Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger singing Hendrix's "Foxy Lady"
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 5, 2008 03:28

Ran across this on UTube, looks like Gazza's stuff. I wonder if the Stones could have done this?

Re: Mick Jagger singing Hendrix's "Foxy Lady"
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 5, 2008 11:18

The 1987 LA version with Jeff Beck recorded during the Throwaway clip shooting was available a while on Youtube but deleted for some reason...

Date: June 8, 2008 22:35

I would have loved to hear Keith play this

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 10, 2008 21:47

One morning i Brussels, actually on June 3rd last year, I woke up and through my open hotel windows I heard a great version of "California Dreaming" (The Mamas & The Papas). Got out of bed, stood by the window, wondering who the singer was. The voice was kind of familiar... So I looked up and realised the windows of Micks hotel suite were open. Figure out the rest!
I've never forgotten this wonderful moment, and I'm just hoping he'll perform it live with the Stones. He sang it really well.
I phoned a friend (big Stones fan), but he'd switched off his mobile phone. He called me back just after the meeting and wondered who the singer was. When I told him, he almost fainted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-10 21:49 by Addicted.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 10, 2008 21:55

Wow, Satriani is great here!
Thanks for the video.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 10, 2008 21:58

It's awful, but still a lot better than the Rolling Stones covers they did in 1988

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 10, 2008 22:41

most terrible hairdos ever...;-)

Date: June 11, 2008 06:10

Erik_Snow
It's awful, but still a lot better than the Rolling Stones covers they did in 1988

Its not that bad Erik, music wise, the band looks like Prince's the Revolution but it is a hard song to cover band wise. I would still love to hear Keith rip it out.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: June 11, 2008 06:35

eighties crap

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:15

..... corny

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:10

Great song, terrible version. Even worse if you directly after watching those posers take a look at the real thing.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 11, 2008 12:29

Yes, Jimi was the real deal.

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: June 11, 2008 17:24

It's been pretty well agreed upon that Jagger should stick with his band and the music he/they write and play. This is absolutely horrible.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 11, 2008 17:33

Let me be the first to say I like this. This audio quality is terrible and I think a lot of you are (perhaps subconciously) dismissing it simply because of that.

Joe Satriani, Simon Phillips, what a band Mick had there. Now his band IS crap.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 11, 2008 17:51

It's a decent version (The Jagger one). But there's too much individuality to it.

I've always loathed guitar playing when it's running up and down the fretboard all the time. Many people can go see a concert solely because the guitarist is great. They come to see one man shine. I could never ever do that. If the band is there only to support one man, it sucks. Sure you can go see Van Halen, but it's pure crap to me. The dude never learned to shut his ass up on that guitar. Pauses are important from time to time. This is also the reason that Mick Taylor didn't make The Stones much better in my honest opinion (If we think only live). I think he was best, and a very good one at that, on the 1969/1970 tour. He was limited there, probably because he was the new boy and he knew that he should hold back a bit. In 1972 (On tour) he was all over everything. I think he reduced all the songs they played, into a solo shine spot for himself. I don't like that.
Jimi could do it though. He had this special element of chaos in his playing that made any given song interesting. Hendrix' chaos playing is a whole frickin' field of research. He was amazing like that. Sometimes I could need a little more structure though, but that's all. That's about the only thing I can think of that I don't like about Hendrix (Anybody seen the Hendrix Sex Tape that's just emerged by the way)?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 11, 2008 18:35

King Snake
Let me be the first to say I like this. This audio quality is terrible and I think a lot of you are (perhaps subconciously) dismissing it simply because of that.

Joe Satriani, Simon Phillips, what a band Mick had there. Now his band IS crap.

No,for me, it's not the sound quality. In my opinion, it is just not very good; the original is better in every way.

It's great when anyone finds joy in any music, but I'm with Kent on this...There are tons of 16 year olds that can play really,really fast...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-11 18:38 by texas fan.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 11, 2008 19:11

JumpingKentFlash
Jimi could do it though. He had this special element of chaos in his playing that made any given song interesting. Hendrix' chaos playing is a whole frickin' field of research. He was amazing like that. Sometimes I could need a little more structure though, but that's all. That's about the only thing I can think of that I don't like about Hendrix (Anybody seen the Hendrix Sex Tape that's just emerged by the way)?

Quite so..and though the style couldn't be more different..it's exactly the same thing with Keith ;^)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 11, 2008 19:12

King Snake, you are mistaken if you think you're the only one who can get past the soundquality of a recording and listen to the performance instead.
Also, this Foxy Lady comes in better quality elsewhere - and it's even worse when it's clear sounding. The Jagger 1988 bootlegs...they never got more than one single playing over here btw - a waste of money.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-11 19:17 by Erik_Snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home