Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger Solo Australia/Japan 1988 Set List
Date: June 13, 2008 18:20

silverstones69

Don't forget, us Aussies hadn't seen the Stones for 13 years & they weren't to show up again until around 1995, so to have Mick come over in 1986 [it was '86 I am fairly certain & not '88],

silverstones69.

It was definitely 1988.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: June 13, 2008 18:43

I don't know...the Keith Stones songs that he did, half were covers...Too Rude, I wanna Be Your Man, Time Is On My Side...etc...you didn't see Keith go for the safe route with the WARHOSES like Jagger did...looking at both set lists...Keith's has the flavor of a Keith Richards solo show...where Jagger's set list looked like a Rolling Stones cover show.

PECMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 13, 2008 20:13

kees
Gazza, I don't agree with your last judgement.
For me Keith solo is much more enjoyable than all what the Stones did from 89 and on on stage. The Winos 'rock' much more in my opinion that the Stones in the Steel Wheel area on later on.

Each to their own, Kees. They probably 'rock' more in the sense that its a more stripped down sound. Whether it's more enjoyable is a matter of opinion, of course. (I love Keith's two solo albums and the solo tours were pretty good - but they'll always be a distant second best to a Stones tour)

There's more to the Stones music than "rock" anyway and things would have been somewhat anti-climactic if we all we had to talk about since 1988 were solo tours. I seriously doubt this site or any of us would be here if that had been the case.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: July 12, 2012 17:58

erikjjf
From nzentgraf.de:

880322A 22nd March: MICK JAGGER. Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo Dome/Kurakuen Stadium

The entry should read Tokyo Dome (only).

Korakuen Stadium closed on November 8, 1987 and demolition proceeded soon after, which was completed in February 1988. The former site of the right-center field area is now occupied by a high-rise, the Tokyo Dome Hotel. The remainder of the former ballpark site is a plaza for the Tokyo Dome and the hotel.

Posted by: articzone ()
Date: July 12, 2012 20:02

Interseting thread. this may be discussed elsewhere but does someone have a listing of the dates and locations of these solo shows?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:26

If someone has the real setlist of the Corner hôtel ... Seems the show was longer than the cd brothers of sodom is.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home