Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Springsteen Most Over-rated Artist Of Our Time
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 7, 2008 03:52

Fire away!

Re: OT: Springsteen Most Over-rated Artist Of Our Time
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 7, 2008 04:05

Nope. It's not even worth responding to! Here's a guy who has released, since 1995, ten or eleven cds at least, a few of them live, a couple archives, and a heap of new music. He's done dark, mellow albums, big-sounding rock albums, and even old-timey albums, all within the last four years of his career. He's brilliant, as a songwriter, a performer, guitar player. He's recorded some of his best stuff recently, and still tours with a great band, radically changing the setlist every night. I understand if you don't like him, but... over-rated? No. And that doesn't even include his incredible earlier stuff.

Oops, I responded. Darn! smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2008 04:19

Shadooby - most Springsteen obsessed poster on IORR...(even more than those of us who actually like Bruce)

.....and an Eagles fan starting a trolling thread on how overrated any artist (let alone Springsteen) is? drinking smiley

Date: June 7, 2008 04:33

Gazza-obviously the poster who has nothing better to do but monitor other's postings and personally call them out. What next another picture of your egotistical self? I wasn't sure if your intention was to scare me or turn me on but I can assure you it wasn't the former so I guess much to your liking it must have been the latter. People like you are just looking for false heroes and idols and can't stand it when the real world hits them square on the chin!

Date: June 7, 2008 04:35

er....you're aware that picture you refer to (which I didnt even post) ISN'T actually me?

Go to the clue store and pick one up.

>People like you are just looking for false heroes and idols and can't stand it when the real world hits them square on the chin!

What the f*ck ARE you talking about? You make sunnybandyo's posts sound intelligent.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-07 04:40 by Gazza.

Date: June 7, 2008 04:46

No idea who sunnybandyo is but you obviously LIVE in this fantasy world which some of us occasionally visit apart from our real lives. Go back to your Bruce altar oh faithful servant, I shall not bother you again!

Date: June 7, 2008 04:53

I'd say that the most overrated is Garth Brooks or Billy Joel,maybe Kiss or Queen but,definitely not Springsteen.

Date: June 7, 2008 04:56

You're not 'bothering' me in the slightest, shadooby. I find you quite hilarious and great entertainment in your own way. It's all fun. It's you who seem to be 'bothered' by this more than anyone, going by your responses. It means nothing to me at all who you or anyone likes or dislikes.

Piece of free advice - Its not the brightest idea in the world to start a thread on any subject which is solely designed to troll (your first post basically invites people to flame you) if you cant deal with the negative responses that are going to arise from it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-07 05:01 by Gazza.

Date: June 7, 2008 04:58

Everyone is entitled to an opinion though.I did not intend to add fuel to the fire > I didn't read those posts before I posted.So,in short,keep me out of this.

Date: June 7, 2008 05:04

Gazza
You're not 'bothering' me in the slightest, shadooby. I find you quite hilarious and great entertainment in your own way. It's all fun. It's you who seem to be 'bothered' by this more than anyone, going by your responses.

Piece of free advice - Its not the brightest idea in the world to start a thread on any subject which is solely designed to troll (your first post basically invites people to flame you) if you cant deal with the negative responses that are going to arise from it.

HEY YOU TOOK IT TO A PERSONAL LEVEL MR. GAZZA. WHERE I COME FROM WE SETTLE MATTERS LIKE THIS ON A ONE ON ONE BASIS BEHIND THE WOOD SHED!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 7, 2008 05:33

LOL

HEY.....Gaza is CORRECT, and your BS about fighting (SETTLE MATTERS LIKE THIS ON A ONE ON ONE BASIS BEHIND THE WOOD SHED!)...IS BS!!!
I have a feeling whne you get back tehre there will be a brigade against you.

Soooo..DUDE get over it,

Dont start a bunch of BS,, coming to a Stones board about BWucey....Ufkngoofball.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2008 05:52

shadooby
Fire away!

Allright seriously man. Is your lone sole agenda to be an @#$%&? If so, mission accomplished. I don't really care if you like Springsteen or not. Your loss if you don't. But to come on here with the sole purpose of being a dick is a short lived strategy. Maybe you get your Rocks Off this way. People telling you to go F-yourself. I've heard of stranger things. But it's been my experience that no matter how much this style of posting turns you on. It will be short lived. See ya later jerk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-07 06:36 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 7, 2008 06:35

Why start a thread and just say fire away? At least back up your claim. I mean, I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I wouldn't start a ridiculous post that just calls for people to bash you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-07 06:35 by J.J.Flash.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 7, 2008 06:55

shadooby
HEY YOU TOOK IT TO A PERSONAL LEVEL MR. GAZZA. WHERE I COME FROM WE SETTLE MATTERS LIKE THIS ON A ONE ON ONE BASIS BEHIND THE WOOD SHED!

Let me guess. A sheepfvcking contest?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2008 07:00

fiftyamp
shadooby

Let me guess. A sheepfvcking contest?

In that case my money's on Gazza.......Just kidding.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: June 7, 2008 07:11

Im gonna get this in before the thread is closed: Led Zeppelin.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 7, 2008 07:13

And The Who.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 7, 2008 07:15

...But I dont agree with the Boss as Most... No, no, Boss is the real deal.
Too complicated & contentful lyrics for me is his only problem here.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 7, 2008 08:17

OK.

Springsteen is one of the finest singer/songwriters of his generation through 2008.

Simple. Undeniable.

I'm a moderate fan of B.S., and enjoy your bs too.

Posted by: Dear Doctor ()
Date: June 7, 2008 08:37

shadooby you right, springsteen is100% the most over-rated bag of shit I ever heard

he sucks, plain and simple

you are not a troll, this is a Stones board and it unfortunately polluted constantly by springsteen groupie Gazza and a few others who hold the jersey crybaby in the same status as the stones.Talk about delushional.

Gazza stick to your juvenille board 'rocks off' and keep your worshipping of dylan and cop hater springsteen off a REAL Stones site.

damn springsteen is such a waste

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 7, 2008 15:02

I usually respect the opinions on this board, because I am a big Stones fan and I like to read what other Stones fans have to say... But your Springsteen bashing exposes complete lunacy. If you don't like him, ok fine... but the "bag of sh--" comment along with the "sucks plain and simple" just demonstrates your incapability of ever discovering anything beyond your tiny, simplistic musical world. Sorry, DD, but the definition of delusion is someone who cannot see the skill and talent and legend in a man like Bruce. The Hardest Working Band in Show Business is just that. I love the Stones more than anything, but the E Street Band has kicked everyone else's asses all over the place on the road for 10 years now.

Now go get yourself a copy of The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle and educate yourself. Expand your limited musical scope. If you don't like it, get rid of it. But you'll hear funky riffs and artistic expression on that one cd that will educate you.

And I said I wouldn't even get sucked into this post!!! OK, sorry for the negativity, but the post deserves it. Now onto a happy Saturday. Cheers!

Date: June 7, 2008 15:02

Cop hater?Well,for what it's worth,not all cops are perfect.There are plenty of crooked and corrupt ones out there.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 7, 2008 15:58

"An important minor artist or a rather flawed and inconsistent major one"

--Christgau (1978)

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 7, 2008 16:11

Threads like this alone make me wish the Stones become active really soon, so we have something to discuss again. Something Stones related. Even the Taylor vs. Wood debates are more interesting then threads that have no other objective then to provoke. Like this ridiculous one.

So much crap on IORR lately.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: June 7, 2008 16:21

Dear Doctor
shadooby you right, springsteen is100% the most over-rated bag of shit I ever heard

you are not a troll, this is a Stones board and it unfortunately polluted constantly by springsteen groupie Gazza and a few others who hold the jersey crybaby in the same status as the stones.Talk about delushional.

Gazza stick to your juvenille board 'rocks off' and keep your worshipping of dylan and cop hater springsteen off a REAL Stones site.

Hey Dear Doctor, I know you must be green with envy at having to peer out from your little Stones bubble to read that Springsteen is:

a) selling shed-loads of his number one album in spite of a widespread radio boycott;
b) filling up stadium after stadium on his current tour;
c) receiving absolute rave reviews from just about every reviewer on the planet;
d) knocking all before him for six;
e) playing a set-list with EIGHT (count 'em) songs off of the new album;
f) making around ten setlist changes from one night to the other;
g) playing in the form of his life;

etc...

...but get over it!

Date: June 7, 2008 16:23

tatters
"An important minor artist or a rather flawed and inconsistent major one"

--Christgau (1978)

Nice quote, but have you got anything that is more, shall we say, up-to-date?

Posted by: dj ()
Date: June 7, 2008 16:28

Barn Owl
Dear Doctor

Hey Dear Doctor, I know you must be green with envy at having to peer out from your little Stones bubble to read that Springsteen is:

a) selling shed-loads of his number one album in spite of a widespread radio boycott;
b) filling up stadium after stadium on his current tour;
c) receiving absolute rave reviews from just about every reviewer on the planet;
d) knocking all before him for six;
e) playing a set-list with EIGHT (count 'em) songs off of the new album;
f) making around ten setlist changes from one night to the other;
g) playing in the form of his life;

etc...

...but get over it!

Me thinks that Dear Doctor's post may have been - shall we say - tongue in cheek. But I could be wrong.

Date: June 7, 2008 16:34

How do you know that mine isn't?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 7, 2008 16:46

i'd say he'd be in the top 10.

but still behind the likes of Queen, Beatles, Eagles, RHCP, U2 and Kiss

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 7, 2008 17:41

shadooby
Gazza
You're not 'bothering' me in the slightest, shadooby. I find you quite hilarious and great entertainment in your own way. It's all fun. It's you who seem to be 'bothered' by this more than anyone, going by your responses.

Yo Gazza! Looks like you just pulled! grinning smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home