Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rude concertgoers
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:56

Has anyone else noticed an annoying trend lately of self-absorbed, thoughtless concertgoers who insist on having loud conversations, essentially shouting to one another nonstop, while bands are playing? These idiots are a distraction those of us who paid to see bands and are trying to watch the shows. While I understand that rock shows aren't like going to the symphony, these yoyos, who BTW include both men and women, just babble on like a bunch of cackling old ladies, yacking about things that have nothing to do with what's going on onstage. If what they have to so say is so bloody important that they have to talk about it endlessly during a show, they should take it elsewhere and show some respect for the people who paid to see a show. In two of the last three shows I've attended (Black Keys two weeks ago, Raconteurs last night, both at 930 in DC), I've had to tell people to "please shut up. I'm trying to watch the band."

Re: Rude concertgoers
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:59

How was the Raconteurs last night...I was there Tuesday, and it was blistering...

review, please, or email me privately. The Tuesday, 27 May 08 show is on NPR.

JR

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 29, 2008 16:01

> I've had to tell people to "please shut up. I'm trying to watch the band."

it's good if they, at least, shut up after being told so.
anyway, I don't have such problems, where I live musicians like Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan or even the Stones are listened by elderly people! they're not cool for my friends, or any other teenagers. so sometimes it's like opera smiling smiley

but I know, it's sad. I've never been to the show with a friend who enjoyed it.

Date: May 29, 2008 16:03

The Raconteurs were smoking, the last great hope for that big rock thing that we know and love! In particular, props to their drummer, Patrick Keeler, best basher for that kind of music since Dave Grohl.

Date: May 29, 2008 16:05

>it's good if they, at least, shut up after being told so.

Unfortunately, sometimes they just start yacking again after a few minutes. I wonder why they even both to go these shows. Have they no respect for what concert tickets cost?

Date: May 29, 2008 16:05

Thanks, Mate...Just wondering if the set list was different. havent found too many detailed reviews for either.

Best,

JR

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 29, 2008 16:14

I shouted out who killed'em

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 29, 2008 16:28

What ticks me off is the people who treat a stones show as a social event to be seen at or attend. At the Dallas 05 concert there were two annoying middle aged women behind me who spent the whole time on their cell phones telling friends where they were at and what they were doing. Alot of em are people w/either the connections(or money) to get the best seats and then treat it like a cocktail fundraiser. If these people would stay home maybe real fans would havew a chance for better seats and a more memorable experience!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 29, 2008 16:41

In Amsterdam last year at the Police concert, there were many people in the FOS area who were clearly not interested in the music but kept talking and using their cell phones. These people wore expensive clothes (nothing against that, just an observation). When finally "Every breath you take" came up they started yelling and dancing. Apparently they knew that one song.

I also hate the use of cell phones to take pictures at concerts. Everytime a musician takes a walk on the catwalk (of the stage) or to the b-stage, arms with cell phones are raised. No clapping, just "clicking". I hate that.

They really should forbid that, would be more fun for the musicians as well.

If I ever get to direct a splatter movie, this would be in it: a lead singer would take out a samurai sword and cut off all those arms with cellphones in the middle of the song. Sick, I know, but...

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: May 29, 2008 17:38

I am finding with these so expensive concert tickets the real fans are not going just really rich people who are kinda fans but get to say the next day "yeah i saw the stones last night, they were ok".
then once i was at a stones show at the ACC here in toronto sitting beside a guy who was recently oversevred, like all stones shows, i smoked my joint and just focused on watching THE STONES. then this guy taps me on the shoulder and says "oops i just threw up on the people in front of us" I look down and two people are screaming as they run their fingers through their barf filled hair......he asked me what he should do, i said tell them you are sorry...ohhhh

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 29, 2008 17:57

This is clearly a trend that knows no borders and a very annoying one at that.

The corporate freebie thing is definitely part of it but some people appear to actually pay for their own tickets and do this too. It's modern life, I fear: total selfishness plus short attention spans, inability to focus on anything for more than five minutes.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 29, 2008 17:58

Corporate goers; saw hundreds at Rod Stewart:
loud chattin' & cell phone blablain' along the break
& then they refused to sit down till security made them.
Many of those retards left the concert when some 3-4 songs were left.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 29, 2008 18:23

Miss the start, miss the end

'Cause they're such very good friends

For there are things to be loved

And things to only attend

Miss the start

Miss the end.

(a song by Sparks from Indiscreet, 1975)

Date: May 29, 2008 19:06

Man I hate it when people shout and talk instead of listening to the band perform. I too experienced this at The Raconteurs show on Tuesday night at the 9:30 Club in DC. Jack White and the band were on fire and I couldn't understand why these people weren't paying close attention to what was going on up on the stage! WTF! I really felt like telling them to shut up, but instead, I "accidentally" spilled some beer on them and that's what it took to get them to move to a different spot on the floor. Not something I normally do, but they deserved it.
Nobody interupts my time with The Raconteurs!

"And I'm growin' funny flowers in my little window sill"

Date: May 29, 2008 19:19

Nice one. Buzz, I was actually surround by some major Raconteur fans. It was nice. We were in the balcony on the rail, just left (facing stage) of center. Of course a couple of morons were behind me, trying to steal my poster and tee-shirt, I got so mad at them, I threw the shirt into the crowd. When he asked why I did that and didnt give it to him, I told him, "because I DO NOT LIKE YOU..." he shut up the rest of the night. I really think I scared the guy! Ha!

JR

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 29, 2008 19:24

It would be easier to put this t-shirt on anyway... winking smiley
stone-relics, was it during "U Don't Understand Me"? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: May 29, 2008 19:30

Yes, that was it. He had stepped on three times, so It was filthy and stained with beer. At that point, I didnt want it anymore...AND it totally blew his mind, so well worth the $20 bucks I paid for it..

Were you there, Amused?

I was looking for IORR folks, and saw one guy with a black 72 tour shirt...I wonder if that person was on the list...I spoke to him outside, albeit briefly, and said "Nice Shirt"

JR

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 29, 2008 19:32

I have a question for people who have attended concerts in different countries....what country is most guilty of rude behaviour?

My first guess would be the USA?

Date: May 29, 2008 19:37

Yeah, those morons at the 9:30 club...

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 19:46 by stone-relics.

Date: May 29, 2008 19:50

Stones-relic wrote:
"The Tuesday, 27 May 08 show is on NPR."

OMG! When is that gonna be on NPR, or did I already miss it? I got of boot of the first time I saw The Raconteurs in Philly so I'm really hoping one pops up for the May 27th show, and if not, I would at least record it off of NPR.
That show was such an in-your-face, ass-kicking, spine-tingling performance that I wish I was able to head to NY this Saturday to experience them again.
I know Jack White is a married man, but dang, he should divorce her and marry me! LOFL

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 29, 2008 19:54

...yeah, when will it be on NPR please?

And is anybody else on IORR going to see them June 13 at Bonnaroo?

Date: May 29, 2008 19:55

Buzz, its archived on NPR.

Here is the link....by brother is going to copy it, and burn it for me. I dont have the softwear.

stone-relics
The show is on NPR!!!!

[www.npr.org]

What a blast!

JR

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 29, 2008 20:09

Was at a BB King show 2 years ago, a woman and her husband were right up front. They drank the whole night. Drank while waiting for BB, drank while BB's band opened the show, and drank during BB's set. By the time they got halfway through BB's set...the woman was barely keeping her eyes open...she was leaning on her husband's chest...practically snoring. How freakin' RUDE. You're in front of a legend...and here you are dozing off?? They left several songs later. How disrespectful and terrible.

Knew another co-worker who constantly got kicked out of concerts for being drunk and rowdy. Another useless person at a concert....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 20:09 by Justin.

Date: May 29, 2008 20:45

and what exactly is the difference when in the sixties everybody riotted the place, of the 70's where everybody was so drugged up that they said; if you can remember it, you weren't there ??

The only difference is that nowadays it's just a few people

just my 2 pence

not talking about the loud conversations though, i also have something i really hate: people who watch the concert through their cell phone while making crappy movies to show at their social party's

Date: May 29, 2008 20:46

Bingo
I have a question for people who have attended concerts in different countries....what country is most guilty of rude behaviour?

My first guess would be the USA?

the dutch seem to be known as a 'talking crowd'

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 29, 2008 21:09

I've the rudest concert goers are, unfortunately, those in my 40-50 something peer group. I've hushed people innumerable times in recent years and the responses generally range from embarrassment to anger to sarcasm. Nary a one ever acknowledged THEY could possibly be being rude. Talk about self absorbed.

The worst offenders in my experience? Springsteen fans - always drunk or self-righteous. Either way insufferable.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 30, 2008 11:52

I think its the mobile phones when people are taking photos etc WTF, is that all about,Just enjoy the concert.

At the SAL premiere the woman sitting 2 seats away,was constantly texting and found the light on her phone so annoying!!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 30, 2008 11:57

Reminds me of my thread:

Anybody Else Bugged by Outstretched Arms at Concerts?

[www.iorr.org]

p

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 30, 2008 13:34

cant stand peeps taking photos of the 'moment' instead of actually 'being in the moment'

and knob jockeys who yell out 'sit down, we are trying to watch the concert '
Its the Stones baby - get up and get jiggy.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 30, 2008 14:14

We were at a Hamell on Trial show where some fatheads were blathering on about nothing. Since H. was doing a solo show, he first asked them, politely, to cut out the chatter because it was tough to concentrate on stage. They agreed, but kept it up. Two songs later, he asked them how much they paid to get in and told them he would pay them double if they would leave. They mumbled something about being sorry and he told them it was too late for that and that they were "narcissistic pricks" who had to leave. As they did, the rest of the club cheered wildly and the show went on with a renewed vigor. I wish more performers would realize these jerks need to be called out, their behavior turns other people off to the point they won't attend shows at the same venue or by the same performer. If a group needs to talk about their week or whatever, do it in the lobby or go to a bar, not a music club.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home