Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What is your single greatest Stones experience ??
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 29, 2008 15:52

Don't know if this thread has been done already, but if it has, let's do it again.

Could be anything. A particular concert, buying your first Stones album, getting laid while Stones music is playing in the background, watching Ronnie suck on a banana (if you were at that show), etc.

For me it's a no-brainer. During Aug./Sept. 2003 I spent eleven says in and around London doing the usual touristy things as well as seeing the Edith Grove flat (wish I could have gone inside), had lunch at Sticky Fingers, walked past the Cheyne Walk homes, then later took a personalized driving tour visiting these same places and other rock-n-roll landmarks.
The visit was capped off by a Mick Taylor show at the 100 Club, followed the next night by the Stones at Wembley Arena on 29 August.
My timing could not have been better, as I witnessed probably the best Stones show I've ever seen during that holiday I spent in London.

Re: What is your single greatest Stones experience ??
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:11

My one and only Stones show, Warsaw 2007. Exact moment was, I think, Midnight Rambler or Satisfaction winking smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:17

For me it would be the shows at Twickenham Stadium in 2006. I was lucky enough to get front row seats for both gigs at the cost of £60 per ticket.
The best thing was being able to leave my seat and run to the b-stage just before the stage started moving.
Most people didn't seem to know about it or when it would start moving so it was quite easy to get a good spot close to the b-stage.
I was able to do this on both nights and then return to my front row seat again. Then I got to hear Sway, Rain Fall Down and She's So Cold.
I also met a nice English gal at the first show with whom I went sight-seeing in London the following day. Nice memories for sure.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:26

> I also met a nice English gal at the first show with whom I went sight-seeing in London the following day. Nice memories for sure.
oh yeah :-)

> run to the b-stage just before the stage started moving.
> Most people didn't seem to know about it or when it would start moving
on my show I was standing by the B stage, Keith was 5 meters from me! I was lucky, no one knew how the b-stage works, I got to the concert quite late and still had a nice chance of enjoying the show smiling smiley

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:35

Getting into the Beacon II show

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:43

Winning free tickets/attending the Beacon shows.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 29, 2008 16:57

I've seen them play in London and that was the ultimate fan experience. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat (And probably will next time around). But nothing beats the whole experience of getting them in my hometown. Sitting in the queue as number 1 a full 9 months before the gig (It was postponed). Being on TV and the radio about it, playing two gigs as a Stones cover band the day before the gig, writing about my fave albums and tracks for the national Danish TV's website, meeting my first IORReans (MickJaggeroo and his Vikings), being asked to come on to Danish TV the day before (Which I couldn't make because I was playing the two gigs - Ultimately the spot went to Michrud from IORR) and all other kinds of stuff. Nothing will ever beat that I think. But the Stones always have a way of surprising me, so who knows?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 29, 2008 17:48

I've got so many great Stones memories it's hard to narrow it down.
My first Stones show MSG 1975, meeting Ronnie Wood, all the great road trips on the US Tours...

Probably have to go with Hampton 1981.
Saw both shows on Dec 18 & 19, with the 18th being Keith's birthday, of course. As i recall the shows were on Friday and Saturday night so that whole weekend was one huge Stones road trip for me and my friends.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 29, 2008 18:12

My affair with Anita when I was on holliday in the south of france and she had some trouble in Nellcote.........but I promised not to tell you.......thanks Edith

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 29, 2008 18:51

The first RS gig in Gothenburg 1990, still shivering, 2000 LY was goosepumping for me

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: June 29, 2008 19:53

Captial Centre, Largo, MD 12-9-81

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 29, 2008 20:02

Can't mention one so I mention four...

Interviewing & meeting Bill Wyman 2005.

Meeting Mick Taylor 2005.

Meeting ALO 2004.

Watching Stones in Brno 2007, my only concert sofar.

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: June 29, 2008 21:19

Getting tickets for Cirkus Stockholm.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 29, 2008 21:45

Hard to pick one :

Under my Thumb and rest of gig wembley 82 crushed near the stage.
Connection, Sheffield 95 - totally unexpected
Golden Circle Last gig at Wembley Stadium
Crushed against walkway Glasgow 2003 (high five from MJ and RW)
"salt of the earth" and "rock me baby" Twickenham 2003
Sway at sheffield 2006
1st night at O2 - My birthday and heavily celebrating ! (6th row AND front of bstage)

fAVOURITE Stones moment was probably hearing the news that they where going back on the road in 89.

sc uk

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2008 22:04

It's a tie between:

1. First Stones concert - LA Coliseum '81...the moment they hit the stage.

2. Licks Tour, free benefit concert- LA Staples Center '03...front row B-stage Midnight Rambler.

Close runner-ups:

Stockholm Cirkus '03-front row
Vredenberg '03 - front row

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-29 22:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 29, 2008 22:36

I'd like to think I haven't had it yet.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 29, 2008 23:48

When my friend and I stole passes from the Ritz-Carlton concierge for the club show at the Double-Door in Chicago. The envelope was for Chuck's wife, but I think she has enough life-time access to the Stones. We where so happy until we discovered only one pass in the envelope. Then only I was happy, because a decision was made for me to keep it, since it was already in my hand, and I was not giving it up. The street in front of the bar was closed off, and I had to walk down a corridor of Chicago police to get to the front door. Since it was a band pass I was able to enter before the wristband people, and walk right to the front of the stage and wait with my two double drinks. Then me and a couple hundred friends enjoyed an intimate concert including the debut of Out of Control, which Had not been released yet, and a lovely nod to Chicago Blues with Shame Shame Shame, probably for me since I stole the pass.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 29, 2008 23:57

For it's still Ronnie slapping a pick in my hand.

...and I THINK Keith gave me a wink as he passed by on the B-stage. I'd like to think he did, though........

Posted by: stein ()
Date: June 30, 2008 00:04

For me it was in Toronto okt 18. 2002. I meet Mick and talked with him before the Sky Dome show

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 30, 2008 00:06

It's too hard for me to choose:

1981 After a friend tipped me off... watching the Stones shoot "WOAF" video in East Village NYC, shaking Keith's hand, & getting his joint.

1994 Crashing the Voodoo Loung press conference on the pier in NYC

2006 Getting in to see them at Radio City Music Hall (for free)

a few others
I can't say

Date: June 30, 2008 01:10

Mick hurling a bucket of water at me at the end of Seattle 1975.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 30, 2008 01:11

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 13:22 by vudicus.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 30, 2008 01:31

winning two tix to port chester 97 club gig and hearing my name on the radio,fantastic experience

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 30, 2008 01:55

Nothing like the first time. New Orleans, July 13, 1978 - Some Girl's Tour in the LA Superdome. A great show.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: June 30, 2008 02:04

Meeting Keith and becoming his friend in 1986. I met the rest of the band in 1989. Cool experience.

CBII

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 30, 2008 02:08

It have to be hyde park july 69, standing on my car roof at the edge of the park, and watching the stones arrive in an old army ambulance.the ambulance driving past the front of my car, it was like the second coming.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 30, 2008 02:54

This moment, right now....forgetting all that I know and just being...and, oh maybe getting my first Street Fighting Man US sleeve...

JR

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 30, 2008 03:20

Have to add - Gettin to know all ya good people out there! smiling smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2008 04:15

Worried About you in Melbourne on the Bang tour

awesome

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 30, 2008 05:27

July 10, 1975, LA Forum.
Watching that lotus stage unfold with Fanfare and HTW...
Lord, have mercy, that was breathtaking.
The video of July 11 and the photos in books don't do it justice.
You just had to see it to believe it.
That's the best stage anyone in R&R has ever had and ever will.
Whoever thought of it (Jagger, Jules Fisher, Wagner, whoever)
should be knighted.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home