few times!

When it came out I heard something about the Stones being left out because someone felt they got enough attention. Stupid reason, if true.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 2, 2008 06:56

I'm not surprised if they weren't included. Haven't seen the movie so don't know what songs they used...but looking at Jack Black and his image...I wouldn't be surprised if they focused on more harder rock riffs from AC/DC or even Zeppelin...basically more loud, outlandish and exaggerated guitar sounds.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: July 2, 2008 14:57

Really a great family film. Also love the song the kids compose. And to top it all off we get to see the amazingly sexy Sarah Silverman. smiling smiley

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: July 2, 2008 16:27

They have recently completed a first draft of the script for "School of Rock 2".
It's written by (no joke) Mike White.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 2, 2008 16:35

Yeah, great movie. IĀ“read in an article, that just to mention the trademark"AC/DC" cost thausends of dollars and that meanwhile the costs for using original songs goes into millions. So very often they don`t use original material but stuff that sounds like ACDC, Zep or Stones..

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: July 2, 2008 19:41

Yes, the kids' songs were great. "Step off!"

Jack Black definitely was more of a headbanger type than a Stones type. Aside from the licensing, he could have included the Stones in that big chart he drew on the blackboard in one scene. That surprised and disappointed me a bit. Overall I loved the movie and my young kids too.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 2, 2008 22:05

Hi electricmud. I recall a few years ago when Chevy was using Back In Black for one of their commercials. I believe it was Malcolm Young that said that Chevy was going to use a tune sounding similar to Back In Black so the band gave the consent to use the actual song so at least they got paid for it.

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: July 2, 2008 22:16

Great movie! Jack Black is phenomenal in it.

Incidentally, I live a few blocks away from the real school of rock in Philly, which was the inspiration for the movie.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 3, 2008 03:33

Absolutely loved the film.

A great laugh from start to finish!!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 3, 2008 07:54

However, he would have had a great moment if he'd taught the kids the open G tuning. "This is how you play like you have a wall of guitars when you're completely out of it!"

Learning open G from a magazine article 20 years ago unlocked many mysteries!
I tried to teach my wife open G a few years ago. But her fingers are too tiny too make an effective clamp for the I chord. And she just wasn't that into learning it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2175
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home