Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Album
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 1, 2008 13:15

I've heard that the Stones will start recording a new album in early October this year. Does anybody have some more information?

Re: New Album
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 1, 2008 13:27

[www.iorr.org]

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking they have most material for a new record already done, just need to finish it up.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 1, 2008 13:32

hasn't it leaked online, yet?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 1, 2008 13:37

Adrian-L

Mick is pretty good about keeping things under wrap.
I'm just guessing that with all the time the boys have spent together over the past couple of years, they might have a good bit of stuff done already.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 1, 2008 14:29

I think that the stones have released everything that was "useable" from the ABB sessions therefore they will probably prefer to write fresh material for a new album.They have lots of songs from the past which could be reworked "a la Tattoo You" but they seem to like to record new songs when it's a possible option.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 1, 2008 14:40

rollmops, yeah, and I like it. but I think they have already composed a couple of new songs during the ABB tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2008 14:49

Edith Grove
Adrian-L

Mick is pretty good about keeping things under wrap.
I'm just guessing that with all the time the boys have spent together over the past couple of years, they might have a good bit of stuff done already.

Theyve spent a hell of a lot of time together since 1997 and have released something like 22 new songs in all that time, so whatever theyre doing in each others company, I doubt that working on new songs would be close to the top of the list.

There were, by all accounts, no more finished songs from the ABB sessions which were unreleased.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 1, 2008 15:01

What about a 40 Licks "volume 2" with:
-recorded material not included on "volume 1"
-unreleased tracks, studio and live
- three or four brand new recordings
Another ABCKO/Stones co-operation.
Released on Universal??
Better than waiting another xxx years for a full new studio album

Date: July 1, 2008 15:24

There are many things the world can do without, and yet another Rolling Stones compilation is certainly one of them

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 1, 2008 15:37

Next big Stones thing is the SAL extended DVD out on July 29th.... we should focus on that. What ever is coming after that probably won't surface till 2009, maybe...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2008 15:44

Nothing wrong with more compilations...so long as you don't mind buying them for the odd worthwhile track that's always appended as bait ;^)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-01 15:44 by Spud.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 1, 2008 15:44

Or another Aerosmith compilation......

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 1, 2008 16:07

I am remember reading on Stonesdoug's site about 3 years ago, that Mick and Keith and Don Was had requested all the old unused material from I believe Steel Wheels through Bridges. I have my doubts if there are really enough good songs in those to make a Tattoo YOu album which would be fine for me. Go back to the Some Girls, and Emotional Rescue sessions. Yellow Cab is one of the first tracks I'd clean up.
Die hard fans would know the stuff is old, but the general public would not. I SAY DO IT with a cd that runs no more than 12 tracks.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: July 1, 2008 17:16

I'm just waiting for that bloke maverick to show up and tell us that he's not only HEARD the new album, but played cowbell on the 3rd track, side 2

Posted by: woody4prez ()
Date: July 1, 2008 17:17

No Spare Parts needs to be there, too, along with Claudine.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 1, 2008 17:26

textmonkey
I'm just waiting for that bloke maverick to show up and tell us that he's not only HEARD the new album, but played cowbell on the 3rd track, side 2

lol- yes, he claimed to have a torrent of the early demos, didn't he?

Date: July 1, 2008 18:06

woody4prez
No Spare Parts needs to be there, too, along with Claudine.

If Claudine was litigious in 1980, then its still litigious in 2008.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2008 18:08

Meise
I've heard that the Stones will start recording a new album in early October this year. Does anybody have some more information?

Source?

Date: July 1, 2008 18:11

Bashlets
I am remember reading on Stonesdoug's site about 3 years ago, that Mick and Keith and Don Was had requested all the old unused material from I believe Steel Wheels through Bridges. I have my doubts if there are really enough good songs in those to make a Tattoo YOu album which would be fine for me. Go back to the Some Girls, and Emotional Rescue sessions. Yellow Cab is one of the first tracks I'd clean up.
Die hard fans would know the stuff is old, but the general public would not. I SAY DO IT with a cd that runs no more than 12 tracks.

The album youre probably thinking of would be the Memory Hotel release which almost saw the light of day in 1999 and which was reported on here and elsewhere as an imminent release..nothing came of it. There wasnt even a leaked track listing.

Sorry, but cobbling together a collection of 10-20 year old leftovers (let alone songs from over three decades ago) to make a "new" record would be the last straw in barrel scraping for me. They may as well give up if that would be the level of desperation they would be stooping to.

Leave that stuff for an archives release - not as a 'new' album project. They're not THAT washed up, thankfully.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 1, 2008 19:25

Gazza
There are many things the world can do without, and yet another Rolling Stones compilation is certainly one of them

What about a Bon Jovi compilation?

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: July 1, 2008 19:38

Adrian-L
textmonkey

lol- yes, he claimed to have a torrent of the early demos, didn't he?

summat like that. i remember the more senior parishioners getting a little irate with him. A consummate troll, in his own little way...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 1, 2008 19:57

So was Tattoo You the Stones being washed up? Exile wasn't all one session. Nor Let It Bleed. You know they have some cool tunes they didn't release because Mick wanted to be "current" at that time, which, of course, always dies and makes something dated.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 1, 2008 21:05

If it was actually another TATTOO YOU (like the redone "So Young" from the VOODOO LOUNGE sessions) where the band completes unfinished tracks with overdubs, new vocals and lyrics, and remixing or uses old ideas as a spark to create new songs, I would be all for it. The thing with TATTOO YOU is we forget the oldest songs on the LP were less than nine years old when it was released. That's not what we're asking them to do here unless you're hoping for no songs prior to BRIDGES.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 1, 2008 21:32

skipstone
So was Tattoo You the Stones being washed up? Exile wasn't all one session. Nor Let It Bleed. You know they have some cool tunes they didn't release because Mick wanted to be "current" at that time, which, of course, always dies and makes something dated.

Tattoo You was mostly new material from 1-3 years ago at the time, a new Tattoo You with songs from 1979, 1989, 1993 or even 1997 is being washed up.
If they release 2-3 outtakes from 2002, 2-3 outtakes from 2004-05 and 5 new songs then we're talking.

But the chances for a new Tattoo You is almost zero IMO, after 3+ years without studio activity Mick can write 10 new songs in a month, easy and fast.
In 1981 they were almost dry of ideas after 4 years in the studio and with 50+ recorded songs.

Date: July 1, 2008 21:37

> Mick can write 10 new songs in a month, easy and fast.
exactly! releasing a new album ain't a big deal for them, no chance for new stuff every damn year like in old good days, but we have to wait too much. I want new stuff, ;(

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 1, 2008 21:41

yeah, I agree that as mick writes them, new songs would probably be less work than dredging up and editing old tapes. The question is whether we would really want to hear another album of 10 songs mick wrote in a month.

Date: July 1, 2008 21:45

I think ABB was written that way?
And you know... Yeah, I'd like to hear 10 songs Mick wrote in a month.
I wouldn't like 3 of them at all, 5 would be nice and the 2 left would my lifetime fav (because when you buy new shiny awaited album it always is better than buying 30-year-old CD ;]).

bad Stones songs are quite nice for any other group I know smiling smiley even things like "Sweet Neo Con" or "Suck On the Jugular" or whole "Dirty Work" are loved by someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-01 22:07 by Amused.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: July 1, 2008 21:53

20 best warhorses.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 1, 2008 22:58

i just dont see the stones doing much in the studio again.

which is sad, its over 10 months since the end of the last tour, surely they could have spent a bit of time together to get a new album on the go.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 1, 2008 23:17

cc
yeah, I agree that as mick writes them, new songs would probably be less work than dredging up and editing old tapes. The question is whether we would really want to hear another album of 10 songs mick wrote in a month.

Ueah, we do. Released as a Jagger solo album.

PLUS: an album with Jagger-Richards-Wood tracks and a Robert Johnsson cover. Nothing more, nothing less. And: No Was.

And another one in 2010.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home