Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Police at MSG farewell concert
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 12, 2008 01:06

Anybody has a passcode for the presale by chance? I can't afford to become a member again.
Thanks in advance guys ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-12 01:08 by micwer.

Re: OT: The Police at MSG farewell concert
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 12, 2008 01:53

save your money mate. saw em last year here in the UK and it was without doubt one of the most boring, uninspired, going thru the motions gigs i've ever had the misfortune to witness

soul destroyingly bad

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 12, 2008 04:59

another lets do it for the money tour

Date: June 12, 2008 06:57

I saw them twice myself, but this is the final concert of their career (or so they say...). Should be pretty good.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:08

one of the most boring, uninspired, going thru
the motions gigs i've ever had the misfortune to witness....

This is a crime against humanity!!!....Someone oughta report this sting to the cops

ROCKMAN

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:55

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Their act didn't age well.

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:58

The band that opened their european gigs is freakin cool.
Bet they must've been the highlight of the night. D:

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 12, 2008 08:06

Sting's kid's band is no longer the supporting act? Talk about misguided nepotism.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 12, 2008 09:29

andy js
save your money mate. saw em last year here in the UK and it was without doubt one of the most boring, uninspired, going thru the motions gigs i've ever had the misfortune to witness

soul destroyingly bad

Wouldn't be one of the Twickenham shows, would it? A friend of mine told me the exact same thing. I did warn him ....

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 12, 2008 10:27

i saw 'em just this last may in chicago and thought they were f'ing great! stuart copeland was a wonder to watch.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 12, 2008 15:44

I´m reading Andy Summers excellent book One Train Later where he mentions that he was among the possible replacements for Mick Taylor. Does anybody know if Summers actually was asked to join the Stones or if was merely rumours? He doesn´t elaborate on it and I`m just curious.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 12, 2008 16:13

micwer
I saw them twice myself, but this is the final concert of their career (or so they say...). Should be pretty good.

It will be exactly the same as every other show on their tour. Only more expensive. Maybe you can get some tickets from your firm.

Date: June 12, 2008 18:59

tatters
micwer

It will be exactly the same as every other show on their tour. Only more expensive. Maybe you can get some tickets from your firm.

Ah ah I'd love to, but I'm afraid the partners at my firm won't give them away this time.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 12, 2008 19:55

I wont be able to attend, as im watching some paint to dry

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2008 21:13

i saw the police on halloween 2007 10/31/07 at the garden and at first i was a little hesitant okay but omg did the blow the roof off the dump stuart copeland was a show all by himself i was dacing the whole night away .really great show worth every penny.i HIGHLY recomend the POLICE.P.S.i would not mind attending myself .one final thought three guy's on one stage together making such wonderful music together !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 12, 2008 21:48

The Greek
i saw the police on halloween 2007 10/31/07 at the garden and at first i was a little hesitant okay but omg did the blow the roof off the dump stuart copeland was a show all by himself i was dacing the whole night away .really great show worth every penny.i HIGHLY recomend the POLICE.P.S.i would not mind attending myself .one final thought three guy's on one stage together making such wonderful music together !!!!!!!!!!!

i totally agree - i can't believe there's so much negativity about their tour on this board - with the same negative comments i hear about the stones!

i wonder if any of the naysayers actually saw the tour - or even liked the police back in the day?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2008 22:44

my exact sentiment. how three guy's like that can rock so hard is so beatiful!!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 12, 2008 22:58

Nikolai
Wouldn't be one of the Twickenham shows, would it? A friend of mine told me the exact same thing. I did warn him ....

Nah. indoors, Birmingham NIA. it was that bad we (me and my sister who is a HUGE Police fan from way back) left after about 70 mins

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:29

I saw them May 3rd with Elvis Costello opening in Buffalo. I was there for Elvis. I am a fan of very early Police, but tired of them and Sting (who is incredibly boring live).

Anyway, Elvis and the Imposters ROCKED thru some hits and Momofuku for 50 minutes. Amazing energy. The Police came out and were surprisingly good, though I hate to admit it.

For the 2 bands, it was worth it. But I would never pay that much for the Police alone,

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 13, 2008 01:40

micwer
tatters
micwer

Ah ah I'd love to, but I'm afraid the partners at my firm won't give them away this time.

Actually, I think this Saturday, New York's two PBS stations (channel 13 in NYC and channel 21 on Long Island) will be offering tickets in return for a generous pledge to either of those two stations. I'm not sure how many tickets are going to be "sold" that way, but it's not a bad way to do it. It's for a good cause, at least.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 13, 2008 01:54

Go if you can

This is a great tour and a fantastic show
different songs in the set this time around too.

The Police are outstanding live.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:06

I would think a $50 ticket, would be easy to obtain outside MSG?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 13, 2008 10:57

I saw them twice, once in Amsterdam last September, and the second time in Mannheim last week.

Last week they were great! A lot of improvisation, great communication between Sting, Stu & Andy and great playing by all three. Stings bass playing was really, really great.
As Stewart Copeland said: The first year it has been hard work to get the group back together - and now it's fun. So it seems.

The reviews for the shows they played this year are all very positive; people who went to the Duesseldorf show last Sunday with mixed feelings about what to expect came back saying it was one of the best concerts they had ever seen.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 17:45

I saw the Police last year in Atlanta. It was an oustanding show and I'm no huge fan of the Police.

Date: June 14, 2008 02:10

These 3 guys can rock. Their repertoire is not the Stones', but they're 3 solid musicians with one of the best drummers ever.

A partir de la...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 14, 2008 02:20

but wait a minute, what about the second band they have backstage, where have i heard that one before? oh i remember , right here on this board, about a half a dozen other bands including the stones have been accused of this

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 14, 2008 03:55

The Stones were playing backstage on the nights The Police got good reviews lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-14 04:14 by FrankM.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 14, 2008 15:39

I never liked them.....Never understood why you should call your band "The Police"....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home