Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Am I missing something, or do Coldplay suck?
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:31

Coldplay is totally bullsh*t ! If they are somekind of rock future, we can be afraid of what rock will be after the Stones !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 1, 2008 06:33

Silver Dagger
Coldplay is music for boys who wet their beds.

yep; that says it for me too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-12 09:47 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 1, 2008 15:35

The point of this thread, and what makes it so freshy here, is that the Stones fans have found something else to call with names than the usual and boring U2 or Macca... >grinning smiley<

But I think that even the most purist fans still have a long way to reach the level of dissing contemporary acts of the master Keith Richards does...

(And please, do not take my remark serious or personal - have fun smileys with beer)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-01 15:36 by Doxa.

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: March 14, 2014 10:48

Just stumbled across this thread here and couldn't help but chuck a comment up here.
I'm a fan under 25 and generally don't like much music released after say 1990. However, I do enjoy some aspects of coldplay and radiohead.

Radiohead has gone way too electronic for me now and in typical coldplay fashion coldplay has gone and followed radioheads lead and gone down the toilet whereas I used to enjoy some of their tracks.

P.S For anyone who doesn't like radiohead, their best album is their first - Pablo Honey. It is an early 90s rock type album which I really enjoyed and wished that they would have produced more content like that.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:31

Who are Coldplay? confused smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:33

maybe it is because i am getting old,
but never liked them. boring and pretentious

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:09

I often think that, besides not living in the same country anymore, another reason that the Stones do not make albums of high quality anymore is that there are no inspiring rock bands anymore to give them inspiration. In the 60s and 70s, not only a lot of the original blues and soul musicians were around, but they also had Beatles, Cream, Hendrix, Creedence, Led Zeppeling, Velvet Underground, and countless other bands around that one way or the other changed the sound of rock music. Even when you don't like any of these bands, it's undeniable that they contributed something new to the overall sound of rock music. The last time the Stones received any more or less interesting inspiration was in the late 70s when both punk and disco gave them something new to try. Since then, bands of the 80s, 90s, etc..., all play that same soulless whine, whether it's called new-wave, grunge, indie or emo. No grooves, no dynamics, no excitement. Only in hip/hop or electronic music things have happened occasionally, but obviously the Stones should not even try to meddle with that.
So, no, you don't miss anything, Coldplay (and Radiohead, and the rest) is useless.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:41

matxil
I often think that, besides not living in the same country anymore, another reason that the Stones do not make albums of high quality anymore is that there are no inspiring rock bands anymore to give them inspiration. In the 60s and 70s, not only a lot of the original blues and soul musicians were around, but they also had Beatles, Cream, Hendrix, Creedence, Led Zeppeling, Velvet Underground, and countless other bands around that one way or the other changed the sound of rock music. Even when you don't like any of these bands, it's undeniable that they contributed something new to the overall sound of rock music. The last time the Stones received any more or less interesting inspiration was in the late 70s when both punk and disco gave them something new to try. Since then, bands of the 80s, 90s, etc..., all play that same soulless whine, whether it's called new-wave, grunge, indie or emo. No grooves, no dynamics, no excitement. Only in hip/hop or electronic music things have happened occasionally, but obviously the Stones should not even try to meddle with that.
So, no, you don't miss anything, Coldplay (and Radiohead, and the rest) is useless.
Very good insight. I would add there was a competition (as in Stones vs Beatles) to drive The Stones and a lust for riches. All perfectly normal.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2014 13:16

Doxa
the Stones fans have found something else to call with names than the usual and boring U2 or Macca... >grinning smiley<

Exactly! I was about to write that the good thing about CP is U2 sounds great when compared to them. grinning smiley

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: March 14, 2014 14:25

lol...aren't we all the hardasses over here. Coldplay is hardly soulless...just a whole different genre. If you can't hear that, you can't hear anything.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2014 14:33

Can't hear wot? Lifeless dull elevator "rock"? Plus accusations of plagiarism?

CP is the kind of "music" you put in your car stereo to make the driving less tedious that's about all.

CP is the American Nickelback (ouch that one hurts!) grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 14:35 by dcba.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: March 14, 2014 14:41

Now...Nickelback DOES suck !!! I can't hear that shit without cringing..cus it's fake. I don't get a fake vibe with coldplay...bit wussy yes, but that's ok smiling smiley

Date: March 14, 2014 14:42

dcba
Can't hear wot? Lifeless dull elevator "rock"? Plus accusations of plagiarism?

CP is the kind of "music" you put in your car stereo to make the driving less tedious that's about all.

CP is the American Nickelback (ouch that one hurts!) grinning smiley

confused smiley

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:04

SUCK!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2014 15:13

If you don't have anything nice to say then there is no way you should start a separate Off Topic thread about it on IORR, as many people do like various bands.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home