Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Faces reunion ? We hope so ... check out Ronnie on this
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 8, 2008 16:39

Put the cursor over the arrow in the bottom right hand corner, click on the little icon directly above it, it shrinks the image, copy the URL into your browser ... and you got it. Check it out, dontcha just love Ronnie ?!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-08 18:56 by paulywaul.

Re: Faces reunion ? We hope so ... check out Ronnie on this
Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: June 8, 2008 17:21

Hi Pauly. They won't play here cause the person who uploaded the videos disabled the embedding thing.

People, if you want to watch them.. Click the arrow on the right -> menu -> copy the link and you know..

Date: June 8, 2008 18:43

Adi Tyler
Hi Pauly. They won't play here cause the person who uploaded the videos disabled the embedding thing.

People, if you want to watch them.. Click the arrow on the right -> menu -> copy the link and you know..

Eh what ? Assume I'm an idiot (most do) and explain in a kind of "how to get this clip to play for dummies" step by step way ... if you don't mind that is. I still can't finger it out !

PS: Got it got it ... thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-08 19:03 by paulywaul.

Date: June 8, 2008 19:12

Ok, so Embedding disabled by request means the video can't be played by any external sites.

So...

I feel so geeky now.

P.S Those above are just pics. Don't try clicking on them grinning smiley Go to the videos Pauly posted.

Date: June 8, 2008 19:13

Oh, nevermind.

Date: June 8, 2008 20:09

Adi Tyler
Oh, nevermind.

I got it man, I got it ... just not sure if others have done. As u say ... nevermind. But fanx for the help regardless. Just really really really wanted to share this cos' Ron sounds SO f f f f f f f f friggin' good on it.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: June 8, 2008 20:49

Yes, let ronnie tour with the faces again and please get the Stones back on stage at the same time with Waddy Wachtel as the replacement.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 8, 2008 22:40

I agree...the Faces, or maybe it's just the chemistry with Rod, seemed to bring the best out of Ronnie. Sometimes I think playing live with Keef makes it easier to dare I say "slack" because Keef's there to back him up. I think the same can probably be said for Keef. When he played with the Whino's I think he knew he had to step it up a notch cause it was pretty much his band alone and the duties fell primarily on his shoulders.

Maybe the best thing to happen at this point in their careers is for Ronnie to take a break with the Faces and the Whinos get back together. It could very well be a blessing in disguise.

Date: June 8, 2008 23:08

shadooby
I agree...the Faces, or maybe it's just the chemistry with Rod, seemed to bring the best out of Ronnie. Sometimes I think playing live with Keef makes it easier to dare I say "slack" because Keef's there to back him up. I think the same can probably be said for Keef. When he played with the Whino's I think he knew he had to step it up a notch cause it was pretty much his band alone and the duties fell primarily on his shoulders.

Maybe the best thing to happen at this point in their careers is for Ronnie to take a break with the Faces and the Whinos get back together. It could very well be a blessing in disguise.

If you haven't already done so, you really really really NEED to do what it takes to get that clip of the Faces doing You Wear It Well to play (follow Adi Tyler's tip) ... cos' Ron absolutely SHINES on it. But I suspect you already have. Yep, I agree, I think a great use of their talents and energies right now would be for exactly that ... for Ronnie to re-ignite the Faces and for Keith to do the Winos thing. We'll all be blessed ... providing we can get tickets to see the bastards !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-09 00:13 by paulywaul.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 8, 2008 23:29

Check out the Faces on the BBC Crown Jewels series on VH1 Classic sometime, or the Unplugged and Seated album with Rod. Awesome stuff!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 9, 2008 00:13

A reunion tour would be great as long as they dont let Rod do "Hot Legs" or any of that crap. Put a nothin after 1975 clause in the contract!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 9, 2008 01:00

scottkeef
A reunion tour would be great as long as they dont let Rod do "Hot Legs" or any of that crap. Put a nothin after 1975 clause in the contract!

I second that emotion

Posted by: doster ()
Date: June 9, 2008 01:15

That rocked!

Date: June 9, 2008 14:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-09 14:57 by paulywaul.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 9, 2008 15:17

Now thats what I recall vibrato!

Lets see MT play the guitar AND footy at the same time.....

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 9, 2008 15:21

shadooby
I agree...the Faces, or maybe it's just the chemistry with Rod, seemed to bring the best out of Ronnie. Sometimes I think playing live with Keef makes it easier to dare I say "slack" because Keef's there to back him up. quote]

Certainly wasn't the case during the last tour.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 9, 2008 17:16

Ablett - Taylor would blow that effort away with one hand - want to keep it up??

MLC

Date: June 9, 2008 17:19

You want me to keep it up with one hand?

Dirty beggar!

Date: June 9, 2008 18:04

Date: June 9, 2008 18:13

Rock n frigging roll! Superb stuff.

Ya can keep ur noodling 10 guitar solo's any day.....

Date: June 9, 2008 18:31

ablett
Rock n frigging roll! Superb stuff.

Ya can keep ur noodling 10 guitar solo's any day.....

Agree, isn't that just dynamite ... superb eh ?

HIYA RON ............ HIYA ROD !! GET IT TOGETHER BOYS, WE'RE A WAITIN !!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home