Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith's best vocal?
Date: July 1, 2008 01:07

George Jones?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:18

harlito1969
Silver Dagger
Hey, just remembered....We Had It All. A masterclass in country singing. Great American accent too. Especially when he sings 'through the Georgia pines'. Chokes me up everytime I hear it.

Do you have any idea who wrote "We Had It All"? I have it on a Dolly Parton CD.

Writing credits are to Troy Seals / Donnie Fritts

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:33

Released songs - The final verse of "Slipping Away".

However, nothing, for me, touches the Toronto 1977 material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-01 01:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:44

His very first line in Careless Ethiopians is in my ears
actually the best ever sung by any human being ever.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:54

<<Writing credits are to Troy Seals / Donnie Fritts>>

If I remember correctly Donnie Fritts was connected to Muscle Shoals

Who was the first to release a version of 'We Had It All'? I think Keith mentions Dobie Gray when introducing it at that Willie Nelson show[Forgot the name].Is that correct?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 1, 2008 03:30

Dobie Gray is the name that Keith mentions in the intro. I don't know if he's the first to release it. Keno's site mentions The Rolling Stones recording it in 1979 (I think) but not releasing it. Only Keith & Ron played (with Sugar Blue on Harp) thus can barely be considered as being recorded by The Rolling Stones.

I'd like to hear it anyhow!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 1, 2008 04:33

i still enjoy hearing keith's vocals and always will. But for me his apex was when he still had that gorgeous tenor with a hint of roughness. The harmonies on BS and many of the all time golden standards sets a new high for the exact right mixture of rough and tender, resolved and delivered in exact tandem with Mick. Ripping but exactly on key and also quite sympathetic and tender.

When Keith was the main harmony singer on record (for many many many years) and also in concert, imo the man was at his absolute apex as a vocalist. (I did enjoy 'connection' on the otherwise dreadful SAL project.)
Here's hoping the DVD does without the embarassing Marty shtick and gives us a mix with both guitars UP...unlike the throwaway soundtrack they released.
By the way where's the bass on that record. Maybe we are better off not hearing it come to think of it.
OF course YGTS, BTMMR and others....many of his lead vokes during the period before his voice was changed, (or became kinda wrecked in a way) was when he made absolute history pristine undeniable golden age majesty every time he sang a harmony.
I often listen to the early London stuff thru the golden age and just marvel at Keith's voice as well as his writing and git playing.

He's still capapble of soulful vocalizing, this is just an opinion not trashing the main man.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 1, 2008 04:59

harlito1969
Silver Dagger
Hey, just remembered....We Had It All. A masterclass in country singing. Great American accent too. Especially when he sings 'through the Georgia pines'. Chokes me up everytime I hear it.

Do you have any idea who wrote "We Had It All"? I have it on a Dolly Parton CD.

In that video posted above, Keith mentions Dobie Gray, but I'm not certain he wrote it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 1, 2008 05:24

written by Donnie Fritts and Troy Seals

made popular by Waylon Jennings.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 1, 2008 05:31

Top 5

1.You Got The Silver
2.Happy
3.Before They Make ME Run
4.Little T & A
5.Slipping Away

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 1, 2008 09:26

If you ask Patti it's probably when Keith said 'I do'.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: July 7, 2008 08:16

Had a little Goat's Head Soup party for my car ride today and...Coming Down Again sure is....fantastic. So, I think I'll fourth or fifth that suggestion. For pure sexiness of vocal (do they give Grammy's for that category?)

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: July 7, 2008 15:33

Coming Down Again...nothing else comes close tho I love anything he sings.

Duece And A Quarter (not sure if title is correct) with Levon Helm is wonderful.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 7, 2008 16:20

"Duece And A Quarter" is slang for a Buick Electra 225, a poor man's Caddy in the 60's and 70's.

"Say It's Not You" is a duet combining the vocal talents of Keith (?!?!) and George Jones.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: July 7, 2008 17:43

You Got The SIlver

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home