Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Faces and Keith ... 70's probably
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 13, 2008 21:20

Re: The Faces and Keith ... 70's probably
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 21:31

yeah, that is from Faces last concert, 1974, keith was the special guest. It's out on dvd, great great great footage.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 14, 2008 16:40

I just got this from a friend. It's great, but what strikes me is how much better it becomes when Keith comes on.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 14, 2008 16:48

>> yeah, that is from Faces last concert, 1974 <<

well, it's the *so-called* Faces Final Concert - it was the final one for 1974 (december 23rd to be exact)
but they of course toured twice in 75 as well ... for people who have the dvd, have you noticed
that during Angel Keith is watching from behind an amp? he disappears when the sing-along starts :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-14 16:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: June 14, 2008 17:13

Would've been hard to miss that bit since I watched the concert 42935867 times. D:

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 14, 2008 18:22

farawayeyes2
yeah, that is from Faces last concert, 1974, keith was the special guest. It's out on dvd, great great great footage.

Well yeah. It's a fuller sound with two guitarists playing off each other the way Keith and Ronnie do. Most of the album cuts were overdubs of Ronnie playing two parts, but live he had to pull it off himself. Plus it's always special when Keith enters a stage.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 14, 2008 20:03

Rock n fluckin roll baby!

Top stuff.....

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: June 14, 2008 20:47

JumpingKentFlash
I just got this from a friend. It's great, but what strikes me is how much better it becomes when Keith comes on.

KInd've like the LIve Aid show in the U.S. in 1985(?) -- major acts, but it didn't really take off till till Mick hit the stage.

Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: June 14, 2008 22:34

Last British gig

Posted by: Y A P Y A P ()
Date: June 15, 2008 15:35

"...70's probably"......??

Well, since the Faces didn't exist in the 80's, 90's, or the 0's....or whatever you call this decade( SNL MJ reference), that would be a pretty safe bet on it being the 70's.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 17, 2008 20:02

The following comments about Ronnie vs. Taylor were found on You-Tube. I know the board hates these comparisons, but I thought there were a few original thoughts in the post. Again, not my words, but it is an interesting theory.

Ron Wood's style was more suited to The Faces than the Stones. The Faces were a good time band and Wood's more R&B style suited them. When he joined the Stones, he detracted from their dramatic power and stressed their weak points. Mick Taylor is the most exciting, guitar player I've ever heard and he brought out the best in the Stones. Neither has done as well since he left. Listen to Rod Stewart's Gasoline Alley and the Stones live'72 for Wood and Taylor's best moments.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: June 17, 2008 20:10

Ron Wood's style was more suited to The Faces than the Stones. The Faces were a good time band and Wood's more R&B style suited them. When he joined the Stones, he detracted from their dramatic power and stressed their weak points. Mick Taylor is the most exciting, guitar player I've ever heard and he brought out the best in the Stones. Neither has done as well since he left. Listen to Rod Stewart's Gasoline Alley and the Stones live'72 for Wood and Taylor's best moments.[/quote]

I dont' think that way..Both (mick and woody) were great and suited the stones in their particular era. What about Miss You and the whole Some Girls with Taylor istead of Ronnie? Ronnie brought in the funky punky groove. And what about All Down the Line and the whole exile without that bluesy slide guitar? I'm happy things went that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-17 20:14 by farawayeyes2.

Re: The Faces and Keith - december 1974
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 17, 2008 20:56

>> few original thoughts in the post <<

very few indeed

Re: The Faces and Keith - december 1974
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 17, 2008 23:14

with sssoul
>> few original thoughts in the post <<

very few indeed

Well then, that settles it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home